wrong querant?

Maryann

is it possible to do a reading for someone else you think your doing the right thing but the cards come out like its being read for yourself? i read autumns cards and unless we have identical dilemas, then it was about me and not her, how can i change this if thats the situation?

thanks
maryann

Chronata

hmmm...this is a hard question to answer.

This has actually happened for me before...where I was doing a reading for someone, and the cards were vastly more appropriate for someone else in the room... his energy was just stronger and more needy than the person's sitting across from me...

But I have also done readings for someone...where I swear the cards were showing me my own doubts and struggles.

Here's the thing...the other person may not be going through something identical...but the cards(and your own intuition) are trying to get you to think about your own life, in order to help them with their problem.

This is one of the ways I developed and strengthened my own intuitive abilities...by seeing situations in the cards...that had personal significance for me...where I was able to convey exactly what I was feeling ...and what I was going through...to the other person. And this really helped me to connect, empathically to her.

It's true that she is probably not having the same exact struggles you are...but I can be sure that there is something similar happening with her.

You just need to tell her how you are thinking about your own experience...and this will in turn help you to distinguish subtleties in the meanings of the same cards!

Maryann

thank you, ill see what she says later.

thanks
maryann

judylea1

card readings

I remember that happening once when I went with a friend to a card reader. However, I remember that the reader was having a casual conversation with both of us (we were both talking to her, wasn't really her fault) as she was shuffling and laying down the cards so maybe both our energies got into it. My friend told me she went back later by herself to get a clearer reading. I think maybe it's in part a question of the reader's focus, concentrating on who exactly you're reading for while the cards are being shuffled, maybe this would help.

Ace

If you are both in the same place, then you must try to get out of YOUR place before you read for her. Talk it out with her, if you can, or yourself, before you read for her.

Then I would do a set up: asking the question: what information can I get for HER that SHE wants?

That way, you are concetrating and directing the reading to her and away from yourself.
Ace

Flidais

Ace said:
That way, you are concetrating and directing the reading to her and away from yourself. Ace
It seems to me that this is the key. Otherwise, you really can't know if you are subconsciously reading the cards "for yourself." I don't think it is safe to assume that you and the client have similar issues or concerns. On the other hand, the Tarot does address universal themes that are common to all human beings. I often find that I have things in common with clients.

Maryann

thanks ill see if it is just me or both when she comes on here.

thanks
maryann

autumn star

Maryann said:
is it possible to do a reading for someone else you think your doing the right thing but the cards come out like its being read for yourself? i read autumns cards and unless we have identical dilemas, then it was about me and not her, how can i change this if thats the situation?

thanks
maryann

hi Maryann ... I know that you are refering to COS

this has actually happened to me before too ... but I knew straight away that the cards were for me so I concentrated on the person and drew again ... and this time the reading really was for the other person.

If you feel that the cards really didn't relate to me ... and were speaking more to you ... then you should interpret the reading as being for yourself ... I guess only you can know if the reading relates to you or not :)

snowy25

Hi Maryann,

I've alsow had this happening in the COS some time ago.
What I did was I wrote down what the reading was telling me and let the person I did the reading for know she'd get hers later because of this.
Luckely she understood and I drew the cards again and his time the message was for her.
I think the problem was me.
At the time I had some issues that needed a deeper look at things.
I needed her reading as well as mine combined.
And I had a hard time with the spread (the chacra reading) before I started the first draw so I guess it was easy for my subcontions to come in for a message for me.
When I had written down my reading I could do hers.

I hope this help

Snowy

Free Flight

Hello!

I think this is definitely a possibility. I find when I do a reading that taps into a part of myself and my experiences, then it is a better reading. Mainly I think is because I am explaining things I have been through too and hence there is the empathy factor.

I have noticed this quite a lot, however recently I overcrossed this line. I did a reading for someone which was basically for me. It turned out I got everything wrong. 100% totally opposite for her and 100% correct for me.

this was a good wakeup call for me as it taught me about the line between the empathy factor and going too far...

just my one cents worth

FF