"Excuse me...but...are those Tarot cards?"

tmgrl2

I always appreciate it when people share their experiences with

Tarot reading for live sitters....

So..thought I would share what happened today at my hairdresser/day spa....

I haven't been reading much lately ...I read mostly in my home office for sitters referred by

"satisfied customers."

Mostly, I want people coming to my home that are referred by someone who knows them.

Anyhow, in today's mail, I received another Morgan-Greer Tarot, since I want to keep one at home, one in a study album and one to carry.

I figured I would bring it in with me to my hair salon....

While chatting with my hairdresser, I opened the deck...

and (ala Umbrae's method of ...read and they will come)

I began shuffling...and shuffling (after I made sure all of the cards were there).

"Excuse me...(a voice from the next chair)

But ....Are those Tarot cards?"

That was the beginning....we had a chat about Tarot and what it is and isn't
and this lady shared an experience her husband had in China....a few more people walked over.

"Too bad you can't do a reading while I'm waiting for my color to set...??"

"Well...I really need a spot to do the reading...and we have talked about my coming in here to do some short readings, but right now, I read by referral only in my home office..."

She took my number and directions to my house.

Then, after my hair color was on, I moved to an open seat...and set out

A Celtic Cross

For myself...I don't read for myself often, but felt I really needed to hear what the Tarot wanted to tell me.

One of the ladies who was standing in the backgroud, walked over ....she had heard I was going to read for myself. I was now well into the reading and taking my own notes....she started to speak and realized I was "in my zone."

She watched and waited and when I was done, we discussed Tarot....another candidate...

Then the woman who shampoos my hair...says...

"Darn...I want a reading, but don't have any breaks...do you have cards with you?"

Of course, I always carry my flyer in the car...since it has my philosophy on front of sheet...so when I finished today, I went to the car and brought in about 30 flyers ......

Umbrae has often said to people looking to reading professionally.

Go somewhere, sit down, pull out a deck, a notepad, shuffle and

Set out a spread.

It works.

I wasn't planning on what happened. I brought the cards in to shuffle them and do a reading for myself.

The conversations alone, today, about Tarot history and Tarot myths and Tarot experiences people have had....were so

Energizing.

You gotta love how the universe works....

I love the Tarot!! My gift from the universe.

(And....I got some wonderful guidance for myself in the process...I mean in the #5 position of the three card column, I had The Sun ...possible outcome...and in the #10 position...the Ten of Cups...with some marvelous insights in between.....Cards #1 and #2 were The Wheel and The Hermit...how cool is that???)

terri

Fairawen

Oh Terri that's great! Jees, it almost gives me enough inspiration to try it... *bites lip* Pennsylvania is tons different from NY though, and the people here tend to be in one of two groups. They're either really weirdly "EVIL EVIL EVIL" or they're weird in other ways... not saying anything against goths, but some people around here really go out of their way to look strange. :p A certain amount of black clothing and makeup and such is fine, but when someone has piercings all over their body, and shirts covered in abusive language.... that's just kinda toeing the line. :p Anyway, I'm sure there are SOME people out there in Pennsylvania who's like a reading... I don't go to the hairdressers though... hm....

Well, anyway, thanks for sharing! I love when you guys post stuff like this! Gets me all fired up. :D So inspiring!

~Fairawen~

Annabelle

What a marvelous experience! Thanks for sharing it with us, Terri. I'm going to get a chance to try Umbrae's "start reading the cards, and people will come to you" method myself tomorrow evening, as I'll be on an Amtrak train for 15 hours without much to do . . . so I'm planning to take along a deck or two and hang out for a while in the snack/lounge car, at one of the tables, and just start shuffling and doing a reading for myself. And then we'll see what happens . . .

tmgrl2

Fairawen said:
Oh Terri that's great! Jees, it almost gives me enough inspiration to try it... *bites lip* Pennsylvania is tons different from NY though, and the people here tend to be in one of two groups. They're either really weirdly "EVIL EVIL EVIL" or they're weird in other ways... not saying anything against goths, but some people around here really go out of their way to look strange. :p A certain amount of black clothing and makeup and such is fine, but when someone has piercings all over their body, and shirts covered in abusive language.... that's just kinda toeing the line. :p Anyway, I'm sure there are SOME people out there in Pennsylvania who's like a reading... I don't go to the hairdressers though... hm....

Well, anyway, thanks for sharing! I love when you guys post stuff like this! Gets me all fired up. :D So inspiring!

~Fairawen~

Hey ....we have our share of weird here in New York, too. What surprises me is that when I pull out the cards in somewhat of a "mainstream" setting, I have so many people with so many questions...Try it once. You are in control of offering or declining readings.

terri

tmgrl2

Annabelle4 said:
What a marvelous experience! Thanks for sharing it with us, Terri. I'm going to get a chance to try Umbrae's "start reading the cards, and people will come to you" method myself tomorrow evening, as I'll be on an Amtrak train for 15 hours without much to do . . . so I'm planning to take along a deck or two and hang out for a while in the snack/lounge car, at one of the tables, and just start shuffling and doing a reading for myself. And then we'll see what happens . . .

Ooooh....I can't wait to hear what happens!! Please share with us, Anabelle.

I know that stories like this really convinced me that, at the very least, I get to "Talk Tarot" with people and promote what is so good about The Tarot.

Merc and elf have some wonderful stories about "going live," as do others here.

These experiences really do encourage someone who is reluctant to begin.
It's a start and you take it where the Tarot and the experience lead you.

terri

Rachey

Wow Terri. What a wonderful experience :) Thanks for posting and telling us about it

Rach x

HearthCricket

Thanks for sharing that story. It is amazing how people react to tarot cards. While there will always be the ones who think it is nuts or bad, the majority seems to fall with people who are curious and interested. About 20 years ago I was camping with my parents with a club, and was in the trailer playing with several newly acquired decks, when one of my parents friends came in to visit. She saw the cards and asked for a reading. Word got around and I ended up doing 6 readings that weekend...wonderful practice for me, and fun for them. That made me overcome my fear for reading for others. Though I doubt my in-laws would enjoy me pulling them out at one of the family gatherings, my parents, Christian like me, have never considered it bad or weird. Then, again, they gave me my first deck on Christmas Day...30 years ago! :D

LuckyFox

That is great news :)

I am so compelled to go read outside somewhere nice, but I guess I am a bit scared to do so. It's good to know you had so many positive reactions.

I wish I had Morgan-Greer! I bet if you had Thoth in there people may have reacted differently-- Personally, I am very intimidated by them.

Now.. If I could just find a place to read :D

rainwolf

That is so interesting!

I could not do that so easily however...and here is my personal reason:

I feel like it I bring out my cards in hopes of showing them off to get a reading, that I am disrespecting them. I know others will disagree, but I feel like they should either come to you or that conversation should lead up to it, etc.

Anyway, it must be because it has always been an esoteric subject for me and I guess I like it that way. Many people do not understand it, and although i wish there could be enlightenment, I kind of just like tarot to be my personal outlet of creativity that not everyone does. Some may call it selfish, I call it special.

But I think that is great, for you and for others to get advice and experience what good tarot can do for them.

Kudos!

Citrin

I also love reading these posts! Very inspiring and uplifting.

I don't know if I'll ever do that though... I'm very shy when I'm around people that I don't know, and honestly, Swedes rarely walk up to strangers to talk, unless there's an emergency. ;) They are a little stiff I'd say, and will rather give a quick glance and then look down their lap again...