How eating affects Tarot readings

jumptothemoonyea

Do you think what we eat affects a Tarot reading?

bladeraven

That's actually an interesting question and leaves a lot to mind...since food does alter the body though not so much as alcohol or drugs does...it still can affect the body in different ways...after all...doesn't the aroma of food make us become hungry???

As far as affecting tarot readings....I would definetely gather if you're eating something extremely spicy and your not normally use to it....that will distract from the reading......as to the actual reading itself....I would have to chance to say it would depend on what the individual is eating......Different people eat different food and everyone would probrably have a different reaction to say the same food item......

Moonchild1721

I would think that being too full, or too hungry would affect a reading. If you're hungry, you're probably too busy thinking about what you want to eat to concentrate on the reading, and if you're too full, then you're just too uncomfortable to concentrate!
Samantha

PlatinumDove

I agree with Moonchild, but food also gives us energy and allows our brains to function better, so perhaps doing a 6 small meals would be better than one large meal.

Fulgour

jumptothemoonyea said:
Do you think what we eat affects a Tarot reading?
It's not what you eat, it's what eats you.

Zephyros

Fulgour said:
It's not what you eat, it's what eats you.

Fulgour, beautifully apt as always;)

I think its all a matter of comfort. If I drink before a reading, then chances are that I'll see double, so I'll avoid reading in that condition. Same with food. If I'm very hungry or too full, then either I'll be tired or cranky, both of which make for bad readings. I don't think its the type of food that affects the readings, though. If that were so, would people in India read differently than people in England or Peru?

Hmmmm, must check up on that...

GypsyMeli

How about eating during a reading? I did a reading for someone the other day who felt that eating pizza was OK. I insisted he wouldn't get an accurate reading, because he wasn't focused. I did the reading anyway, but as far as his reading being accurate I don't know. Any opinions?

rcb30872

GypsyMeli said:
How about eating during a reading? I did a reading for someone the other day who felt that eating pizza was OK. I insisted he wouldn't get an accurate reading, because he wasn't focused. I did the reading anyway, but as far as his reading being accurate I don't know. Any opinions?
Not only that, wouldn't the cards be all slippery with all the fat/grease that the pizza would be dripping in. Can't imagine that shuffling would be an easy thing to do! LOL

I would have to agree with you have to have the right level of comfort so to speak, you can't be too hungry or you can't be left feeling bloated. I suppose if you were to eat whilst doing readings then something like a fruit and nut mix would be adequate.

Bec

GypsyMeli

rcb30872 said:
Not only that, wouldn't the cards be all slippery with all the fat/grease that the pizza would be dripping in. Can't imagine that shuffling would be an easy thing to do! LOL

I would have to agree with you have to have the right level of comfort so to speak, you can't be too hungry or you can't be left feeling bloated. I suppose if you were to eat whilst doing readings then something like a fruit and nut mix would be adequate.

Bec

Yea, well I did all the shuffling and the only thing he did was cut the deck. I wasn't doing any eating, so no greasy cards. But I am going to redo this guys reading, there were some funky things that came up that didn't make much sense. No more eating allowed during my readings.