Crystals & stones - how do you "use" them?

Annabelle

First off, allow me to admit that I know very, very little about crystals and stones and their properties. But I was just reading the thread on which stones are good to use if you have migraines, and it occured to me - even if I went out and bought the stones that are recommended, I wouldn't have any idea how to make use of them.

If you are using a crystal or stone for a particular reason, what do you do with it? Carry it around in a bag? Gaze at it? Hold it in your hand? Rub it around on the affected part of your body? These may be dumb things to ask, but I'm really curious.

Annabelle4

Nina*

Actually the best thing to do with a crystal is what YOU feel is right :)
but it is very common to wear it around (I, for instance, always wear a crystal in a pocket in my jeans) or put it on a part (or chakra) of your body that needs the healing.
Another good way to use it is to meditate on it; look at it or just hold it in your hand (the receptive) and feel it during meditation.

There are lots of other possibilities; these are just the ones I use mostly.

xxx
Nina

Annabelle

Nina, thanks so much for your answer!! :)

It gives me a much better picture of what folks are talking about when they suggest using a particular stone.

Many blessings,
Annabelle

SilverCloudedWolf

I usually put the crystals I'm using in a pouch and place it under my pillow and "sleep on it", and I'll leave them under there permemantly if it's an ongoing problem, taking them out to cleanse them whenever they need it. I too, find that carrrying them in pockets a good way of using them, as well as placing them on the target spot (e.g head for headache, eyes for eyestrain) if it's a physical problem.

hope this also helps,

Silver