What did the Tarot bring to you ?

lenny13

Hello... I was just thinking about that question. Did it change the way you see things, life, people, etc... Did it help you in your personnal life, in your self discovery or something else ?

Rosanne

Hi Lenny13, you live in a very auspicious place for Tarot. Welcome to a great Forum and Community of Tarot Lovers. When I first started Tarot I did not know what it was going to do for me. Then I started to develop like a photograph - becoming clearer in my own eyes, for myself, everyday. I had lots of fun too- just like I do on this Forum- learn, share, teach, laugh and grow- all in the same breath. Enjoy yourself and The Tarot~ Rosanne

stonepsycho

Its so far changed things for me in the way that i can see things clearer now than i could before. Im no longer a jumbled mess of thoughts in my head, the cards allow me to release alot of it.

tarotlova

For me it's my best freind, I can tell it anything, and ask it anything, and always get an honest if some times confusing answer!

dadsnook2000

Tarot fills in a gap

I've been involved with Astrology for over three decades. Although I've used the Tarot off and on during that period, I've only been using Tarot deeply for the past three or four years. I've come to realize that the Tarot goes hand in hand with Astrology, for me, wherein each does what the other does not.

Astrology requires either a computer or some time and materials necessary to cast a few charts in order to address an issue.
Tarot requires only a deck and a minute or two of time.

Astrology can pinpoint the timing of coming events quite precisely.
Tarot is not a good tool for predicting the time of something.

Astrology charts can be cast that permit you to see the big picture, the trends, the nature of events that will be in play at any moment but cannot easily present a unified picture of a situation without many charts and time to study them.
Tarot describes an overall situation and specific trends in a totally different manner whithin one or two spreads.
To compare these two, astrology is like an onion in which you can peel open each layer to get to the middle, while Tarot is like a summary that also contains a punch line.

Each tool has its strengths and advantages. However, astrology is more complex and takes much more time to learn well, while the tarot seems easier to learn in a shorter period of time. In saying this, please note that I pass no judgement on the depth of either system.

Just my observations. Dave

Gyda

For me it's given a place for childhood talents to settle so I don't go nuts.

Gyda

MercyMe

Tarot has breathed new life into my spiritual and intellectual growth. It has given me a stress-reliever, a toy, a tool for introspection, a way to help others, a glimpse into the "collective unconscious," a deeper look into my subconscious, a topic of conversation, a challenge, an ice-breaker, a fascination, another facet to an increasingly complex but very interesting life.

~Mercy

FaerieStorm

Above all, Tarot has shown me how much life changes--and how much our lives affect one another. It has also given me new insight into how to create, shape, and control my own destiny. And for this I am ever grateful to Tarot.

Vadella

Tarot has actually changed my life completely. It has helped me to understand issues within myself, my life, the people around me. It has helped me to become more of the person I am meant to be. It has even proved myself to family members. So tarot brought serenity to my life. I will forever be grateful.

urbandryad

Tarot opened me to a world where art and mental health can coincide. A world where people interpret the world so differently from others, a fact I never realized before, and they showed this fact to me through the tarot. I love all the many decks, and seeing how people think and see everything in our world. We really are unique individuals, and this shows up alot in the divinatory arts. :3