Saturn and Leo

TemperanceAngel

How long will Saturn be in Leo for? And will it be retrograding?

isthmus nekoi

Yes, it will be retrograding and it will be in Leo roughly 2.5 years.

prudence

What??!

Huh?

Please say it won't feel so emotionally rollercoaster-ish as it has been lately!! This is not fun, and I have been doing my best not to let it "get" to me....I have been using the mantra "they're just rocks in the sky" to get thru, but I had been thinking it would pass sooner. Ok, time for a new tactic. (my moon is at 16 degrees Leo...if this means that I am exempt somehow from the effects of this, plz do tell)

huredriel

To be honest I'm dreading it. My moon is in Cancer, my sun in Leo, and several planets in Virgo. So that would be what? 7 and a half years of this? I may as well go to bed and wake up in another decade grrrrrr

rainwolf

huredriel said:
To be honest I'm dreading it. My moon is in Cancer, my sun in Leo, and several planets in Virgo. So that would be what? 7 and a half years of this? I may as well go to bed and wake up in another decade grrrrrr
I dread saturn and I love it. I know, crazy. Part of me hates how cruel saturn can be, but part of me also loves the trials, hard work, and priceless lessons it also gives. Although I can be lazy, when I am active I do so with much energy and enjoy feeling all the work and pain of being human and knowing that I can put myself to it.

Hope that cheers some people up :D

isthmus nekoi

Dear Astrid,

Since your moon is midway through Leo, Saturn won't be near it for quite some time :) You can check the online ephemeris at www.astro.com to check the days Saturn will be at 16 degrees Leo.

It seems from the posts that ppl think if they have a planet in a sign and Saturn is there, they are affecting for the entire duration Saturn is there? Is that correct?... When Saturn aspects a planet, the strongest effect is during the aspect and it weakens when he moves deeper into the sign. For example, I had Saturn opposing my natal sun for roughly a month back in the fall of 2003. Then he moved on and the effects I was having eased away. This effect was actually extra long b/c Saturn was changing directions, and stationed opposite my natal sun's degree. So hope that makes y'all feel a bit better!!

huredriel

isthmus nekoi said:
It seems from the posts that ppl think if they have a planet in a sign and Saturn is there, they are affecting for the entire duration Saturn is there? Is that correct
Sorry Isthmus, I'm a total beginner with astrology and find some of it hard to get my head round. This is what I thought yes. My sun & another planet is in Leo, moon in cancer and I have 5 planets in Virgo, so I thought that would be pretty major.

TemperanceAngel

isthmus nekoi said:
You can check the online ephemeris at www.astro.com to check the days Saturn will be at 16 degrees Leo.
Thanks isthmus, I never realised until you pointed it out that there was an ephemeris at astro.com :)

prudence

Thanks, Isthmus, that is good to know!!

So, which ephemeris do you choose?

Leo62

Don't be scared!

Poor old Saturn. As it's my chart ruler and in my 1st house, I feel I must speak up for the "great malefic". Saturn transits can be fun. Really. Honestly.

Well maybe not fun, but they're a great opportunity to get stuff done.

Saturn transiting a natal planet wants you to "get real" with respect to the area of life connected with that planet. It demands that you incarnate something, somewhere in the real world. So it might be time to finally start/finish that novel/painting/project that you've been putting off for years, or take that trip you've long been dreaming of (but with careful financial planning of course :)), or take that long-deserved promotion at work. Whatever area of your life it affects (which will be determined by the planet being transited, its sign and house) Saturn wants you to put your money where your mouth is.

People with earthy charts tend to have an easier time with Saturn transits because they understand "keeping it real". Airy and watery types have a harder time with it. Fire kind of loves and hates it at the same time...

If you're really interested in improving your relationship with Saturn, I'd recommend "Twelve Faces of Saturn: Your Guardian Angel Planet" by Bil Tierney. It's a very positive and accessible introduction if you're astrologically squeamish...

And remember: Saturn corresponds with The World in the tarot - think of it as dancing within your limitations ;)