Ask Your Guides Oracle Cards

Silverkitten

Does anyone have this deck? And if so, what do you think about it?
Do you like it, hate it, can't be without it, or think it should be used as fire starter, lol?
Has it helped you to get in touch with your guides?

I was in Borders yesterday, feeling a bit sorry for myself after my doctors appt. (he said at least 3 more weeks of keeping this blasted hand elevated, and I had hoped that since he took out the drain tube yesterday I could have some freedom with it), it's where I like to go when I'm depressed:)
Anyway, none of the other decks seemed to move me *shock*. Then I saw this and it was different, so I added it to the pile of books in my basket.
I figured that with the restrictions on the left arm from the PICC line, and not being allowed to use the right hand at all, I'm going to need lots of books to read. Well *bats eyes innocently* it sounds justified to me ;)

Thanks & BB,
Donna
this one handed typing is for the birds

SongDeva

I like it very, very much.
I have a friend that sells it, and after seeing mine, she decided she hated it and got nothing from it. I kept doing readings for her with it, and pretty soon she was asking to borrow it to do do readings for others. Now she loves it.

Go figure.
It will help you with higher level guides, I think...and it tells the truth so that you can work on stuff that's not working for you.

I love it!

Lara

Silverkitten

SongDeva said:
I like it very, very much.
I have a friend that sells it, and after seeing mine, she decided she hated it and got nothing from it. I kept doing readings for her with it, and pretty soon she was asking to borrow it to do do readings for others. Now she loves it.

Go figure.
It will help you with higher level guides, I think...and it tells the truth so that you can work on stuff that's not working for you.

I love it!

Lara

Thanks Lara

I was beginning to think that no one had this deck. And I wasn't thrilled with the reveiw that I read here at AT about it. I have not even opened the wrapper on the box yet, was still undecided about returning it. It's been sitting here starring at me for three days; torture!!
I'd love if it could help me get in touch with my guides. It seems to work well for you snd friend, so maybe I'll give it a try.
Thanks again for sharing your experience with this deck :)

Blessings,
Donna

Elven

Hi Silverkitten :)

I recently bought this deck and the first reading I did was really beautiful.

Phoenix Rising had done a healing and a guide came through. I wanted a little further information so when she had finished I asked if there was a message from 'Albert' (that was the name he gave).
The advice was spot on - I had actually had a guide reading not all that long ago and it confirmed almost the same words, but in a different deck - it was a really good way to get the message through. My first impression of the images wasn't great, but I needed a contact tool and it worked really well, so Im giving the deck an eight out of ten!! (Ten is Crowley -sorry:))

Many BLessings
Elven x

Cerulean

I found the aeclectic.net link...this looks good!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/ask-your-guides/

Thanks for talking about this deck. It looks like an interesting companion deck to...well, I have a deep colored tarot that I'd like to also use an oracle with for fun...and these deep colors look very rich.

I've never read any of this author's writings, but have seen her name frequently.
It's valuable to me to hear what people do with this.

Regards,

Cerulean

Silverkitten

Great!
Thank you Elven. This is exactly the kind of feedback that I need. I too am not overly impressed with the card images, and usually that is one of the first things to grab me. I still have not opened it. So I'm hoping for more feedback from folks here to help me decide.

Sounds like a fantastic reading you had Elven. It's awesome that you were able to make contact and that it confirmed your previous one, that is so cool.
I would be interested to hear how your further works with this deck go.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with me.

Blessings,
Donna

purple_scorp

I have this deck.

Let me start by saying today has been a very odd day. This morning, I had to go to the Federal Magistrates Court for the hearing of my Divorce Application. Basically a rubber stamp job but still left me feeling a little.....well, dead! I happened to have voucher for a healing store, so I dropped in and purchased this deck. :)

At lunchtime, I was emailing a gf telling her I've had to handle several major events in my life recently, alone. It made me stop and think about the choices I've made to find myself here.

Anyhow, I then opened the pack and quickly thumbed through all of the cards to make sure they were all there. I shuffled, and pulled one card saying, what is your message for me today? I drew:

Victory - Divine Helpers. The book says:
......your Divine Helpers simply remind you to be grateful, and acknowledge the contributions of those who have helped you get where you are. This includes your spirit helpers and guides as well. One final word: With success comes the challenge of standing alone in your light. Of course you've heard the saying "It's lonely at the top." But it doesn't have to be if you remember how you got there. Your Divine Helpers' message: "Share the spotlight."

Oops, sorry guides.....of course I know you've been with me every step of the way........

It was my very first reading and extremely accurate to the email I'd written some five minutes before. But then, I'm very biased with Sonia Choquette's books/cards. I relate to them very well.

One thing that puzzled me though is that there were no actual suggested spreads in her LWB. I'll have to think about that one a little longer.

What spreads do you all use with this deck?

with love
purple_scorp

Moon mind

spread

I have this deck as well and love it! And i am fan of Sonia for long time.(I metion tread about her but noone seems to know her work as much in here)
I find this deck to be very acurete for doing short spreads one card a day. but i did a spread like this:

1.: what is on your hearth?
2: what is in your head?
3.: what you don't know about?(unknown)
4.: what you will know soon?(coming up to you)
5.: what you are stepping over?(what you avoiding)

I find this spread to be good with this deck.

Mm

purple_scorp

Hi Moon mind,

and thanks for the spread. Actually, it's very similar to my stock-standard spread that I use when I want to know something, but don't know what spread to use. It goes like this:

1. What do I know? (What's the situation?)
2. What don't I know?
3. What is my challenge?
4. What is my advice?
5. What is the outcome (if i follow that advice)?

I'll give your spread a try and see how it goes.

Thanks.

with love
purple_scorp

btw - I just thought how great it would be for Sonia to create cards that match her "Your Heart's Desire" Book. Have you read it? You have to make a list of 20 things that you think you want. Every day, you have to cross one off the list so that at the end, you have the one thing you really want (your heart's desire). I was thinking she could create a deck with basic symbols (car, health, house, world peace etc). And you could lay 20 out (hand selected) and remove one every day. The visual may really help some people. Hmm, maybe I should write to Hay House about that!!!

Moon mind

Hi purple_scorp!
thank you for your spread. I did read Sonia's book Your heart's desire. I think her books are very autentic and they speak to the heart. I know what is my heart's desire, but need help to achieve it! LOL don't we all? :) nine principles! it is long hard and so true!

did you read any other books from her?