Which Reading is Correct?

GoddessArtemis

I've had several wonderful readings from some of the folks on this site--all very sweet people, having done marvelous jobs on my readings...

But I'm a little confused. Even though I have confidence in the abilities of the readers, some of their readings oppose the others' on here on the same topic. For example, one reader may give a positive outcome, while another reader, a negative one. So when it's about the same topic...which one do I go with? I don't know how to work this one out and would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.

GA

Zephyros

Perhaps neither of them, and all of them at the same time. A skeptic would take that question as "proof" that Tarot is a hoax, but of course, we know better;)

Tarot gives you possibilities, questions, warnings, causes and effects of what you have done, what you will do, and what you should have done. It is difficult for me to answer your question. However, ask yourself if you did the right thing by asking a number of readers to read about the same subject?

Again, just a few thoughts, since the question stumped me...

GoddessArtemis

I'd say...well, I didn't ask all the readers within the same day. But it is the same topic, under confusing circumstances...but overall, the general outcome is either...very positive, or very negative. So I'm not sure which outcome to go with--and as far as my role has been concerned in the given situation--the unanimous vote has been: I've been on my best behavior and could not do things differently. The situation's outcome depends on the person about whom I asked the readings.

But the question still remains--which is the correct outcome/reading?

GA

MercyMe

Situations are not static and human beings are the least static of all. Even in a heartbreaking situation, some good can and usually does come out of it. The outcome is a funny position...when reading about relationships I've seen it refer to one person, the sitter, or the other person, or both. When reading about a long-lost love, perhaps I will get the Sun at the end. But all the other cards indicate misery and stagnation. What does this outcome mean? That me and my long-lost love will live happily every after? I doubt it. I think it means I (or they) will see happy times ahead regardless that this relationship is down the tubes. I think that's one reason it's good to be very clear with the reading that it is about YOU, the sitter, and the outcome card is about an aspect of you or your life and not really about someone else. Frame the question so it reflects this focus on YOU.

Different readings pick up on different aspects of the same situation. I am not against reading for the same situation multiple times (within reason) because in doing so one can look at various sides of a complicated situation. We are complex beings and we are well able to hold two very opposing desires in our hearts at once. Tarot readings can explore one...then the other...see what the dynamics are around each.

~Mercy

GoddessArtemis

Let me rephrase my last post, in response to MercyMe's response. The questions were about Me, but in relation to someone else, in a romantic situation. Basically, the opposing outcomes have been either: yes, things will work out between you two in the end; or no, forget it, it will never work.

Given that, I'm often confused as to how two such separate outcomes can co-exist. In reality, they cannot.

I'm not doubting the readers' abilties; the question here is more the Tarot itself and how reliable it is. I've been studying for nearly 20 years, on/off, and even I get mixed results myself. What could that mean?

GA

Flavio

After doing a reading for me (a good one BTW), Gareth told me something like this "If reading wrong its me as cards are the correct ones for you" at that moment I thought this "disclaimer" was unnecesary because the reading up to the past and present was very accurate and straight to the point BUT confirmation of the meaning of other positions could only be confirmed after months passed.

In summary, I believe the cards are always right, even a skilled reader might get a reading out of the mark because we are human, it can be a bad day, the reading session was tense, there was not enough background information to perform the reading and things like that.

dadsnook2000

Symbols and meanings

A symbol is not a sign or a logo -- they have singular meanings while the symbol often has multiple or complexity in its meaning. The Tarot card has several/many symbols and the reader is often more attuned to some symbols than others. With multiple symbols and multiple cards, plus the manner in which the reader understands your question, it is highly likely that each reading will vary somewhat. The fact that your readings provided two distinctly opposite results is perhaps unusual but not uncommon. May I suggest two approaches? First, wait several days until something in the relationship has developed, changed or happened. Second, narrow your question to one aspect of the relationship and get a reading for that question. Have patience. Take your readings and topics the same way you experience life -- one piece at a time. Your answer will come. And I'm sure that your true needs and happiness will be met; if there is a place in our life and in our heart for something, and if we share it with others, than it will come into our life. Dave

DarkElectric

GoddessArtemis said:
Basically, the opposing outcomes have been either: yes, things will work out between you two in the end; or no, forget it, it will never work.

Given that, I'm often confused as to how two such separate outcomes can co-exist. In reality, they cannot.
GA

Hi GA.
Actually, I believe the cards are telling the truth. All of them. And I also believe that two separate outcomes (or maybe even more) can exist because of this: The future is infinitely mutable. Anything and everything is always a 50/50 possibility. No one can ever know for sure, because the correct answer to any such question usually is "It might, or it might not". (That annoying 'maybe'.) Everything depends on the individuals involved, how they perceive what's important in life, how they feel about personal issues which are crucial to relationships.

Sometimes it looks as if everything is going completely right in a relationship, and as the couple comes to get to know each other better, they find out that they are diametrically opposed on some very key points. Unless both parties determine that their particular relationship is worth changing their core philosophies for in order to keep, what looked at first to be the perfect thing begins to wither, and soon ends, one way or another. Sometimes, both parties seem to be as unsuited to each other as can possibly be, with some extreme differences in personality type, interests, etc. But there is some level they connect on which is so intrinsic to both of them that they are able to be together in spite of ther differences, and end up staying together. What I would say the cards are picking up, positive and negative, are the infinite possibilities inherent in any situation.

raeanne

GoddessArtemis said:
clip

clipGA

Hi GoddessArtemis,
Actually, the current knowledge of quantum physics states that several realities do indeed co-exist. You might enjoy the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know".

MercyMe

GoddessArtemis said:
Let me rephrase my last post, in response to MercyMe's response. The questions were about Me, but in relation to someone else, in a romantic situation. Basically, the opposing outcomes have been either: yes, things will work out between you two in the end; or no, forget it, it will never work.

Oh, but those are both true given the right set of actions/circumstances. Because even if you do X, Y, and Z perfectly, the relationship is made up of two people and given your partner's responses and actions and feelings, anything can happen. Can things work out between you and your partner? Sure they can. Will they? I don't think ANY tarot reading can answer that. I think outcomes that depend on other people's actions are sketchy at best. They can predict *likely* actions based on feelings and responses in the past and present, but absolute outcomes? No.

Tarot is presenting a set of potential scenarios. IF you do this and your partner does that THEN the outcome is (fill in the blank). However, if you choose this your partner may decide to do that instead and then you'll end up with (fill in the blank). Where relationships are concerned there really is no definitive "outcome" because relationships are as alive and changeable as the people in them. Tarot relationship spreads are most useful for the querant when she desires to look at all the angles, to examine things she may not have thought of, to uncover her own hidden desires or agenda. They help assess the relationship and help us to sort through our own thoughts and feelings and goals concerning the other person and the relationship.

I think "outcomes" where predicting what other people will or won't do are tenuous at best. And what does it mean, anyway, when one says "Yes, this relationship will work out." Does it mean you stay together and are therefore technically in a relationship but unhappy? Or does it mean you will work out your differences and part on amicable terms and remain friends forever? The relationship in both scenarios "worked out," although maybe not in the way you had envisioned. So yes, both outcomes can co-exist. It depends on what you mean by "relationship" and "worked out."

I'm not doubting the readers' abilties; the question here is more the Tarot itself and how reliable it is. I've been studying for nearly 20 years, on/off, and even I get mixed results myself. What could that mean?

I think it is about the readers' abilities, though. Which is not to say anyone read the cards "wrong." I think in order to get the most from a reading, especially a relationship reading, the reader and querant need to be very clear about what they are seeing/thinking. This means talking. What exactly *does* a positive outcome mean? What would you like to see happen? Given the rest of the spread and the cards and their positions and the thoughts and feelings you've had during the reading, does it seem likely that the outcome of "all's well that end's well" is truly accurate? Or could that glowing card be pointing to a different kind of ending, still positive, but different than you'd been hoping or imagining? Rapport. Discussion. If the reader is not skilled at asking pointed questions or guiding the querant into this type of possibilities-thinking, the reading may not be as rich and meaningful as it could have been. Is it the cards' fault or the reader's?

~Mercy