All aboard with the Diversity Groove...

Ilithiya

It just occurred to me that with as many differing opinions, viewpoints, and "truth packets" that there are here, each belonging to people with different personalities and experiences...

...why isn't this board a freakin' flame war?

I'm not trying to incite one, mind you... I'm just wondering what causes everyone here to get along so wonderfully, where on other boards with supposedly similar maturity levels every other post is either a flame war or the beginnings of one.

At any rate, I for one deeply appreciate everyone's graciousness!

Illy

Mesara

3 words: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators :D

Emeraldgirl

Mesara said:
3 words: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators :D

Agreed :D

I also think that this site can be a lot more mature than others (Ok you people over in Chat stop snickering) as in people seem to be a lot more mature in conflict resloution. The mods have got us all well trained :D

Imagemaker

3 words: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Backed and guided by Solandia (the site owner).

Fairawen

Well, the people in Chat are definetly snickering... me snickering loudest, as I'm the one I'm snickering at... *lol* you're saying I'M mature? Phsft. Ha.

Moderators, you've done well in your monitoring duties. The boards would be worse off without you. However, I can say that it isn't entirely because of them... or their threatening ways... *cowers in fear of the Mods* :D

I think, truly, it's because of tarot. That one thing that binds us all together. I think you really get something that connects you all together when you find out more of yourself and others, and that's exaclty what tarot does.

And, Solandia, I'd say you have a give role in the niceness of AT. :D *cough* Ok, can I stop buttering up now? Ah good... :p ROFL

~Fairawen~

bladeraven

Fairawen said:
Well, the people in Chat are definetly snickering... me snickering loudest, as I'm the one I'm snickering at... *lol* you're saying I'M mature? Phsft. Ha.

Moderators, you've done well in your monitoring duties. The boards would be worse off without you. However, I can say that it isn't entirely because of them... or their threatening ways... *cowers in fear of the Mods* :D

I think, truly, it's because of tarot. That one thing that binds us all together. I think you really get something that connects you all together when you find out more of yourself and others, and that's exaclty what tarot does.

And, Solandia, I'd say you have a give role in the niceness of AT. :D *cough* Ok, can I stop buttering up now? Ah good... :p ROFL

~Fairawen~

Wow...look at all that sugar just covering the floor...ehhehehe...maturity...common bond and the fact that all of us nutcases are kept isolated in Chat....

Grigori

Yeah our moderators have big muscles and don't take no rubbish! :D And they all share a passion for tarot educating, which is what AT is all about really.

And I think the chat forum and room also helps build a community spirit here, so even when someone says something that irks you, they are usually someone you have a friendly relationship with already, so you can forgive them for not being as perfect as you are ;)

Also I guess tarot readers being a bit of an outcast minority group in many areas, are so grateful to find a community they can talk tarot in, that they are on their best behaviour. There is something about AT that brings out the best in people mostly. I see folks buying subscriptions, or sending decks or bags or books etc.. to strangers out of the goodness of their heart. We once theorized about that in the chat room, and what is was about the AT environment that brings out the better parts of our personalities. (I think it is the purple walls :D )

Oh my final idea is that if you entertain various approaches to tarot, you will need to get more decks to accomodate the different approaches! And we all knbow how much we like an excuse to buy a new deck })

Imagemaker

Ah, yes, it's so congenial because we're all suppliers for each other's addiction.

bladeraven

Emeraldgirl said:
Agreed :D

I also think that this site can be a lot more mature than others (Ok you people over in Chat stop snickering) as in people seem to be a lot more mature in conflict resloution. The mods have got us all well trained :D

The cattle prods that they carry are a nice help to...LOL...just kidding...I love you Mods....need any batteries? Hehehhe..okay...I'm a goofy little froggie...it's 9:40 pm...I've had starbucks and office coffee all day and I'm a hyper little chipmunk.....and now I've got to go to bed.....and know what it's like to be Grasshopper for a change.

cSpaceDiva

I want to get on board the Diversity Groove!

I agree with Fairawen. Solandia and the Mods keep this place running smoothly, I don't think they get all the credit for the tone on these boards. :) I have been on other boards that are, in my opinion, over-moderated, and it still doesn't keep people from mocking newbies or anyone else who dares to bring up a topic that's ever been discussed before.

More than anything, I think it is the subject matter and the type of people drawn to it. Most of us came to tarot seeking....truth? insight? [fill in the blank]. Hardly anyone comes here thinking they already know it all. It's the willingness to learn that so many AT members have, that makes them carefully consider another viewpoint before deciding to agree or (respectfully) disagree.