Reading Ficticious characters/situations

Saburo

This is my question: Is this even possible? I did one for a friend's character in a role playing community, and it seemed to fit the situation perfectly.

I'm not talking about half finished stories and characters. The characters I am talking about have a background and a constant state of mind and personality.

*rubs back of head*
I was just kind of wondering if it was actually possible.

Lillie

Yeah. It's possible.

Are these your characters?
Or are they the invention of someone else?

In the first case, if these characters are your own invention, you will get better results, as these characters are really part of you, and the cards will help them reveal themselves to you.

If they are someone elses, you will probably only see them the way you interprt the yourself, not neccessarily the way their creator did.

Try it.

See what you get.

Cerulean

Oh, fun book that did 'imaginary readings'

with fictional and true characters.

James Riklief's "Tarot Tells the Tale" is the first book.

He did a column in a tarot newsletter and people asked for more...he developed three-cards and other readings for their questions.

I liked the first and second book.

Regards,

Cerulean

Zephyros

There is a book about the subject, I forgot the name of it. But it is all about such things, and there are reading for such people as Cinderella and other characters in stories. I haven't read it yet, but I doubt the readings in it are free throws.

If you are asking about a free throw about a character in novel, it could be interesting to try. I mean, lets say you read for Frodo, the cards may show what he should have done, rather than an outline of the plot.

Apollonia

Yup, I do it for soap opera characters when I'm practicing new spreads. Seems to work well.

Saburo

In Awe

I never thought the spectrum of Tarot practices included the fictional. I'll be trying it out on all the characters in my story.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm going to be rummaging through the net searching for that book now.

Sulis

Saburo, you really should read the book that Cerulean mentioned.

There are 22 readings in there, all of them for characters from history, myth, stories and fairytales.

In there he reads for Lady Macbeth, Beauty (of Beauty and the Beast fame), Hamlet, Cinderella, The Ugly Duckling and many more.
It's an excellent book and just goes to show what you can get from 3 card spreads.

Here's an amazon.com link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0738702722/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

Love

Sulis xx

Saburo

Thanks everyone! I will get that book! Just a matter of needing one thing more than another right now.

I think I'll go test it out on Harry Potter. Just to see how he's doing before I read the latest release.