PDA

View Full Version : 2012

RainbowFire
30-07-2005, 10:37
Hi! I don't know if anyone remembers me ^_^ I haven't posted here for at least a year!

But anyway... there's probably already a thread about this, but I'm sure most of you are familiar with the year 2012 by now... when the Mayan calendar ends. Some believe it will bring about a great change in consciousness, others believe that civilization will be totally destroyed!

What do you believe/know? ... I'm a bit scared to be honest!

Lillie
30-07-2005, 10:47
Winter solstice 2012.

The Mayan calender ends, humanity is destroyed and we all die.
The world is wiped clean, it begins anew, and I hope it does better next time around.

Alternativly nothing happens, it's a damp squib, like the millenium bug.

Don't worry.
What will be will be.

And as a great man once said, Death is the next great adventure.

rcb30872
30-07-2005, 11:22
All I have to say is, well it can't be much worse than the way things are now. It would be good I would imagine, chance to start on a clean slate.

Edited to add: I would imagine that it would be in relation to great change in consciousness. At the same time, something tragic happening, that will wipe out most of civilisation, but not total destruction

Bec

Lillie
30-07-2005, 11:29
Yeah. I know what you mean.

Sometimes I look at the world and think that something, somewhere has gone horribly wrong.
And it's the people that have done it.
Everyone, even the nice people.

The bad people do terrible things, but even the good people...
I hope I'm a good person, but I use fuel and electricity, I spray aerosols, I poison the earth for my comfort and convienience.

And sometime I go to the woods, and it's nice there, all clean and trees and stuff.

And I think that it would be better without the people.

It would all come back, the trees would grow through the tarmac on the roads, and the plants would tear the buildings down...

You know?

Not that I really want people to die, but sometimes I think it would be better, all round, if we had never evolved.

rcb30872
30-07-2005, 12:00
Hi Lillie

I have to agree with you there, I hate to think of all those people dying as well. But I can't see that it could possibly mean anything else. It would be horrible to begin with, with all the heartache and perhaps guilt for those that would be left behind, so to speak. But once things will start to be rebuilt and established, hoping things that it would be different and better.

On another view point, perhaps it would mean destruction of the Earth, but a move would have been made to another planet so civilisation would be on another planet.

Bec

rainwolf
30-07-2005, 12:09
Well if the world ends....I wasted my time studying so much, but get a new experience.

If it doesnt....I keep learning tarot.

lunalafey
30-07-2005, 16:08
12+21+2012=2045
2+0+4+5=11

11 being a master number, hmmm

The Dreamer
30-07-2005, 17:10
I don't know enough about the Mayan calendar to comment specifically, but I do know that the end of civilization has been predicted again and again. And, of course, it never happened.

...it can't be much worse than the way things are now. It would be good I imagine, chance to start on a clean slate. Wow. I think things could be far worse than they are now, though obviously they are not as good as they could be. And there is no clean slate- not for humanity as it is. If it's a question of wiping out humans and starting evolution all over, humans as we know them might never come up again. It could happen differently, or not at all- or, if it happened the same, the same problems would probably arise again. And if it's a question of wiping out "civilization"- there's no clean slate there either. The people who would remain would still have their tendencies and history, and the earth would still have its problems, though it is resilient.

On another view point, perhaps it would mean destruction of the earth, but a move would have been made to another planet so civilization would be on another planet.I find that idea really absurd every time I hear it, and particularly in this case. We're suddenly going to aquire the knowledge and technology to colonize other planets within seven years? Our space travel technology at this point is very limited. We've been lucky to get a little roving machine to take pictures on Mars. But aside from the technological problems, the big problem with that is that humans are adapted for the Earth. The few people who have spent long periods of time in spacecraft have suffered severe health problems due to the lack of gravity- mostly bone and muscle loss. The prospect of how long it would take to get to a theoretical inhabitable planet (of which none are known) pretty much rules out that idea, given our current technology and knowledge. And, if we were to try to colonize, say, the moon or mars- we have no practical way to do that either. The Biosphere II project (the attempt to sustain a small group of people in a self contained and self sustaining enclosure in the desert) was a failure (due to sustainability and interpersonal problems), and no such research has continued. If we can't even keep people alive in such a way on our own planet, it is clear that we can't do it anywhere else. Also, if we were to perfect the ability to live sustainably through that kind of research, it would make sense to apply those principles to living on the earth. The whole reason we have so many problems in the first place is due to our ignorance of how to live sustainably, and our inability to solve interpersonal problems.

I really don't understand all of the fascination with doom and gloom endtime predictions. So many novels have been written about it, so many religious groups indulge in it, and so much of popular culture is enthralled with it.

If we really care about this stuff, it would help to get off of our a***s and do something about the bad stuff that goes on, rather than wishing it would all just be wiped away.

Aside from the practical stuff, I know that numerology does mirror life, so I don't know about the 11. I started getting 11:11 as a synchronicity years ago, then it switched to 22. I don't know what to make of it. I've read various theories about it, and many of them seem to be all tangled up with alien-ascension-revolutionary new conciousness stuff which just looks like more mythology and religion to me.
Maybe the numbers are just pure energies that we can work with.

Rosanne
30-07-2005, 17:52
Sorry Lunafey I heard the date was the 25th of 12th 2012 = 15 The Devil =6 The Lovers.. It apparently could also be 21 September 2012 = 8 The Chariot.
There is lots of arguments/debates about the date and Lord Pacel(Palenque). Because the days and months are so different to our calender, maybe the truth will never be worked out. On the 21st September 2012 Sirius comes into the Milky way- and thats the Dog star, biting at the Fools Bottom.
In one sense it is scary- that we could be annihilated- but according to Mayan lore it has happened several times before... and voila here we are again. It seems that Gaia is very forgiving to our stupidity. Truth be told I will be holding my breath a lot in 2012. ~Rosanne

Lillie
31-07-2005, 02:52
Well if the world ends....I wasted my time studying so much, but get a new experience.

If it doesnt....I keep learning tarot.

:D :D :D

PS. I have always been of the understanding that the date was 21st December 2012.
The winter solstice of that year.

I think I have heard that some consider it to be the day after, but I have never heard September mentioned.

Is there an Official date for this, the ending of the mayan claender?
I just got my date out of books, so I have no idea of how authoritative it is.

paradoxx
31-07-2005, 10:39
The use of the mayan calander is quite accurate, it shows spikes and drops at times of social changes, but why should we be bound to just one interpretation?

i have heard 2007, 2012 and 2028 (that last one is interesting).

While I am sure that to most people the idea of total destruction is repugnant, there are those peope out there who are trying to bring forth this destruction simply because they feel it must be done.

Interesting theories include, a shift not only in conciousness, but in body and form, from physical existance to spiritual energy as a result of the end of the existence of time (if time can cease to exist that is). Or perhaps it is what people might think it could be, mass control of the population via technology and money with those who choose not to be a part of the process discarded. It could be a series of smaller destructive events (nukes, poisions, mass death via diseases) that shakes the word into realising that we can't keep letting power-hungry corporations rule us all into slavery.

Or perhaps, the mayan calander as it is written on the wall, a flat surface, should have been written on a pillar, where infinity and eternity meet and part.

rcb30872
31-07-2005, 19:12
I really don't understand all of the fascination with doom and gloom endtime predictions. So many novels have been written about it, so many religious groups indulge in it, and so much of popular culture is enthralled with it.

If we really care about this stuff, it would help to get off of our a***s and do something about the bad stuff that goes on, rather than wishing it would all just be wiped away.
I found what you said quite interesting. I have only wrote about the various things that I have heard, not that I actually believe in it, especially about all this stuff about colonising another planet. Sure 7 years doesn't seem such a long time in the scheme of things, even though it does seem quite impossible to gain such insight and technology about space travel in the next 7 years, but I'm not saying it is entirely impossible. For all we know, they may be working on that now, and since it has not been publicised, who are we to say whether it can be done or not in 7 years??????????????

Considering that we are under threat by so many things, no wonder people think, are fascinated and believe in doomsday. Afterall, there is the possibility of an asteroid hitting us. There is earthquakes and volcanoes that seem to be coming more prevalent in the recent past. What about all this business with the middle east and the terroist attacks, and that there are biochemical weapons? There are plenty of other things that I can say about this, but as far as I am concerned that we are aware of them and it is a waste of time.

It is hard to do anything about it when there are people are out there who refuses to change their ways. There is such thing as greed, which certain people (not naming any) will do just about anything, and even to everyone else's detriment. What can you possibly do to prevent the earthquakes and volcanoes due to the movement of the tectonic plates? not a lot I would have thought, along with the asteroids and whatever else?

Bec

snowy25
01-08-2005, 00:07
Did anyone consider in the past there have been more dates the earth should have been destroied, ended etc.?
I've read so much about it I'm not scared of the end of the world to come any more.
I believe the dates will pass and there may be something of great impact in human sociaty but that it doesn't have to be a majur desastor.
After the dates have past we will come up with other scary dates in my opinion.

Just my own thoughts on this...

Snowy

rcb30872
01-08-2005, 01:01
Yeah Snowy25

I remember the interpretations from the Nostradames quatraines said that the end of the world was supposed to be 1999!!

We are still here!

But still, look at what happened to the dinosaurs, the very same thing could happen to us. Although I am not sure how the dinosaurs became extinct! Some say meteors, some say some sort of virus, I still don't know!!!!

Bec

Kaylee Marie
02-08-2005, 12:53
I think of 2012 as our point-of-no-return date. We either drastically change how we use (abuse) this planet -- or we perish.

The fact is that Gaia cannot support humanity's exponentially growing girth, and something needs to give. Whether that happens in 2007, 2012, 2028, tomorrow, or 100 years from now, the sh*t will eventually hit the fan.

rcb30872
02-08-2005, 18:17
I think of 2012 as our point-of-no-return date. We either drastically change how we use (abuse) this planet -- or we perish.

The fact is that Gaia cannot support humanity's exponentially growing girth, and something needs to give. Whether that happens in 2007, 2012, 2028, tomorrow, or 100 years from now, the sh*t will eventually hit the fan.
Exactly, and the damage is done, there is little we can do about it now!!

Bec

rainwolf
02-08-2005, 18:23
21 september 2012 will actually= strength,8.

I think the world will just end on some random day, and not a predicted one. We will all be smited by that one LOL :D

joya250
03-08-2005, 06:23
Winter solstice 2012.

And as a great man once said, Death is the next great adventure.

heh heh, actually Lillie, I believe that was Peter Pan. Don't know how he'd feel about being called a "great man" ;)

... Sorry to interject on your thread RainbowFire... I actually have some thoughts surrounding 2012 and its potentials... but would need to organize it before writing it here.

Terrerance McKenna's (sp?) book entitled (I believe) "The Mind, the I-Ching, and Hallucinagenics" (again, mis-spelled) has some pretty solid information on this, though a little difficult to understand as he gets into calculations, graphs, etc.

paradoxx
03-08-2005, 09:38
We can always suffer a solar wave, which could detonate underground lava channels, and then it all goes Boom!!!

Or it could be the day that falsetto ideaologies are debunked and deconstructed.

Lillie
03-08-2005, 10:14
heh heh, actually Lillie, I believe that was Peter Pan. Don't know how he'd feel about being called a "great man" ;)

Really? Peter Pan too?
I was quoting Albus Dumbledore.

joya250
04-08-2005, 04:05
Really? Peter Pan too?
I was quoting Albus Dumbledore.

LOL

Well then! Dumbledore is a great man, so you would be correct. :D

Actually, to be specific, I think Peter Pan could be quoted with saying "to die would be an awfully big adventure"... same idea, slightly different words.

:) joya

btw, Lillie, really enjoyed all your conjecturing in the HP posts. I'll be beginning the new book soon... I'm saving it for my flight to ... Hawaii! :)

okay, sorry to hi-jack the thread... back to 2012...

Deszroo
06-08-2005, 14:16
Hello...I was just reading today that yr. 2012 is also the year of the dragon according to chinese astrology...found these two links for starters..make what you will of it.http://survive2012.com/dragon_myths_1.php
http://survive2012.com/

Personally I "love" dragons...of course, never met one face to face exactly..in this life time at least ;). I heard that the dragon in chinese astrology represents the equavilent to the sign Leo. The double number comes up again....2012 is also 11 yrs from the yr. 2001...lots of twos. That will be a number 5 year for whatever that means to various systems...of course depending on a lot of factors...everything has its advantages/disavantages relatively. 2012 will find us with a larger planet in one of the earlier signs so to speak...Aries...most often these heavy hitters have been in the latter signs. Pluto will be in Capricorn. Saturn will be in another double sign...Libra..while Jupiter will be in Gemini.

Elven
09-08-2005, 03:28
Hi All :)

There is a great site here which covers many different aspects and schools of thought about 2012 and the Mayan Calender.
There is also a natal chart if you scroll down through the webpage for the 22nd of December 2012.
There are plenty of other sites attatched to the page as well, and plenty for the astrolger. :)

http://www.halexandria.org/dward415.htm
Enjoy.

Blessings
Elven x

paradoxx
09-08-2005, 04:42
2012 seems to be the day that we see the world problems for what they are, and then we shed our conditionins of the past, internal and external alike, and return to our freedoms. We will find some hidden city or some ancient mystery that will shake our faith in our standard formulas that life is about.

crystaleyes
09-08-2005, 06:24
I have been hearing about the end of the world since i was knee high to a grasshopper. It has not happened yet. I live every day like it was my last anyways.

RainbowFire
16-08-2005, 09:21
We will find some hidden city or some ancient mystery that will shake our faith in our standard formulas that life is about.

Hidden city? Perhaps like... Atlantis?

Deszroo
20-08-2005, 05:05
Heres a link I just came across..re: to the Mayan calender..2012..etc.

http://www.planetlightworker.com/articles_free/carljohancalleman/article2.htm

Dez

MCsea
20-08-2005, 16:37
HI there,

I feel it will be something like NEW ENERGY something along the lines of
solar/nuclear but 'NEW' and it just might work FOR us...

Marina

Lady Tararith
30-08-2005, 05:46
I'm not so sure to be honest. I watched a programme about Nostradamus who as we all know predicted quite a few world famous events and catastrophies, but according to him the world will not end until sometime in the next millennium, year 3000 onwards.

I personally don't think any of us will know for sure until the day comes.

Lady Tararith x

RainbowFire
30-10-2005, 11:43
I've heard many different views recently...

Either a polar axis tilt, meaning many climatic catastrophes...

The New World Order coming into power... meaning that if we disagree with it, we'll be "discarded"

Or a spiritual change, a shift into the 4th dimension perhaps...

I know I prefer the 3rd theory!!!

rainwolf
30-10-2005, 20:33
Couldn't things just be...alright?

Maybe people will relax and not take everything so seriously and be so uptight about life.

rcb30872
30-10-2005, 23:29
By judging how things are going I would probably go for the polar axis tilt. I have noticed over the last few years, that the seasons, or change of seasons, seems to be getting later and later. For instance, at the moment it should be a lot warmer and drier it is in my part of the world than it has been lately, it is still quite cold/cool and a lot of rain.

And when the seasons change, it used to be March - April but is now more like May - June, in the sense that it is still quite warm then, when it should be be considerably cooler and raining.

Just an observation with where I live, not sure how it is anywhere else. I have been told that it could have something to do with El Nino, but I am not convinced, I really do think it is because of the shifts in the polar axis.

Bec

star-lover
31-10-2005, 03:31
well im gonna be living into my 70s at least so pmsl no the world aint gonna end by 2012 - want jupiter to come round again to libra by 2016 once more so there *S*

OakDragon
31-10-2005, 12:03
2012, the end of civilization by the Mayan calendar? Didn't Mayan civilization end a long time ago? Seems like we already know they were wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, 2012 is one hundred years before the Solar Federation is overthrown. (And that will be a good thing!)

;)

paradoxx
31-10-2005, 12:12
The Federated Empire of Sol you mean?

We are already seeing some of the problems of the last decade come to light, all these good ideas being implemented but it coems down to this, doing it right for the wrong reasons may be greater than doing it wrong for the right reasons. 2007 and 2012 seem to be very important times in which we are going to hit a point of no return (like no return to segregation, reorganization of the UN [more than one representation for each nation], and the fall out of many many issues that have been brewing and festering w/o resolution. It's going to break a lot of peoples hearts.)

The monk
01-11-2005, 15:18
I think i could safely say Paradoxx isnt only an astrologer, he is also a psychic medium, even though that is rare as he also has the ability to examine astrological data in a very refined way.....most psychics dont have that ability, to join the two is a rare gift, considering that usaully there is a huge gulf between the two.
Why is there a divide between the two? Because human nature is entwinned with the scapegoat, explanation isnt hard to understand.
Although i have a great love of sacred geometry, my essence comes from a psychic/medium background, and i am a member/building block to the London College of Psychic Studies.....it is extremely hard for me to "ground" myself, being a sensitive. Yet it is extremely rare for the the college to invite astrologers into the fold, mainly because of joint ridicule, which separates each field of study, that needs an importance within the human ego to show a difference of research, when both are under attack.
It saddens me that people in a position of power within our collective consciousness mirror the beliefs in a hidden way that are expressed within this forum, deem that the "general public" are not ready to be aware of ancient arts, thus alienate so much talent, and separate fields of study.
On a professional level, top astrology schools can view everything by the left intellectual/logical hemisphere of the brain, where as many of the ancient mystics had an unusual way of using the right hemisphere!
The trick is not to allow your ego to predict....lets examine this.
At every end of a century, there has been enough crackpots shouting the end is coming, yet the collective consciousness values certain prophets, or astrological calcalations from unknown mystics.
We can safely say that Nostradamus displayed an extremely mathamatical brain, as he calcalated by hand where planets would be many centuries after his death, without the aid of a computer....incredible!
Yet the message that comes from ancient times is,we can be on a knife edge at certain times in our development, yet no prophet can tell how the branches of the tree will unfold....the trick is realising when we need to be careful in our collective journey...Nostradamus realised that but his ego made him try to predict a date.
Many top seers that we value point to this time as a time of caution....Mother Shipton, Malachy, The Monument of hendaye, The Mayan Calender, Nostradamus, and many more, yet we dont need to frighten ourselves with feelings of fear that it is written in stone...nothing is...we just have to take care on "Our Watch".
Why?.....Because our technology is further ahead than our emotional/aggressive behaviour and we are heading towards small groups being able to access that technology and we are moving into an age where we are damaging the worlds climate that will effect our children.....we dont need dates to know that we are in that period.
In astrology if we look at an astrological aspect that doesnt happen for 2,500 years then perhaps we should look what Regulus, the watcher for the North, the Ruler of the angles of the Earth,is doing in September 2011 by changing signs from Leo to Virgo!

Crystelle
02-11-2005, 01:53
Dear Monk,

very well said. I find that there is a HUGE gulf and I have never understood it...I suppose though that at the root of it, it luminates our problem as a species; too busy battling each other to see that the world around us is being torn apart in the process!

In response to some of the world destruction comments: I am 23 and so can only hope that my generation has the strength and courage to deal with what has been left to us.... I am given hope by my counterparts in university that explore such worthwhile pursuits as trash eating bacteria whose by products make great natural fertilizers and the like... we're not all money hungry corporate employees, sleeping on our watch... ;O)

psychic sue
03-11-2005, 22:31
(Psychic Sue gets out her crystal ball and peers into it)

I predict .... nothing will happen and we will all carry on much the same as before.