Simple question needs simple answer (Saturn)

Rabbit

I have done a search, can't find the answer.

Saturn return happens every seven years and stays there for 2 1/2?
Example: Saturn return at age 21, staying until 23 1/2?
Thanks for your input.

Flidais

Saturn takes about 29 years to complete one orbit, so it conjuncts your natal Saturn (Saturn return) once every 29 years. Saturn stays in each sign an average of 2 years.

Fulgour

Saturn's density is so low that it would float on water (very unleaden),
and Saturn takes 29 and a half Earth years to completely orbit the Sun.
29.5 years divided by 12 Zodiac Signs = 2.45 years per Sign :) (Cool!)

Rabbit

I am not 29, nor am I 58. I do not understand then, if I am a leo, and saturn is in leo now, what the heck would be the big deal, if saturn being in leo meeting up with my leo is a big deal.(Curiously speaking...)

isthmus nekoi

Hi Rabbit,

Every sign has 30 degrees. You have your Saturn in one of those 30 degrees but Saturn can only be in one degree at a time, not all 30 degrees at once. Right now, he is only at the 2nd degree! Say your Saturn is at the 28th degree... you will probably not feel any affect until Saturn is much closer (could be over 2 years later before the effects start to kick in)!

[edit]Ah, reread your post there Rabbit and I seem to have misunderstood - you are a Leo sun? In this case, having Saturn enter Leo does not necessarily mean you will have a Saturn return, as others have pointed out![/edit]

Flidais

Rabbit, when you say that you are "a Leo," it sounds like you are talking about the position of your natal SUN, not Saturn. Saturn conjunct the Sun is not a "Saturn return." A Saturn return is when Saturn comes back around to the same place it (Saturn) was in when you were born.

So is it your natal Sun or natal Saturn that is in Leo (or both)?

Fulgour

Rabbit said:
I am not 29, nor am I 58. I do not understand then, if I am a leo, and saturn is in leo now, what the heck would be the big deal, if saturn being in leo meeting up with my leo is a big deal.(Curiously speaking...)
Locate the position of Saturn (sign + degree) on your natal chart,
and then calculate when it will be in that position again (29.5 yrs),
then you will have the details relating to your (first!) Saturn return
to ponder ~ as well as the prospect of turning thirty years old. :)