stones and oils for depression and lack of energy?

devan_faery

i'm currently suffering from depression, i feel really 'heavy' and at times finding it near on impossible to function on a day to day level. are there any stones that help with depression? i instinctively reached for my tigers eye, but it doesn't always make a difference.
i can't really afford to go out an buy any stones so i will list the ones i have, and hopefully there is something in my collection i can use...
clear quartz
rose quartz
amethyst
moonstone
tigers eye
blue topaz
sodalite
moss agate
a slice of greeny blue agate
heamatite
obsidion
yellow calcite
blue calcite
amazonite
ametrine
dalmation jasper
a stripey brown and cream jasper that i don't know the name of
fuchsite
chalcopyrite
lapis lazuli
blue lace agate
malachite

along with the depression i feel constantly tired, and would happily lie in bed all day, however i feel restless at night and find it difficult to sleep.
what stones are good for energy and also to promote a restful sleep?

also can anyone suggest some essential oils i could use to help with the depression and fatigue?

thank you

Ilithiya

Your stripey jasper may be picture jasper... google it and see if it's similar.

I'd try a combo of the clear quartz, the blue topaz, and the obsidian. Try to visualize the clear quartz taking in good energy for you, the blue topaz transmuting the depression and restlessness, and the obsidian dissipating what's left.

Illy

Chronata

I agree 100% with Ilithiya on this! :)

In fact I was just gonna write the same thing...quartz, blue topaz and obsidian...(and I would have added green tourmaline and smokey quartz to the list if you had any!)
The clear tranparent stones seem to work best for this sort of thing.

And the quartz, obsidian, moonstoneb and rose quartz are all good to promote sleep.

As far as essential oils...I would try Clary Sage first. Great for for dispelling negativity, and hopelessness, and for uplifting the spitit. Also try a pine oil (sparingly!) or piney type...like Juniper...and I have had good luck with Lavender (great for sleepy time!)and Spearmint (again...sparingly!)

TheOld

Reasons

and on my humble view point the more important is to find why you are suffering this depression, use tarot or whatever to find what cause this so once reconize you'll be able to go ahead easily and start a new cycle.
Accept the winter so you'll be able to see the spring and the summer ;-)

Light, Love & Power

Genna

Sorry,don´t mean to be rude,but have you seen a physician for the depression?It can turn very dangerous without proper treatment,and although I think stone vibrations can help,maybe medicine is needed too.It´s so easy to wait until you haven´t the force too seek help anymore.

After all,lithium is a mineral too,and one that has saved more lives than any other.I´m not saying you need that medicine,but maybe you need another?
I have some experience with both bipolar diseases,and recurring depressions myself,so I hope you forgive me.

I always feel afraid when people take depression lightly,not saying that YOU do it,but many who haven´t had it themselves do,maybe especially when those who are having the depression are young,although it´s usually more serious the younger you are when they start(because of likely inheritence; more serios kind of illness).

I could have PM´d you about this,but I hope you understand I´m not speaking only of you.You might be fine without any extra help but maybe someone to talk to(although what you say worries me).Only please check it up.

Ilithiya

Genna: I take mine pretty lightly (nobody else's though)... it's part of my coping with it. :)

Devan: Yes, see a doc if you can. It may be depression, it may be a mood swing or hormonal changes. If it continues and you want to try different stones, what works for me is rainbow moonstone, apatite, and snowflake obsidian. (Hell, it works for just about everything for me :D)

As for oils, which I had forgotten... Chronata's suggestion of clary sage is excellent... just use it sparingly and don't "whuff" it. It's one of the few that can have negative physical effects if overdone. Lavender is good, and so is lemon for a fast pick-up, and orange for a slower and stronger one.

Illy

devan_faery

thanks for all your help everyone.

i don't think you are being rude Genna, it is good to have an opinion like yours :)
i am taking medication for my depression, in the form of st johns wort. i much prefer natural treatments and would rather try this first before seeing a doctor if it become necessary.

i need to cleanse my crystals so once i've done that i'll give the reccommended ones a try.

thank you

tabbycat

With the symptoms you've given, it might be worthwhile going to your doctor and being tested for an underactive thyroid gland. Other signs would be recent weight gain, dry skin and hair loss. I know from experience that in the UK GPs seem reluctant to test for this condition, which is a shame as it's easily treatable and best caught early. Your doctor would probably also check you out for anaemia which is another cause of tiredness.

Jilly

Maryann

hello :)

similar to what tabbycat said, i have similar problems as do alot of us, and i keep getting tested for under active thyroid, someone said to me they think i was wheat intolerant, i read up on it and its said that it can cause you to have the same symptoms as an under active thyroid, i took it out of my diet and i feel better not completely but enough to really appreciate the difference. not wanting to go to bed all the time, being able to get my daughter to school on time more often, less tense with stress, no stress headaches etc i took a few more things out of my diet aswell it wasnt just wheat. i took my daughter and friend to see her to (a kinesiologist) and with a few diet changes and extra vitamins and minerals, there has been extremely huge differences with them to. and the good thing also is, after a while sometimes you can start to reintroduce the foods, and you body sometimes will start to accept it better.

thanks
maryann