PDA

View Full Version : Feb 17, 2007

Mimers
16-08-2005, 12:51
I was wondering if it is possible to pick a positive day to get married using astrology. My fiance and I just picked a place for our reception and need to give a deposit and pick a day. This is one we are thinking about. What do you think? Would it make a difference?

Mimi

paradoxx
16-08-2005, 14:00
The first thing that caught my attention for that date is the fact that mercury will be in its initial stages of retrograde, which will last for three weeks and retrograde from pisces to aquarius.

With Pisces and Aquarius heavily occupied, your marriage has every indication of success, and mercury in retrograde won't dampen it, but it could dampen the weding itself. Waiting until the direct station of mercury (March 10-11) would be a better energy flow for arrangments and schedules.

Mimers
16-08-2005, 20:16
Thank you Paradoxx, for looking that up for me. I just may wait until March 10th then. It is a Saturday.

The only reason we were going for Feb is that March is such a muddy month as snow starts to melt and Jan is too cold.

Thank you!
Mimi

rcb30872
16-08-2005, 22:21
but it could dampen the weding itself.
The only reason we were going for Feb is that March is such a muddy month as snow starts to melt and Jan is too cold.
It is quite funny, about what was said about what you said mimers, because as soon as I read what paradoxx wrote about the retrograde could dampen the wedding, what you had written about March was pretty much what I was thinking about, but more to do with rain than snow. Just laughing to myself, nothing to add :P

Bec ;)

isthmus nekoi
16-08-2005, 23:21
In terms of electional astrology, I really would look to someone experienced in the area.

I'm no expert but I would be careful w/the timing of that day. The time of the day can change things by highlighting good parts of the chart or downplaying the more difficult parts. Also, the moon will not be making easy aspects that day (opposition to Saturn, conjunction to Neptune) and after that, void of course (meaning no classical aspects made while it moves through the rest of the sign) which is typically not a positive thing in electionary charts.

Your other question - would it make a difference.... I honestly don't know. Of course astrologers experienced in the area will tell you it makes a difference but I've never personally checked....

It's funny, a friend of mine recently got married, a very stable couple and also, very traditional in terms of social values and living the Christian lifestyle so I'm pretty sure no one advised them astro wise.... I looked at their chart - moon trine sun, very stable. Then Venus/moon positions indicated to me that friction would come from the woman, feeling pulled b/w her role as dutiful wife and possibly mother and herself as an autonomous, sexual lady. Which is, as it turns out, something that is likely to come up as she was not Christian when she met the man.

Mimers
17-08-2005, 09:12
That is very interesting isthmus. I never looked into our charts. Mostly because we don't know the times of our births. We do get along very well. kind of like the instruments in an orchestra. Every instrument sounds beautiful in its own right, but when you put them together, they make hearts sing!

Sorry for getting mushy!

Mimi

Deszroo
17-08-2005, 13:42
Hi...these are some sites about choosing dates for marriage using astrology.

http://www.bigskyastrology.com/tutorial/electional/electintro.html

http://www.magicalmarriage.com/

http://www.mountainastrologer.com/forrest.html...some things here about wedding but not entirely but may be helpful otherwise as well.

Dez

paradoxx
17-08-2005, 13:49
one more thing, February 17th, 2007 is on a Saturday, and it would take until the next week for the system to finish up the marriage procedure with its required details, finalizing the marriage on Monday, the 20th at the earliest and you would then recieve the final document on the 21st-just something to take in mind.

Minderwiz
17-08-2005, 19:51
Isthmus gives good advice - you also need to look at your own and your fiance's natal charts - aspects from the chart for the day and time to your own charts may well influence your choice.

In general terms though, it's difficult to pick an 'ideal' time - all charts will have favourable and unfavourable points to them (and don't forget these are relative to you) and of course some times may be very good Astrologically but not practically - You might find it difficult to get married at say, 2:30 in the morning.

Look for strongly placed benefics in your day chart - for that date Jupiter is in Sagittarius and Venus is exalted in Pisces. Even the malefics are not badly placed Mars is in exaltation in Capricorn. Saturn is in detriment in Leo (which is not good but there's little you can do about it - try and get a time when Saturn is in the twelfth but away from the Ascendant (where it can do little harm). Try and get Jupiter above the horizon in the eleventh through to ninth houses and have Venus lady of the seventh or fifth. Now that might not be possible so look for times when these will either Aspect the Ascendant or have favourable aspects to your own charts

A few days later Venus moves into Aries, it's detriment. Venus in Pisces is much better, so preferably marry before 22nd, unless Venus in Aries has some special favourable significance to your own charts.

However, it's best not to let Astrology rule your lives - if some minor changes in proposed time or possibly date will give a much better chart then OK but if you want to wait for the perfect moment you'll both be single into your nineties.

Mimers
17-08-2005, 19:53
Deszroo, thanks for the links. I like the Mountain Astrologer one the best. Very interesting.

I ran this by my Fiance and he basically said he doesn't see the big deal if we do it a month later if that is what I want. It would also be nicer for my parents who usually spend February in Florida and don't come back until March.

We still have some time to pick a day because we are planning it so far ahead and we are getting married off season (big $ saver!)

Thanks,
Mimi

Mimers
17-08-2005, 19:58
However, it's best not to let Astrology rule your lives - if some minor changes in proposed time or possibly date will give a much better chart then OK but if you want to wait for the perfect moment you'll both be single into your nineties.

LOL, very true Minderwiz! Waiting until March would not be a big deal for us. We just want to stay in the off peak season to get the most affordable wedding. I do agree too that there is no perfect day. I personally think the marriage itself is going to be good no matter when we marry (married in our hearts already), but having a smooth day with no glitches would be wonderful.

Take care,
Mimi

Minderwiz
17-08-2005, 20:31
If you are thinking about March, look at dates after 18th March, when Venus moves into Taurus. on 22nd and 23rd the Moon is also in Taurus (it's exaltation) and then moves on to Cancer (but don't take the intervening move through Gemini). Mercury is also direct at this period.

You can use some of the other techniques to refine this - looking at the Moon's aspects and whether it is Void of Course (indicating that nothing will come of the matter) - you will need not only a date but a possible time for these.

Again just check the proposal against your own charts and my proviso not to let Astrology rule your lives!

Minderwiz
17-08-2005, 20:53
Just an addendum on my last comment. We didn't use Astrology to pick our wedding date and indeed we had to change our first choice for family reasons.

When I look at the chart for our marriage it looks terrible by conventional interepretation - Saturn in Leo is the most exalted planet and Scorpio is rising. The Sun is in the ninth flanked by Mercury and Venus both combust.

However, the MC for the wedding is conjunct my own Ascendant, ant the Descendant (Seventh cusp) is conjunct my own MC. My Sun (in the last degree of Libra) conjuncts the Ascendant for the Wedding. Saturn lies on my Ascendant and my wife is Capricorn Sun, so Saturn has symbolism for both of us.

Venus actually does rule the Seventh for our wedding, and the ninth is a good placement for her. For both of us, natal Venus is in the first house of the Wedding. The Moon placement in the Wedding day chart is conjunct my wife's natal Sun and her Moon trines the Wedding day Sun and Venus.

There are many other favourable contacts for both of us - but my point is that what might seem to be a so-so chart for the wedding day has very personal significance for us. A chart that looked good might have had virtually no personal significance, or even worse negative personal significance.

isthmus nekoi
18-08-2005, 01:25
That is very interesting isthmus. I never looked into our charts. Mostly because we don't know the times of our births. We do get along very well. kind of like the instruments in an orchestra. Every instrument sounds beautiful in its own right, but when you put them together, they make hearts sing!

Sorry for getting mushy!

Mimi

Sounds very harmonious :) Congrats, btw... and please tell us which date you ended up choosing.

And wow, Minderwiz, now you're making me curious to see my parents' marriage chart.