Realized something today...

calligirl

I haven't been visiting here regularly of late. I have been going through some emotional turmoil on the homefront and also I have had some opinions expressed about my 'unhealthy' interest in the Tarot and runes and just 'weird stuff' in general.

Two things I realized today. First, I didn't consciously realize that I had 'put away' my runes and Tarot until my DH asked me why I hadn't been mentioning them. Thankfully, he is curious rather than critical of my interests. But because of this ongoing situation we have at the moment, I have shut down so to speak, haven't been keeping up here at all or even enjoying handling my runes.

The other thing I realized is that having 'shut down', all my creative energy and the forces that were opening doors for me have essentially froze. My world was opening up literally before me two months ago in ways I can't begin to explain and now the doors are shut. At least that's the way it feels.

Obviously, the tools I was using were benefitting me in ways I didn't know. I hope that I will be able to once again enjoy the learning and exploring that was so fascinating before and that this will in turn help me put this troublesome time behind me and I can move forward into the sunlight again. And, if people do not like my interest and feel that it is harmful, then that is their problem. It is obviously something that is helpful to me because I can certainly tell something is missing from my life right now.

Thanks for listening...

mythos

Very important insight you've gained there for yourself ... congratulations ... and welcome back!

mythos:)

Grizabella

Welcome back! I'm glad to see you again. :)

I find that I sometimes leave the tarot for awhile and then come back to it myself and each time I do, it's helped me to expand and understand it more and more. Even though I'm a grandmother, and technically could become a great-grandmother in the not-so-distant future I suppose, I've got those in my life who don't approve of my interest in tarot, too, and sometimes I let that get in my way. My oldest son, for one. But just recently, I put all my cards out in a pretty basket and all my tarot books on a special shelf and have decided to start reading for the public. If my son gets disturbed, I'll tell him like I did when he was young-----"because I'm the Mom and you're the kid and I can, that's why." LOL

A tarot reader is a certain kind of spiritually creative thinker. Because tarot has a bad reputation in certain circles, it scares those who are afraid to think outside the box so they recoil from it and become critical of us and become afraid we're endangering our souls. We know we're not, so we just have to keep following our path anyway and learn not to let what they think keep us from doing what we know is right for us.

I wish you well and I'm glad you're back with us. :)

dadsnook2000

Natural reaction

I think it is natural to pull away a bit from doing something if you are criticised for engaging in it, particularly if it is from someone close to you. I used to do this also at one time until I realized the price I was paying from not being myself. Even today, my wife criticises my astrology and tarot projects when she is upset -- its just her way of getting attention paid to her complaints. So now, I both listen to her and continue with doing that which makes me happy. Either I've learned to adjust and be considerate or I'm just getting older and more rigid -- I don't know which and I'm not overly concerned. We have to be ourselves. Dave

cormac

yes welcome back -- i try not to let people's simple-minded opinions concerning tarot and the like bother me but i understand the sensitivity one can have concerning this -- i mean christianity was considered pretty darned weird not terribly long ago as history is measured just as an example ... democracy was a pretty wild idea not long ago too lol :)

i hope you find your path and your inner conflict and pain will be resolved soon -- my best wishes to you :)

MercyMe

calligirl, you've discovered something very important about yourself and in the process you've decided you're better off with your interest in tarot and runes than without them. That's important because not only will you likely never allow anyone to tell you otherwise about these tools ever again, you will also be more apt to stand your ground on other important aspects of your life as well. Bravo! (I know it's hard.)

~Mercy

Vadella

I've pulled away from it a few times and for several different reasons. I think it's a natural process. I do know what you mean by things opening up to you... it was those same things that made me feel very overwhelmed, amazed, confused, scared a bit.... I wouldn't change it for the world. :) hehe Welcome back to us....

mythos

Lyric said:
Welcome back! I'm glad to see you again. :)

If my son gets disturbed, I'll tell him like I did when he was young-----"because I'm the Mom and you're the kid and I can, that's why." LOL

:)

Can I relate to this! I have a 30 year old son who seems to think that it is his mission in life to lecture me on matters of all kinds. I just tell him that given that I have managed to bring him up sufficiently well, it is about time he gave me some credit for knowing what is in my best interests, and to just mind his own business ... not mine! It usually results in an apology.

Tarot is a special kind of spirituality and it is yours calligirl, just as it is ours .... so don't let anyone pull you from your path. It is different if you feel the need to take a break while you integrate your own learning, but, otherwise, it is really no one else's business but yours.

Go for it!
and Enjoy!
mythos