Getting paid: stage-fright!

blackroseivy

Anybody here get paid? Isn't it kind of a scary transition from this friendly forum into a place where there are great expectations because money changes hands? I am about to (FINALLY!!) have my website up & operational, & just wondering what the heck it's all about... Do the readings have to be, like, pages long? Because I don't do that (unless it's a MAJOR spread!!). I like my readings kinda concise & to-the-point personally, so I don't see the value in going on & on endlessly about 1 card.

I once had a reader TYPE EACH ENTRY OUT OF THE BOOK - & that when she KNEW I was about to get the set myself!! (It was "The Cards of Alchemy" by Ray Buckland; a very tricky, *tough* one to read too, but I still recommend it to anyone who loves Alchemical imagery, like I do! :D) Anyway, NO interpretation at all WHATSOEVER! I paid her like 7.50, or 5.00, something like that. *I* actually do *work* for this tiny amount (on eBay, where I have currently listed some auctions, & MW's community auctions). My readings just aren't miles long.

Which brings me back to: So, any other "paid" readers out there? Any thoughts to share? I really *am* nervous about making the transition! Not that I've NEVER been paid before, but it has been rare. We'll see, right? Hope my website gets off the ground! Ok, I'm through rambling!!! :D

bladeraven

*hugs* you'll do fine....take a deep breath *well try not to breathe too close to me, I don't want you to get sick...apparently Cielo caught what I had*...Sending postive energy your way

Eco74

Just a thought.

You could post an "example reading" that will show the style of your readings.
That way the people who want one will know what to expect as far as details and style of writing.

There is an awareness that I've found is growing, in that people want to know what they are getting.
Well, it may not be very wide spread in our society but it is a growing trend.

The reading could be for Cinderella and how she should handle her step-mother just to keep any real people out of it.

blackroseivy

What an interesting idea - thanx so much for the suggestion! It'll mean yet another page for my website, but I can do that... Hm, I think maybe I'd better make the reading about me, since I really know I'd be picking up things anyway, it's *bound* to be about *something*, you know? I could even advertise it as a reading I do for myself. We'll see what I can do! Thanx again!

Oh & THANX br!! :D

tao51

I sense you will do quite well. Stage fright is normal. Just be true to yourself!--Blessings--Tao

blackroseivy

Thank you!! I was kinda hoping I would turn out to be not the only one, but i guess others here are just more experienced than I am!

linabeet

I'm in the same place as you. I've done a few readigns for exchages or gifts but no money has changed hands yet. This weekend however, i'm going to read at a festival and there is definately some stage fright. With a background in theatre I need to remind myself that confidence can be as much a facade as reality, that is, if you seem confident, people think you are. It's enough to bluff our way through the growing stages anyway I hope!
Tell us how it goes!