PDA

View Full Version : okay... what's your LEAST fav?

joya250
14-07-2005, 07:34
yeah, I know, they are all special for different reasons, but it is our human nature to have preferences. :)

I would have to say that I am just not a big fan of Amethyst. Interestingly, this stone seems to be a HUGE favorite of many. Nothing wrong with it, of course, I just never felt drawn to this stone. To me, it holds no appeal.

Interestingly (again) I did once find what I thought was an Amethyst wand... I saw it in a display case and was very surprized at myself when I was drawn to it. Even before I held it, I had decided that it was coming home with me -- the attraction was that great. But when I checked out the little sticker, I found out it was in fact Ametrine -- which is a combo of Citrine & Amethyst. Go figure. ... and I still don't "like" Amethyst.

.... so what are your stories? :)

joya

lark
14-07-2005, 08:17
My least fav. is Hematite.
Not that I don't like the looks of it or anything like that, but when I'm around it or I hold it it just feels like too much....
To much energy, to much of a metalic feel, to much grounding, just..... much to much.
I have a small piece of it among my collection, but I avoid it as much as possible.

poivre
14-07-2005, 08:43
I have a problem with Amethyst also.
I think purple is depressing for me.There's
something that just doesn't settle with me about this stone.
It's like it's water, uncontainable?

Hemitite also makes me grouchy. I had a ring once and must
have wore it on a bad day. lol

I like all the stones but you know what it's like when your
having off days...even colors clash!

BodhiSeed
14-07-2005, 08:49
This is too funny! My two least favorite are hematite and amethyst! They both make me feel depressed, even though amethyst is supposed to be my birthstone!
bodhran

Bluemanticore
14-07-2005, 09:03
Azurite is one stone that just rubs me the wrong way. I'm not sure what it is about it, but I just find I can't like it. And the funny thing is, it is often found in nature intertwined with malachite, and malachite is my all-time fav. stone.

wizzle
14-07-2005, 09:22
I don't care much for turquoise and it is my birthstone, alas.

I didn't resonate with yellow stones for a while but they are beginning to grow on me. So maybe tastes change.

Myrrha
14-07-2005, 09:57
My least favorite is rutilated quartz. It feels so energetic, like irritating needles of buzzing electricity. It is really hard to be around. It would be fun to experiment with being blindfolded and having someone else hand me small pieces of different stones to see what they feel like without pre-conceptions.

--Myrrha

jumptothemoonyea
14-07-2005, 10:20
Tiger Eye makes me uncomfortable. Heavy, serious energy. Hematite is the second - very cold. According to Chinese astrology chart I have 100% Yin for all elements. Cold as winter. Need lots of warmth. Opposites attract, the same polarities repulse each other. We are intuitively attracted to the stones that make our energies happy?

PlatinumDove
14-07-2005, 11:23
I don't like topaz.

anion-
14-07-2005, 12:07
I also dislike Hematite intensly. Too grounding.... also on the list of dislikes is sodalite, pyrite, and turquoise.

Elven
14-07-2005, 12:21
I have a piece of Meteorite - which yes - is not a crystal. But I cant carry it with me at all and I have stopped using it for Spiritual contact and meditation. I have had it for 15 years. It sits in my tarot cabinet now by itself!!! :D

Blessings
Elven x

Simone
14-07-2005, 23:57
Hematite here too: I own a Hematite necklace, and I like the way it looks but I simply cannot wear it as I get intense neck aches if I have it around me for more than a couple of hours...

joya250
15-07-2005, 00:36
aw, sounds like Hematite is getting the short end of the stick. haha. Personally, I resounate really well with this stone. Malachite, however... I've tried, and will most likely try again, but that to me is the "over-grounding" stone.

Interesting to hear I am not alone in my un-fondness of Amethyist! I thought it was just me...

Emeraldgirl
15-07-2005, 10:05
Another person for hematite if I wear it too long it drains me. I also used to have something against unakite. I just really didn't like it but now I do. I have a few pieces that work fine with me................................... now. I also am not really a fan of yellow/orange stones. I prefer greens blues and purples but that's more a color thing than a particular stone type.

PlatinumDove
18-07-2005, 07:58
Alright, I'm adding in hematite for the reason that it is starting to make me and the little one very hyper at night, to the point where I can't get any sleep if I wear my hematite ring.

O_O
18-07-2005, 12:44
I can't stand Bloodstone..Just looking at it kinda' turns my stomach.

Something about that reddish green mix that gets me :d

O O

feticeira
18-07-2005, 13:09
Rose quartz for me. I just never get the influences it supposedly gives, instead I get depressed, anxious, tired and moody.
So I use rhodocrosite for the purposes that most people use rose quartz for. Itīs a wonderful stone.

SilverCloudedWolf
18-07-2005, 22:14
The one stone in my collection that I really don't like holding, touching or even looking at is yellow jade, although I like my green jade. I, too, don't list amethyst as a favourite, that's not to say I don't like it, but I'm just not attracted to it.

Silver

Nina*
19-07-2005, 02:54
Well, I really don't like Hematite and Amethyst too :eek:

xxx
Nina

autumn star
19-07-2005, 11:52
I don't like anything that has a kind of orangey colour ... like tigers eye as someone as mentioned ... carnelion too ...

I don't mind yellowy toned stones ... like Amber ... but just not orange ... it gives me a headache

PlatinumDove
19-07-2005, 12:12
I have a really pretty tiger's eye that's mostly brown with a few golden stripes in it, maybe you just need to find one that's not orangey?

autumn star
20-07-2005, 10:45
I have a really pretty tiger's eye that's mostly brown with a few golden stripes in it, maybe you just need to find one that's not orangey?

Good point Platinum Dove ... perhaps I should try to look harder :)

light2000
20-07-2005, 13:15
I think the stone i have that i dont like to much is topaz.

hannahma
20-07-2005, 14:15
Yikes! Every single stone mentioned is among my favourite jewels... I wear amethyst, tiger eye, hematite and blue topaz more than all my others.. I also have tons of malachite and some nice yellow jade...and great carnelian... and plenty of rose quartz...what's wrong with me? Maybe I just dig busy energy? Okay, I don't like bloodstone.

Utuku
22-07-2005, 04:48
Yikes! Every single stone mentioned is among my favourite jewels... I wear amethyst, tiger eye, hematite and blue topaz more than all my others.. I also have tons of malachite and some nice yellow jade...and great carnelian... and plenty of rose quartz...what's wrong with me? Maybe I just dig busy energy? Okay, I don't like bloodstone.

I like most of those stones too! ^^ Amethyst and Rose Quartz I have a pretty neutral feeling towards.. they just don't seem to do anything for me.

I'd have to say that my least favorite stone is obsidian. It makes me depressed, for whatever reason..

LadyofDreams
22-07-2005, 08:42
i really dont like carnelian, it seems to repel me somehow...

i am trying to work through it, but not sure quite what the problem is :p

always,
~lady~

Remaniox
08-08-2005, 12:18
I love diamonds and all sorts of colored gemstones I can't stand Cubic Zirconia. I consider it a gem an artificial one

Chronata
08-08-2005, 12:37
I am not overly fond of howlite, rhodinite, aragonite...or any shade of jade.

and as for popular stones..( that people have actually heard of!;) )...I can't seem to get along well with amethyst. annoying...because I love purple!

punchinella
11-08-2005, 16:21
What a fun thread--I thought I'd just peek in & couldn't stop reading. How interesting that everyone seems put off by something. I hadn't realized quite how personal our relationship with the mineral "kingdom" is!

Remaniox, I'm not sure cz counts but I'm definitely with you on that one!!!

When I first opened this thread I thought "now nobody on Aeclectic is going to hate amethyst"--and strangely many people do! I personally have never been able to understand the fascination. To me it just feels flat, no energies, nothing.

Turquoise, on the other hand, makes me feel nauseous. The equivalent in floral terms is pink oleander. Yuck!

Remaniox
15-08-2005, 13:54
I would say amber isn't a fav.

SuzanneMoon
24-08-2005, 09:48
Dalmation Jasper and also Black Tourmaline these are the stones i am not very keen on also hematite

FantasyWorld
24-08-2005, 10:43
Dalmation Jasper and also Black Tourmaline these are the stones i am not very keen on also hematite

I also do am not fond of Dalmation Jasper but ooojhjhhhhhhihoh
Black Tourmaline is one of my fav's.

Not too many stones I don't like;) I could bond with gravel:D:D:D

Virgowitch
24-08-2005, 20:36
yea, i never felt drawn to hermatite, and it does seem cold to me, like metal. I have always loved citrine and rutilated quartz
<BIG favourite, and i feel that blue lace agate is just....i dont know.
Theres something about it! First i thought it was quite nice, but now i feel its too .... unlively!Thats it!(the word i was looking for) Unlively.
Also, i have found that another big favourite , that most people like is Rose quartz...no biggie for me, though it is nice.
monique :)