PDA

View Full Version : Which stones for when you really feel horrible?

Myrrha
22-07-2005, 08:34
It is much more rare these days but I still have days when I feel so irritated and vile. The negative energy seems to radiate from my body in waves. Blech! Are there any crystals that would help? I know Rose Quartz is soothing but it seems too gentle for the intensity of these bad feelings, unless I could just bury myself in a big pile of tumbled rose quartz stones with only my head above the surface.

thanks
--Myrrha

bladeraven
22-07-2005, 08:35
I would suggest Hematite but if you're too sensitive to that then..I guess Onyx?

Nina*
22-07-2005, 08:47
I would suggest a kunzite... a lovely healing crystal - universal love....

xxx
Nina

lunakasha
22-07-2005, 09:20
Well....I think the idea of being buried in rose quartz sounds perfectly lovely. ;)

But another option, along the lines of using onyx to remove negative energy: black tourmaline and/or apache tears (obsidian) might help you beat the blues.

:) Luna

Bluemanticore
23-07-2005, 01:09
No matter what stone you pick, I would suggest it be a smooth, polished one. The reason I say this is just holding it in your hand and feeling the cold, smoothness of it in your palm will probably help you out. Best of luck.

wizzle
23-07-2005, 01:24
I second blue's advice. Holding and rubbing your stones is very very soothing. Either a cabachon, sphere, egg or beads work very well.

prudence
23-07-2005, 02:42
Rainbow obsidian is such a great stone, I highly recommend it...it is a fantastic mood elevator. (and works wonders on negative enrgy as well)

feticeira
23-07-2005, 16:04
Onyx and red quartz I recommend from personal experience.

Ilithiya
23-07-2005, 16:27
I use gemmy aqua apatite and rainbow moonstone myself.

Illy

genna
23-07-2005, 23:48
I use onyx.

Myrrha
24-07-2005, 02:46
Thank you so much for all of these ideas. Some of these, like rainbow obsidian I'd never heard of. I'm going to look for smooth pieces of several of these and make a kind of "emergency kit" to keep in my bag.

--Myrrha

prudence
24-07-2005, 03:16
I had never heard of rainbow obsidian until recently also, after purchasing some beads. I had a look online about it's properties etc, and saw some shots of how it looks raw and unpolished...Then, to my delight, I realized myhhusband had brought a bunch of huge chunks of obsidian home a year before, from a fire he had been at in a state forest. (they actually used obsidian as "gravel" for a remote dirt road!! I know, makes as much sense as using broken glass...) Anyhooo, there had been a few odd pieces of obsidian in the bunch, and lo and behold, they were raw chunks of rainbow obsidain, and I didn't even know it!

Emeraldgirl
25-07-2005, 10:34
Fluorite is a really calming stone for me but it is my stone. Fluorite is my "good for whatever ails you" stone. Another happy calming stone I have found is blue lace agate.

Chronata
26-07-2005, 02:14
Green stones tend to make me happy, and lift me out of depression...so malachite, green flourite, tourmaline...might all work for you!

My very favorite is emerald obsidianite...lab created from volcanic rock/ash...it always makes me feel better, and tends to even out moods like anger as well!

ednadorothy
26-07-2005, 21:00
I wouldsuggestrosequartz andhematite. Somepeople do seemto haveissueswithhematite. Rosequartztho is reallywonderful.Ifyouareinthe pilejustput oneontopofyourheadaswell. GraceandPeace...Edna

O_O
30-07-2005, 12:06
I use Carnelian.

OO

Remaniox
15-08-2005, 14:58
I use topaz and diamonds. They work well on me

Emeraldgirl
15-08-2005, 16:01
Another one for when you're really down and in need of some love and nurturing is any pink stone like rose quarz, kunzite, rhodonite. To calm light blue stones are good such as blue lace agate and blue calcite.

September Pixie
15-08-2005, 16:08
I'd recommend making a small pouch out of the following and carrying it with you..

Amethyst for relaxation
Aquamarine for emotions
Hematite for negativity
Rose Quartz for love and healing
Clear Quartz for clarity

I carry them with me when I am having a rough time.. just looking at the lovely colors promotes an emotional change for me. Sodalite is supposed to be good also.. for me.. it provokes a dark mood so I stear clear in these moments, but its just not a stone that works well for me, you may be different :) I would advise going somewhere that you can hold the crystals before you buy them.. thats really what works best.. you'll know right away cause when you hold it you will feel relaxed and destressed.. Aquamarine is a beautiful stone for this.. :)

Tarotphelia
15-08-2005, 16:34
Feeling depressed, vile, and horrible? You might try something I stumbled onto accidentally . A really, really BIG bunch of stones. Try meditating on Stonehenge for a while.

September Pixie
15-08-2005, 17:33
oooooooooooh, I've never thought of that! Whats it do for you, Dark Inquisitor?

Tarotphelia
15-08-2005, 23:28
It happened by accident, so I really didn't have a formula I was following. I was feeling as Myrrha described and just set about looking at various Stonehenge photos on the internet , kind of got tranced out and poof it was gone ! That is very odd, because once I get in a mood like that it really doesn't normally respond to anything and takes days to get rid of.

Heckta
18-08-2005, 08:55
I am a big fan of rocks, stones and gems; I utilies them in different ways. I wear Amethyst and a lavander Quatz Crystal almost regularly, I find them very healing if I am under the weather (power n' the gems once again when I was recently sick). I recharge them on my alter from time to time, to remove negative vibes after wearing them for some time or after I am sick. I carry in my purse Hematite and Tiger's eye. Great combination, for emotional balance; Hematite grounds and Tiger eye gathers scattered energy. On my alter I have a large Amethyst, I 've had it for 29 years ( yes, I am showing my age) but, I notice gems or stones grow with the owner over time.

But a rock or stone collected from the sea or mountains can be powerful. I also have an Indian arrowhead that I find to have special properties. Personally, I find the arrowhead great for getting in touch w/ the past or channeling during meditation.

Ffortiwn
18-08-2005, 09:10
You may be interested in something a friend of mine created:

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/34944 (descriptive page)
http://www.archive.org/download/The_InterStellar_Orgone_Generating_CosmicResonatin g_Time_Machine/ISOGCRITM.jpg (full-size image)

Behold the The Inter-Stellar, Orgone Generating, Cosmic-Resonating Time Machine!

This was created for The Day Out of Time, using sacred geometry and alchemy. At center is a pure calcite crystal, circled by tiny stones, surrounded by 3 calcite circles, representing Universal Peace. Inside those circles are a calcite Fibonnaci spiral, a Mayan Yellow Star, and a perfect pentagon. They are surrounded by a perfect circle, inside a perfect Triangle.
The name may sound strange, but this project was done in all sincerity and respect.

amatista
19-08-2005, 04:10
Amethist is always a very gentil stone. take care of you even if you donŽt take of her. I suggest yuo to lay down and put on oyur third eye a small or medium amethist the deeper its color the better. If fall asleep is best when you wake up youŽll feel very good.

Heckta
20-08-2005, 05:51
You may be interested in something a friend of mine created:

http://www.ourmedia.org/node/34944 (descriptive page)
http://www.archive.org/download/The_InterStellar_Orgone_Generating_CosmicResonatin g_Time_Machine/ISOGCRITM.jpg (full-size image)

Behold the The Inter-Stellar, Orgone Generating, Cosmic-Resonating Time Machine!

The name may sound strange, but this project was done in all sincerity and respect.

I could not see the first site; the descriptive page. But in regards to the second site ;that is real awesome. I've seen similar place stones in the past but, not in this way. Does your friend still have it displayed and intact?