is it ok to buy a use tarot

manuel ruiz

hiya!!

i have adoubt, is is ok to buy a use tarot, and start reading with it? i am asking you beacuse i am going to buy a use tarot in the next days, and i wanted to know if its ok to read with it?

magpie9

Used Tarots are fine. Many of my decks where bought used and they are fine. I have never had any trouble with a used deck. If the energy feels a little funny to you, you can shuffle them a lot to cleanse them and make them yours. There are more elaborate ways of doing this, too.
Hope this helps :)

tarobones

where's the magic?

I'm one of those who firmly believes "the magic is in you, not the cards" because the cards are paper and ink. Buy and enjoy and don't worry. :) Peace and blessings................Michael

TheOld

and i'm one those that firmly believes "the cards can receive magic or energy" so when you take a use deck, there's already some kind of magic in it which is verry interesting cause it increase your sphere of counsciousness.

The magic is in you but for me there's magic in everythings also and i'm an explorer of different magic :)

Love, Light & Power
Omeada

Emeraldgirl

Sure it is. What if you really wanted a deck that was out of print? (This has happened a few times to me) You would need to get a second hand one as finding a still sealed copy could be darn near impossible.

Saburo

I believe energy is in everything, as well. In accordance I believe that the deck's energy needs to be able to resonate with your own. It may mean spending some extra time with the deck, but I think using a used deck is okay.

Grizabella

Most of my decks could be considered used. I prefer to buy and trade here on AT to get my decks and I love that the energy and maybe a little spirit of my AT friends may cling to them after I get them. Nothing is wrong at all with a used deck.

Like others have said, the magic is in you not in the cards, which are paper and ink. Some believe some energy is left from others who have used the cards and it may be so, but I don't think it's a harmful energy, and if you're worried about it, handling and purifying by you would certainly defuse that, I'm sure.

seneris

If you want to make a used deck feel more like it's yours you could come up with your own rituals. Some of them are named here, like shuffling them a lot, but for myself I could also imagine burning incense, keeping them close to me or putting them next to my bed (I do not dare to risk sleeping with the cards under the pillow, I would be too afraid to damage them!)

Lillie

It is fine to have a used deck. Many of mine are.

One thing I do when I get them is to sort them all into order.
This makes sure that all the cards are present.
It also feels that I am alligning them for a fresh start.
I have a particular order which I sort them into.
From the top
Majors, Zero to XXI
Wands, Ace to 10, Court cards ending with the king. (or knight for thoth)
Cups, ditto
Swords, ditto
Discs, ditto

Then I shuffle them, then sort them again.
And so on.
At some point I choose the 'first card'. This is my introduction to this deck, it is suppose to be a sort of 'hello'. And an indication of how my relationship with this deck will be.

You may find a deck that has a strong feeling about it (either good or bad).
This can usually be removed with a cleansing ritual.
Sometimes I just talk to the cards, tell them they are mine now.

Some decks have a smell about them. Sometimes incence, sometimes musty.
I find incence nice, and musty can be removed with more incence.

You can get loads of good decks cheap, second hand.
It's a great idea.

manuel ruiz

thanks

thanks for you commentaries they have serve me a lot!!!