Curious about Astrology and its relation to Tarot

Kittaine

I've been Tarot reading for about two years. Recently, I've felt that I've greatly improved in my craft. Now I'm looking for new challenges to further enhance my Tarot-reading skills. So this is where astrology and the Kabbalah come in. Since the Kabbalah is almost entirely out of my grasp, I will tackle astrology first since I at least know the zodiac signs and their elements. Still, that's not enough.

I was wondering if I'm allowed to ask for an Astrological reading? I'd just like to get a first-hand look at how this whole thing works.

Minderwiz

Hi,

You can certainly ask, but take a look at the following thread first

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=38383

As you have achieved some skills in tarot and clearly have posted regularly on Aeclectic, then the best way to repay is through a number of tarot readings- rather like the reading exchange forum. The reason I say 'number' is that an Astrology reading is more demaning, time consuming and work intensive than a tarot reading.

You will need to provide your date of birth dd/mm/yyyy format, the time you wre born and the place you were born.

A full reading is both extremely extensive and time consuming and often isn't quite what you want - you might be more concerned with financial affairs, or career, or romance, etc. So try and be precise about which areas of life you are particularly concerned

Read some of the threads on this forum to begin to build up some knowledge and I would also suggest that you buy one or more books - it's difficult to pick up Astrology without some fairly intensive reading. There's a good thread on introductory books at:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=45512

Reading will also allow you to ask questions about the techniques because you will be starting from a a knowledge base.

Incidentally Astrology is more than simply the zodiacal signs and is probably more complex that the Kabbalah :)

Kittaine

Thanks for the info, Minderwiz and Isthmus. :D Never realized making astrological charts was as difficult as you say it is.

Well, as I head to the bookstore to buy "Astrology for Dummies", I might as well leave my birth details here.

08/28/1986
10:30 am, Saturday
Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines (southern part of it)

My main concerns are romance and career (I hope that's not asking too much):D I'm willing to do Tarot readings for anyone who helps me with this. If you have YM, you can buzz me there anytime for a reading.

isthmus nekoi

Kittaine,

Happy early 19th birthday!

A tarot reading isn't necessary, but some feedback would be great:

Well, as for tackling the relationship side of things, there is a basic desire for you to be in a close one on one relationship, even if that happens to be a best friend etc. Yet even though finding prospects may not be difficult.... you somehow can't seem to really settle down (although I suppose there's really no need to at 19) for two reasons. First, you need excitement, your interest always needs to be piqued (sp?). Second, you may find that it's difficult meeting someone who measures up! Your Virgo sun square Saturn trine Neptune lends a very critical yet idealistic eye, perhaps one that is impossible to please!

Venus is right at the cusp of the 12th house which suggests that your relationships are secretive in some way. Traditional books will immediately jump to the conclusion of a love affair or prostitution, but obviously this is not the only manifestation of this placement (although, no judgment on my part if something like that has happened or you were considering such). You may tend to be very secretive about your relationships, and you may even like how the secrecy adds to the intensity and mystery of a relationship... Yet for all the intensity you crave, it may come to frustrate you as you grow older, that for all the depth, all the passion, the lack of committment may begin to strike you as shallow!

Kittaine

Isthmus, thank you! Glad somebody took my request! This is all very intriguing! I have so many questions! But I'll start with...What do you mean by those "houses" (I'm sorry, I haven't bought an astrology book yet)? If you've drawn my astrological chart, can I see it?

Thanks, too, for the greeting! :D

Now here's my feedback...
isthmus nekoi said:
Well, as for tackling the relationship side of things, there is a basic desire for you to be in a close one on one relationship, even if that happens to be a best friend etc.

Oh, this is so true! My entire life (and I'm not exaggerating here) I've been wanting (and perhaps NEEDING?) to have a romantic relationship with anyone that I can care for and who cares enough for me, no matter what gender. But yes, it's been very difficult finding someone, and this is where the next part comes in...

isthmus nekoi said:
Yet even though finding prospects may not be difficult.... you somehow can't seem to really settle down (although I suppose there's really no need to at 19) for two reasons. First, you need excitement, your interest always needs to be piqued (sp?).

Haha! Yes! For a Virgo I'm not really much into routine, especially in a relationship. I wonder why?

isthmus nekoi said:
Second, you may find that it's difficult meeting someone who measures up! Your Virgo sun square Saturn trine Neptune lends a very critical yet idealistic eye, perhaps one that is impossible to please!

So true! In my earlier, more idealistic, and more immature years, I refused to have a boyfriend because none met my standards! I demanded nothing less than perfection (hey, I was young!), which is probably why I ended up fantasizing about celebrities and even cartoon characters--men who never showed imperfection--crazy as that sounds!

isthmus nekoi said:
Venus is right at the cusp of the 12th house which suggests that your relationships are secretive in some way.

I wouldn't use the word "secretive". I do talk about my relationships and "escapades" to my friends, but never, ever, in detail. I prefer to keep some things between me and my partner. Perhaps I also like how it shrouds my love life in mystery. My closest friends never know what's really going on, maybe partly because I'm too lazy to talk about it in full detail. :D Hehe.

isthmus nekoi said:
Traditional books will immediately jump to the conclusion of a love affair or prostitution, but obviously this is not the only manifestation of this placement (although, no judgment on my part if something like that has happened or you were considering such).

Hahaha! This may come as a surprise to you, but yes, I've had a few run-ins with prostitutes...Nuff said. Hehe.

isthmus nekoi said:
You may tend to be very secretive about your relationships, and you may even like how the secrecy adds to the intensity and mystery of a relationship...

Yes, yes, and yes! :D

isthmus nekoi said:
Yet for all the intensity you crave, it may come to frustrate you as you grow older, that for all the depth, all the passion, the lack of committment may begin to strike you as shallow!

Ah, I'm not quite at that stage yet. I don't understand how the secrecy and mystery would make it shallow. Well, I'm in no rush to make that realization...^_^

Ohh...I've come to the end of it! I didn't notice! LOL!

This is fascinating! So many jargons I don't understand yet! Can't wait to dive into this whole thing and learn for myself!

Thanks again, Isthmus! You really helped a lot! I didn't expect it to be strikingly accurate!

Fulgour

An Eternal Novice

I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of Mercury with Saturn
in the morning sky during the next few days or about,
but Jupiter and Venus are almost touching nightly and
there's the Moon and Mars together in the pre-dawn...
In many ways, that's my Astrology~and Tarot as well.

But I also find this forum to be like a shining beacon~
a brilliant source of information :) and inspiration too!

Minderwiz

Fulgour,

If you watch out around the end of this month to first two days in September, you will be able to see the Venus / Jupiter conjunction around three hours after Sunset.

wizzle

Get the basics

Hi Kittane,

It's good that you want to take up astrology. All the best to you.

However, you need to start off with your book and get to know the basics like the meanings of the planets, houses and signs. It is unreasonable to expect to learn it in a thread of this nature, since it's quite complicated. In fact, I'd say astrology is more complicated than the Qabala, so take that into consideration. You will have to do a considerable amount of reading on your own to get even marginally proficient.

I didn't read all the replies to your thread, but putting together a chart is quite simple since we now have software to do it. However, doing even a "quickie' reading takes me a minimum of an hour if I only cover the sun, moon and ascendent. A full-up reading, including preparation, can take me about 8 hours.

Also, I see you say your main concerns are romance and career. An astrology reading is quite different than a tarot reading in the way it approches issues like this. First, the natal chart tells you about yourself and your potentials. It does NOT answer questions like "will I find a romantic relationship this year?" or even "am I ready for a romantic relationship?". Also, a chart unfolds over time. So observations that you think are not apropriate to you, may become appropriate and even prophetic as you age. With a very young person, such as yourself, there is more emphasis on the moon in the chart and the potentials of the sun and venus (one indicator of relationships) are barely beginning to come into play. Which is a rather long-winded way of saying that the reading you got from Isthmus may be more accurate than you think.

Flidais

wizzle said:
First, the natal chart tells you about yourself and your potentials. It does NOT answer questions like "will I find a romantic relationship this year?" or even "am I ready for a romantic relationship?".
This is an important point. Astrologers look to transits to the natal chart to investigate what might be going on in a particular area of life for you right now or in the future. For example, we can predict accurately when your Saturn return will occur, and discuss what that might mean for you.

Horary astrology is a branch of astrology that is often used to answer "yes-or-no" questions such as "Should I move to Arizona?" Although many of the same principals apply in horary and natal astrology, there are also key differences.

I would agree with others who say that astrology is certainly not less complex than Kabbalah (however it may be spelled!) :)