PDA

View Full Version : Got a Photo- what next?

Rosanne
17-07-2005, 11:13
I do not have a scanner. I have been e-mailed an attachment of a photo of myself that I would like to post in the Forumites Gallery. I have saved the photo in 'My Pictures' I have not the foggiest idea what to do next to get it into the thread. Can someone with a brain please help me out with a step by step way of posting this photo as an attachment to the thread? I would send you mental flowers daily for your effort. ~Rosanne

Grigori
17-07-2005, 12:14
Hi there Rosanne! :) I hope you are smiling in this photo. AT'ers seem to have an aversion to smiling in photos :D

Go to the forumites thread, and pick the "new post" button as you would usually. Then below the box where you enter what you have to say is a button that says "Manage Attachments"

If you click it with your mouse, and new window pops up. Press the "Browse" button and work your way into your "My Pictures" folder. Select the photo and press the "Open" button.

Then you will be taken back to the "Manage Attachments" window. Press the "Upload" button to send the photo to AT from your computer. Then press the "Close this Window" button to go back to the text part of your post.

When your done, press the "Submit Reply" button as usual and then we can see you :)

Good luck, it is easy once you figure out how.

Moongold
17-07-2005, 12:29
Rosanne ~

Do you have an imaging programme so you can check the size of the image? The size of attachments allowed here is resticted but is something like width 400 pixels; length 600 pixels. It may even be more than that but that is large enough to give a very good reproduction.

Firstly, open a new thread (In Forum Image Gallery) and say whatever you want to about your image. Don't submit this just yet, however.

Second, you go to "Additional options" - Manage Attachments and click on that. Additional options is just below the window you write your message in. Scroll down and you can't miss it. :)

That will give you an option to "Browse" so you browse to where you have saved your image in "My Pictures".

Then you open your image by clicking the appropriate spot in "My Pictures"

Then you click "Upload" and your image will do just that. Unless it is too big in which case you will need to resize it. That is what I was trying to assess at the beginning. The image will need to be in a certain format as well Jpeg is the most common, and I think your image is probably already in that format. Acceptable formats are listed in the Manage Attachments dialogue box. Jpeg is the most common.

The image may take a little while to upload, depending on its size and the speed of your connection

You will easily be able to see that the image has uploaded successfully. It will tell you. If it hasn't uploaded. it will you why and if that happens we can deal with that another way.

Once you have uploaded click "Close Window".

Then, if you're happy, submit the thread.

Then enjoy your work and have a stiff drink :laugh:

If you don't succeed at first, it is easy to repair.

Moongold
17-07-2005, 12:30
Similia and I were posting at the same time :).

Grigori
17-07-2005, 13:05
(((Rosanne))) :D I wish that I had been able to help you more, but now I must leave for work, and will miss out on seeing your smiling face :( I will pray that with Moongold's help, I will be able to see you on my return this evening.