Poll: Is tarot Magic?

Is Tarot Magic?

• Yes, Tarot is Magic!

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • I believe in Magic, but I think Tarot is not Magic.

Votes: 49 54.4%
  • Tarot is not Magic. I don't believe in Magic.

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • The word Magic has no meaning to me.

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

DoctorArcanus

Do you believe in magic?
What is your definition of magic?

These questions came up in another thread, and I think they could be of common interest.

Vadella

Do you believe in magic? Yes
What is your definition of magic?

Magic to me is where you have control over an uncontrollable situation.

But to me, that can be a dark thing.

IMO, I don't think Tarot is Magic. You cannot control what cards will be dealt.Even though as a fun thing I thought about, for example, the six of swords over and over while shuffeling and it came out. But, that was just for fun.

HudsonGray

Magic is a conscious manipulation of energies, usually sent out to do something.

With tarot you're receptive, but not formulating the energies yourself to make anything happen. You're more like an observer, where with magic you're taking an active part to do something.

poivre

Tarot to me is an art.
Magic is unique energy.

I believe in Magic, but think Tarot is not Magic.

Sulis

Magic is the art of causing change through the use of your own will, using the natrural energies of the earth and the Universe.

I believe in magic, I've used it many times with great success.

I don't believe that Tarot is magic - I believe that tarot is a set of 78 cards with pictures on them. I think that Tarot can be used as a magical tool but the magic itself comes from the person using the tool, the Earth and the Universe.

Love

Sulis xx

ArcanoMáximo

abracadabra!!!!

I don't believe in Magic, for me is like to say that I believe in the Science, or that I believe in the Sun. I just know that exists. And I know that the Tarot is so much magician like me and the entire Universe. Only to think about all the necessary magic to create those simple cardboards painted! For me magic is everything that cannot be verified through the cartesian scientific method, but some day will be and will call it Science, as happened always. If two centuries behind we had said that we had an apparatus, the cellular, with the one that we communicated with the entire world at the instant, they had burned us for sorcerers. There are magic laws opering around all the time, but by the routine we don't realize it. For me the mistake is believe that only one self possesses the power, and focus in the Hocus Phocus all the time, but the objectivity in reality does not exist. Tthe unique real thing is the Subjetivity. Just an opinion!

firemaiden

Tarot is the closest thing to magic I know.

Grizabella

There wasn't a category I would have chosen. I would have chosen "I'm not sure there's such a thing as magic, but Tarot is not magic."

jumptothemoonyea

Magic reincarnated

Sophie

Yes, tarot is magic, if by magic is meant something that produces the results we seek unexplainably except by recourse to supernatural explanations. By the narrower definition given by some other posters, it is not magic, but my idea of magic is wider (that is, it includes, but is not limited to, manipulation of energy and/or spirits).