Who here sews tarot bags.....?

mercenary30

I have come up with a unique design for a tarot bag.

The first run of them will be done in velvet, but alas, my remedial sewing machine skills do not allow me to do what I want done. (Being a male doesn't help.)

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me with this endeavor.

I am looking to pay for the sewing services........

gareth.

Cant do it.

As I am male but hey....you need to find a volunteer ...I use bags from a stall on the market who sell Indian clothes and material.Their bags are so beatiful but maybe thats just in Britain.

September Pixie

My friend Peggy stitches ALL my bags and clothes. She takes on custom designs.. I will PM you with her address :) Here is a few samples of her work. These are my bags :D

Maryann

wow they are beautiful, does she sell them?

FantasyWorld

September Pixie said:
My friend Peggy stitches ALL my bags and clothes. She takes on custom designs.. I will PM you with her address :) Here is a few samples of her work. These are my bags :D

OMG!!!
That last bag is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!
Does she have a website? What awesome work and creativity!
I bet her clothes are dreamy:D

Ooh think I found her on Ebay...Medieval Mantles

autumn star

those bags are really beautiful ... your friend is very talented :)

Are the bags embroidered?

September Pixie

Yes she sells on ebay, her website is down at the moment, and yes she takes custom orders :D Tell her September Pixie sent you (I don't get any kind of referral advantages or anything) and that your from AT and you will get a discount :D She is a member here but I am not sure of her member name.

I probably should say most of her bags on ebay are unlined unless they are stated in her auctions. If you wanted one lined, she could probably add that too :D

September Pixie

My bags were all custom designed by myself.. Peggy does awesome work. I sent her sketches of what I was looking for, she sent me some suggestions and we worked together on my bags. Her turn around time is quite good also.

I am in the US and she is in Canada and I get my bags in just a few days once shipped! She's very creative and has a lot of great ideas. I highly recommend.

The dragon bag has an embroidered dragon that is some sort of patch (Not actually embroidered onto it) and is lined in gold chinese komono fabric, made with black velvet and has a matching cloth.. I loved this set so much I ordered 4 more! She made one to match all of my main reading decks and I am surly coming back for more. The fairy bag.. that was actually quite amazing.. I was searching for someone to do it, she found the fabric with a fairy i wanted on it and some how made it fit and stick to the velvet bag! I really really really recommend her!

Cerulean

What great ideas...

...I handsew bits and pieces, but my favorite tarot bags are zip-up import bags that I will now begin add notions too...thanks for your thread! I just found that at Borders Bookstores they added scrapbooking notions like you would find at sewing/material stores...and now will adorning bags as 'light sewing'.

I used to do embroidery and cloth/clothes-sewing as a young teen and adult, but have been saving some of wrist and arm strength at night to work with brushes and drawing...do lots of typing/house/garden stuff that makes one want to fall asleep as soon as I sit down!

The pretty notions to tarot/deck bags had me clearing out and sorting old material inspiration to add liners and a little bit of stitchwork to 'strengthen' my favorite plainer bags..am doing damselfly themes...

Cerulean

tarotbear

OY!

Another one of those "I'm a male - I can't be expected to do this" kind of letter.

STOP WHINING! LOL!!!!!!

Pick yourself up by your jockstrap and LEARN HOW! (this comes from an ex-costume designer with professional theatre experience with no formal sewing instruction.) :smoker:

If you can learn to read Tarot cards (no small feat), you can learn to sew! (O.K. - velvet is a bitch to work with for a beginner -- but you can do it!) Think of a sewing machine as just another hand tool ..... LOL!