Tibetan Gemstone Oracle

BodhiSeed

I've been wanting to get a deck that used gemstones/crystals, but I can't seem to make up my mind. I'm attracted to "Jewels of the Lotus: the Tibetan Gemstone Oracle." Does anyone have and use this deck? How does it compare to other crystal/gemstone decks?
Many Blessings,
Bodhran

Rev_Vesta

just got this deck this morning have done several readings for others and have found them incredibly beautiful and accurate in their messages...

definetly one deck i can recommend...

Vesta

MCsea

My goodness - this is well timed!
I think this might just be my NEW ORACLE!

it looks awesome :)

but I see I may need to look around for it - $80 on Amazon....
hmmm

blessings

MARINA

Rev_Vesta

really i paid $14 NZ i think i very spoilt with that bargin.......

.71c US= $1 NZ approx......

just to give you an approx ..........

brand new still shrink wrapped ....

Dusk Till Dawn

I have the German ed. the cards are stunning, but they are huge. Haven't used it yet.

cardlady22

Jewels of the Lotus

The backgrounds stay the same for the card groupings. Only the inset gemstone changes. (and the geometric solid for the skandhas)
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tibetan-gemstone-oracle/

The quibble most reviewers seem to have is that it is not based on Tibetan knowledge. It's supposedly the Vedic chakra info; teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh (Zen Buddhist) ~ of course, as an American with no Eastern background, I have no idea what the differences are.

The book is spiral-bound and wider than it is tall, (roughly 9 inches by 5.5 inches) which makes it a bit difficult to use without bends to the covers. The cards measure about 9cm by 16cm (3 1/2 x 6 3/8 inches)
The heart/4th chakra has 2 cards assigned under each element.

Earth Lotus ~ Physical Body
black tourmaline, amber, jade, rose quartz, aventurine, turquoise, sodalite, Earth Keeper quartz

Water Lotus ~ Emotional Body
obsidian, moonstone, peridot, rhodochrosite, malachite, aquamarine, azurite, iolite

Fire Lotus ~ Spiritual Body
garnet, fire agate, Golden Imperial topaz, ruby, emerald, blue sapphire, amethyst, diamond

Air Lotus ~ Mental Body
smoky quartz, carnelian, citrine, kunzite, dioptase, celestite, lapis lazuli, selenite

Etheric Lotus ~ Pranic Body
Boji stone (aka shaman stone, moqui marble), rutilated quartz, apatite, rubellite (tourmaline), green tourmaline, blue topaz, sugilite, Herkimer diamond (quartz)

Skandhas- lingam, chrysocolla/gem silica, star quartz, moldavite, boulder opal
each has an associated Platonic solid shape instead of the colored lotus underneath

~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Does anyone in the Chicago area know what happened to Dawn Silver's store Healing Earth Resources?

Apparently, Bluestar Communications website is just returning errors when you click on the webpages. (Woodside CA, according to the book)

ETA: an older thread said someone paid $35 for it; I think that's close to what I paid too (way back when)

English edition 1885394330

Deutsche edition 3894271132

MCsea

cardlady22 said:
The backgrounds stay the same for the card groupings. Only the inset gemstone changes. (and the geometric solid for the skanghas)
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tibetan-gemstone-oracle/

The quibble most reviewers seem to have is that it is not based on Tibetan knowledge. It's supposedly the Vedic chakra info; teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh (Zen Buddhist) ~ of course, as an American with no Eastern background, I have no idea what the differences are.

The book is spiral-bound and wider than it is tall, (roughly 9 inches by 5.5 inches) which makes it a bit difficult to use without bends to the covers. The cards measure about 9cm by 16cm (3 1/2 x 6 3/8 inches)
The heart/4th chakra has 2 cards assigned under each element.

Earth Lotus ~ Physical Body
black tourmaline, amber, jade, rose quartz, aventurine, turquoise, sodalite, Earth Keeper quartz

Water Lotus ~ Emotional Body
obsidian, moonstone, peridot, rhodochrosite, malachite, aquamarine, azurite, iolite

Fire Lotus ~ Spiritual Body
garnet, fire agate, Golden Imperial topaz, ruby, emerald, blue sapphire, amethyst, diamond

Air Lotus ~ Mental Body
smoky quartz, carnelian, citrine, kunzite, dioptase, celestite, lapis lazuli, selenite

Etheric Lotus ~ Pranic Body
Boji stone (aka shaman stone, moqui marble), rutilated quartz, apatite, rubellite (tourmaline), green tourmaline, blue topaz, sugilite, Herkimer diamond (quartz)

Skandhas- lingam, chrysocolla/gem silica, star quartz, moldavite, boulder opal
each has an associated Platonic solid shape instead of the colored lotus underneath

~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Does anyone in the Chicago area know what happened to Dawn Silver's store Healing Earth Resources?

Apparently, Bluestar Communications website is just returning errors when you click on the webpages. (Woodside CA, according to the book)

ETA: an older thread said someone paid $35 for it; I think that's close to what I paid too (way back when)

English edition 1885394330

Deutsche edition 3894271132

Awesome thank you for this..
I will hunt around for the book at least - and hopefully the cards..
I really resonate with this blend of information

blessings

MARINA