Three-suit minor arcana

blue_fusion

well, is there any tarot deck with a minor arcana with three suits intead of the usual four (wands, cups, pentacles, and swords)?

Liliana

dont think so, theres one with 5 I think,but not 3.

What 3 suits would it be?

:THP

blue_fusion

maybe, the physical, mental, and spiritual realms, or some other stuff. i mean three's also an important number in the occult.

Jeannette

Liliana said:
...theres one with 5 I think...

Yes, that's the Deva deck. The fifth suit is called "Aether," and represents spirit ("the fifth element"). It also has an extra major, entitled "The Separator" (numbered XXII, after "The World"), making 93 cards in all.

-- Jeannette
http://www.tarotgarden.com

starfish66

Jeannette and/or Lori said:
Yes, that's the Deva deck. The fifth suit is called "Aether," and represents spirit ("the fifth element"). It also has an extra major, entitled "The Separator" (numbered XXII, after "The World"), making 93 cards in all.[/url]

Wow! 93 cards! I have trouble with some decks being to large for my small hands (with 78 cards in them). I'm intrigued.... I'll have to go and check it out.

:TQS Starfish

Jeannette

Kaz said:
i can't find it in your database jeanette, maybe i do the wrong searchkey? (i used "deva" )...

LOL! Yet another of the hundreds of decks I haven't had time to scan and post yet!
;)

I'm leaving to go shop our annual local "Psychic Fair" in a few minutes, but I'll try to get the Deva scanned and into the database when I return. Any cards in particular you'd like to see?

-- Jeannette
http://www.tarotgarden.com

jmd

Again, the Deva deck, though beautiful and obviously derived from the Tarot, is not Tarot... unless one doesn't agree with a key characteristic of Tarot having four suits and twenty-two specific Major Arcana cards.

Kaz

jmd, no it's not a tarotdeck, but it's interesting to see what it's like, and, as i do collect decks for artwork, it might be one i would like.

jeanette, 2 cards from every suit and two majors? i'll leave it to you to which ones, you have the whole set there, the ones represent the suits and the deck the best.
it's no hurry, take your time. thanks for putting them up :)

kaz

MystiqueMoonlight

blue_fusion20 said:
maybe, the physical, mental, and spiritual realms, or some other stuff. i mean three's also an important number in the occult.

This may be so in relation to the Godess (Daughter, Mother, Crone). But don't forget the elements (which the four suits represent in Tarot Fire, Water, Air, Earth) are as equally important.

Blessed be.