Harry Potter and Saturn

wizzle

Do you realize that the new Harry Potter book is coming out on the 16th, the day Saturn enters Leo. Do you? Huh?

What deep, esoteric meaning does this have for all of humanity? Will there be a hidden Saturn message in the book? Questions. Questions.

BTW, Harry Potter was born on 7/31/79 at 4:29AM in Surry, England
00:20 W 51:10 N

You can see his birth chart at

http://www.astrologyalive.com/Harry_Potter.html

rainwolf

Well it will be in the first decan of leo, so maybe this will be a struggle in expressing attention to oneself, and also in sex, and casual relationships. I guess this means a difficult center of attention, difficulty achieving it or showing it. Working with it will have meaningful learning experiences however.

It should also conjunct the sun in the coming days, approximately 10. I think this emphasizes the first decan of leo (subruler sun).

Am I completely wrong? :laugh:

Violinagin

But... if the Dursley's house was in Surry, wouldn't Harry have to have been born somewhere else if it's true that Hagrid had to take him from the ruined house and bring him to Surry. I know they had to fly over Bristol to get to Little Whinging. Or is Bristol in Surry?

I don't know anything about English geography, so I thought I'd ask...

wizzle

I know nothing of UK geography either. But the woman who did the horoscope used Surry since the real birthplace of HP is not on any muggle map.

Violinagin

I've been looking in the books and if they were flying over Bristol to get to Surrey, then Wales would be a good bet for the birthplace of Harry. (If he was born near where his parents live)

I'm sorry, I'm a terrible Harry Potter fan :D I have to get it right...

Kaylee Marie

I'm a total Potter-head too! :laugh:

This brings up a question I've long wondered about though... how important is the EXACT birth place? I know that an exact time is important, but does a distance of 50 or 100 miles really make much of a difference on this huge ball we call Earth?

35 hours and counting until the release of HBP!!

paradoxx

not to direct the thread into the undesirable, but with that leo placement, we might see some book burnings, which is ironic since a true protest would be not to buy to books at all and just burn an effigy.

Minderwiz

Having rushed my wife to the local supermarket to buy a copy yesterday (she's currently deep into reading it) - I have to be more objective.

A natal chart is a type of event chart - the event in this case being the birth of a child. Now, I hate to point this out to fans, but Harry Potter is a fictional character - which means there was no birth, and hence no event!

Yes, it's possible to construct a fictional chart for a fictional event but it has no use whatsoever - it can't tell you anything about a person that doesn't exist.

A much better approach for fans of HP would be to look at other events - the time and place of first publication (of any of the books, but preferably the first in the series). Even better would be an event chart for the moment J K Rowling thought up the character, or first started writing the first novel (if this can be discovered).

This can be taken further by comparing these event charts to Rowling's own natal chart - which might give some insights into possible plots, or themes.

I know Rowling's chart is on the net at AstroProfile.com, though the time of 2 pm looks rather suspiciously inaccurate and looking around the bios there are more than one claimed birth places and at least one biography makes her a year younger!

http://www.astroprofile.com/cforbestop10.htm

Minderwiz

Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone was published on 30 June 1997 - so you could take this as his 'official birth' - take either midnight, dawn or midday for time.

Moongold

At the risk of sounding like a wet blanket (or a wet magic carpet) I am bemused by the attention paid to Harry Potter and have made a commitment to buy the first book on Saturday and read it thoroughly.

I tried a few years ago but gave up through disappointment (..... and . ....um.... Boredom ..........)

Perhaps it was not the right time?