Venus in scorpio anyone?

rainwolf

For those with venus in scorpio, how has this affected you? In one book it is stated as (because it is in exile)
...the worst sign for this planet, and of this position "Here her fire is completely fettered and either she is quite frigid or capable of vice without warmth, but always corrupted by the negative qualities of mars."

I can say from personal experience that I am not too emotional in a warm way, and I feel as though I have a notsowarm vibe...Im not the casual-touchy kind where you hug for no reason.

Also, in terms of aspects, I have an exact trine of mars in pisces, conjunct pluto, sextile neptune in capricorn.

Fulgour

For a Sagittarius, Venus in Scorpio = Business Smarts.
That doesn't mean you don't enjoy taking a gamble...
and you may find that people often confide in you too.

~Fulgour

magpie9 said:
I'm a Sag with Venus in Scorpio, have absolutely no business sense, and think gambling for money is just silly. That quote sounds very old-fashioned and judgemental to me....what century did you say it's from?
Hi Maggie! Let me think... How long have we been friends..?
So then rather than me hold up a mirror to you, perhaps you
might enjoy taking a 'lighter' look into your own... sound fair?

Taking a gamble is different from making an impulsive cash bet,
which Moongold did make note of, and you ought to know too:
you have one of the keenest business minds of anyone I know.

Was there anything you wanted to add for Rainwolf's benefit?

magpie9

I'm a Sag with Venus in Scorpio, have absolutely no business sense, and think gambling for money is just silly.

That quote sounds very old-fashioned and judgemental to me....what century did you say it's from? ;)

rainwolf

I think how much you would enjoy gambling would depend on the other planets, say saturn in capi. I don't really 'enjoy' it because i know ill just lose it, but i dont think its stupid in a 'have a little' fun kinda way.

The confiding part and being sagittarius somewhat work out, because I like to be trusted in an honest enough way to have them confide. Basically when I feel I can be confided with, they are trusting which is honesty.

Moongold

I think someone needs to say that it is really not the most useful thing to look things so simply as this. It is like saying in Tarot that the Page of Cups is a hopeless ponce to be standing on the beach dressed as he is looking at a goldfish in a cup.

In considering meaning in astrology you have to look at elements, signs, planets, houses and aspects..

Whilst Venus is a planet and regulates energy flow, how it does that depends not only on what sign it is in but what house and what aspects it has to other planets.

As a planet, Venus can influence how one expresses affection, feels appreciated and gives of self.

rainwolf, I would be reluctant to say how Venus in Scorpio might work for you without more details about where it is in your chart and what other influences come to bear on it.

I have Venus in Capricorn in the 1st house and my Venus forms a yod with Saturn and Uranus. Essentially this means that I tend to be reserved initially (1st House and Capricorn stuff). The aspects affect me in a nother way which is not important here. Venus tends to influence how one values beauty as well and she lightens up my Capricorn 1st House and Cap Ascendant quite wonderfully.

Once you understand how the nergy might work, then you can work consciously with it, using your awareness of all dimensions to influence how you act and how you experience.

Moongold

PS - In all good faith and respect I cannot see any connection between Venus in Scorpio and gambling :D.

Edited to add that I think Fulgour meant something completely different by "gamble". :)

rainwolf

I should've known to put that! It is in my 5th house.

Moongold

rainwolf ~

This is very general and does not take into account other aspects in your chart which could well influence how this placement is expressed.

Venus in Scorpio in the 5th House? You can be intense, passionate and somewhat obsessive in your attractions and relationships. Remember the two are different :). Venus in the 5th House would be immensely creative artistically. As you know, the 5th House is one of the locations of creativity. How does your creativity show itself?

It's the house of play as well and this aspect may offset some of the intensity of the Scorpio passion. This could show itself in a delightful playfulness in any area or just being good at various types of recreation. Do you play sport? I have a sense that you would and you're probably pretty good at it with the right balance of skill and passion.

You might like children as well. So parenthood (not at all out of the question) or working with kids might be worthwhile pursuits for you.

Fulgour

Hi Rainwolf,

I saw from the link to your website
that you had Venus in the 5th House,
but nothing came specifically to mind.

Worth considering is how having
Mercury in Scorpio affects this.
Mercury is always close to the Sun
but does very interesting things...

~Fulgour

Scorpio, 11th House
with
Mercury in Scorpio
and Venus in Sagittarius
both 12th House

lunalafey

Venus in Scorpio....not good for the relationship department, can be troublesome, makes for a really nice person though, kind, generous....
FOR ME-
I have alot of Capricorn and Virgo in my natal- but do have Venus in Scorpio, which by the way is detriment. (opposite of the sign the planet rules).
Venus squares Mars in Aquarius and in one of my books it mentions that my giving nature can be my downfall....true. I lose out on alot for being nice or nurturing to those who don't really care. Specifically in relationships I will suffer from loss, mistreatment possibly even dangerous...and the like....again, true. The erie part to that is that sign/planet combination and the loss that it can represent, a death of a partner, experienced that as well.

The flip side to that is that good relationships will come later in life...well, it;s later now and after all the ups and downs, I'm happy with my S/O for a change :D
One thing that I have read that does not seem to fit- then again, not going past the aspect between Venus and the Moon (which is also in detriment in my chart & might explain this) is that I'm supposed to be social to the point of enjoying it.....NOT! I'm no good at a party with alot of people. I'm not one to be alone in a crowd and go out and make a friend, I'd rather watch everyone and laugh at them ;)