Tarot Bags?

December Fairy

I have been thinking about making tarot bags. I'm just wondering what would people prefer with the lining?

Do you think the lining must be silk?

If I were going to buy a bag I would just look for pretty fabric lining, cotton or whatever it may be.

What do you think?

Thanks for your opinion. ;)

Eco74

I have bags with silk lining.
I also have bags with cotton lining.
I even have bags with no lining. (Those sheer ones in whatever the material is called.)
Some are home made, others are not.

In the bags I've made I've used cotton, linen, silk (real heavy and silky slinky), mocca (synthetic) and other fabrics that are pretty, feel good to the touch and make me feel they would work well in a bag - i.e. fit the intended deck.
The fabricshops here sell fabrics by decimeter (which is about 4 inches) so there's no need to buy a lot which makes it possible for me to get the more expensive fabrics too if I should decide on one.

So, I'd say go out there and find fabrics you like. Ones that catch your eye and seduce your fingertips..
Trust your senses and you can't go wrong.

Though it might help to make sure the fabric isn't too stretchy since that sometimes makes it difficult to give the bags a good fit.

December Fairy

Thanks Eco74. I'm on my way out the door to look at fabric now.

Sulis

I make tarot bags and usually use cotton for the bag and for the lining. I like to use natural fibres but not too keen on using silk as I'd prefer my bags to be as 'veggie' as possible.

Love

Sulis xx

Flavio

The few bags I've done so far, have cotton as linen, the reason is the cotton comes from old underwear t-shirts :D this way I feel the deck is in touch with me even inside the bag.

December Fairy

Thanks everyone. I found some gorgeous fabric. If I can figure out how to post a picture, I'll post one when I'm done with the first one in a day or so.

HudsonGray

The only lining fabric I'd stay away from would be something with a 'fuzz' to it or with a large open type weave, both would catch at the corners of the cards making it harder to slide the deck in and out.

lunalafey

I make bags as well. Most people seem to like to have at least a 100% natural fabric. Silk is nice and you can get silk that is not the thin slippery stuff, easier to sew.