If you see something REALLY bad coming...

Gracey

Hello,

I am new here. I was just wondering, what do you do if you see in the cards, that something very bad in a person's future?

How do you approach the person? Are you breaking karmic contracts by not allowing them to follow through with the negative event?

If the person wants to change, I guess it is good to help them. If the person is stubborn and does not believe you, then you must let them go on with it, I guess.

I do not know what is the right stance as a tarot-reader, friend, or family member. Each area seems to hold different code of conduct.

My most recent dilemma is with my Mother's reading. I double checked it with other methods as well. Its just bad. I am literally up all night trying to think of ways to protect her, and then I am afraid to make it worse also.

Anyone ever been in this situation? Thank you for your input.

Blessings,
Gracey

WalesWoman

Why don't you post the reading you did in "Your Readings" section. I'm not doubting your take on this, but when we are new to Tarot, have a tendancy to think the worst with some of the cards... and over react to them.

I was in a state of panic most of the time the first year or so that I took up Tarot because of the cards that showed up... sure my world was about to crash around my ears or worse.

If you saw someone in imminent danger... would you not shout a warning? Or would you be afraid that you might scare them if you yelled "Watch out!" and do nothing?

No one wants to be the bearer of bad news... but wouldn't you prefer the option to be aware and able to take preventative precautions, even if you didn't like what you were hearing?

I know nothing about karmic contracts by changing behaviors that might deflect a negative event... would that not also be karmic and ok? LOL Are you asking if giving someone a warning, that it might change your karma? I'd not worry about that part too much... I'd worry that my karma would kick my butt if I didn't act on information and let a bad thing happen more than helping prevent some misfortune to someone I care about.

The bottom line is you have to do what your heart tells you is right.

Gracey

Thank you

Thank You very much for replying!!

In My heart, I will protect my mother at all costs! I just wondered how others felt about warning people of danger. Because some people rebel, and my mom is a bit stubborn. You know, catholic background. I just don't want her to say, "oh thats evil stuff you are telling me, that will not happen!"

Let me come back with the Tarot reading...

If this means anything, it is confirmed in her astrology solar return, my dad's, and mine...that something happens to her. My life pretty much goes down the drain that year (2008), and showing violence to my mother.
Looks like a hostage situation while traveling. Says she'll be religious fanatic that year. She really wants to travel badly too (even talks about it now). Maybe I will post this in astrology forum too.

Anyway, I do not know if when you tell people what not to do, will it stop them, or make the outcome even more iminent?

I would never not take action, or do nothing. I just do not want to be too aggressive in my handeling the situation.

Thank you so much for your wisdom!

Blessings,
Gracey

psychicbody

How do you approach the person? Are you breaking karmic contracts by not allowing them to follow through with the negative event?
I dont believe in Karmic "contracts". If there were such a thing, this form of divination would never be validated, because an outcome would never be avoidable.
Assuming there actually is a "bad" outcome, I think you should be honest and explain it to the person. If you think they are "fragile" then you can simply say there will be a lot of "difficulties" without being morbid.

I'd also be interested to see what the "reading" said.

Ace

I don't believe the future is made already. There is plenty of time for your mom to avert a bad exerience. I would ask the cards, how can this be changed? and then tell your mom about both readings.

I believe that if we see bad news, we need to bring it out. Do it dipolmatically and carefully, but usually people are aware of bad things happening. I have seen pregnancy complications and even a baby dying in utero and both times it has turned out the people already were aware of it. With the baby situation, I asked the cards what I could tell them that would help and they gave me very good advice.
Ace

joya250

Hi Gracey,

I hear your concern over this. And to have it show up in various forms of divination and prediction sounds like it would frighten me as well... but listen, although astrology is fairly accurate... it only shows an ENERGY that will impact your life, but not the litteral manifestation of such. What I mean by this is, let's say I had a planet, say Mars, transiting in a house that affected my physical body (I don't know enough astrology to be real specific here, so bear with me!)... well, there is no doubt that that energy will be present in my life during that time. I do believe that the planets imprint on us when were are born, like a thumbprint, and that continue to influence us throughout our life. But, with knowledge and awareness, one can change exactly HOW this manifests. So, back to the loose example... the energy of Mars may manifest as a car crash (perhaps)... or it could be as simple as just stubbing my toe. Does this make sense? So, although it can be intimidating and seem inevitable... it is really not so black and white. There are various shades of possibility. I think the fact that you are aware of potential "danger"... allows you the freedom of working with how it will actually come about. Nothing is set in stone. ... Ever hear the phenomenon how a butterfly flapping it's wings down in South America can effect a hurricane in another part of the world. (Or something like that.) Everything has an influence... perhaps even your posting this concern alone has influenced the outcome in some way. Keep your head up! :)

I'm going to poke around now to see if I can find if and where you've posted this, as I admit, I am curious.

with care,
joya

tarobones

freedom

I agree that in a very profound way we "make our own future." Our future is created choice by choice in the now, almost like every step we take forges the path ahead. While the tarot, or other forms of divination, speak about present energies, we have the power to move forward through them and we have an intense creative power as humans. We can face the future in peace, knowing we are making the best choices possible in the here and now. Dont' know if this makes sense, but making the best choices possible now is what tarot is all about for me. It helps me choose. Peace and blessings to you............Michael

Flavio

tarobones said:
I agree that in a very profound way we "make our own future." Our future is created choice by choice in the now, almost like every step we take forges the path ahead. While the tarot, or other forms of divination, speak about present energies, we have the power to move forward through them and we have an intense creative power as humans. We can face the future in peace, knowing we are making the best choices possible in the here and now. Dont' know if this makes sense, but making the best choices possible now is what tarot is all about for me. It helps me choose. Peace and blessings to you............Michael
Reporting what you see in the cards to your mother or any other Querent for that matter, you're helping her choose and decide about her in-construction future.

Imagemaker

showing violence to my mother. Looks like a hostage situation while traveling. Says she'll be religious fanatic that year.

When a reading shows danger to a loved one, it is SO difficult to stay open to all the facts instead of assuming the worst.

When I see a "hostage situation while traveling" I wonder if the cards were 8 swords and 6 swords, or were they 8 swords and the Chariot, or some other specific combination by which you drew this conclusion?

The variations and subtles of specific possibilities and events, especially several years in the future, just are not set in stone. If these cards were for tomorrow, then I'd be much more cautious and liable to take direct action.

I've had readings where an excellent reader told me some possibilities and things panned out in an alternative way, but still fit the cards quite clearly.

The main thing is to stay alert and aware as things unfold.

Flidais

In reading these posts, I am reminded strongly of born-again Christians who go about telling everyone they are in danger of going to hell. Why? Because they believe it to be so, and feel it is their duty as a compassionate human being to warn sinners of their fate so they can mend their ways.

Has someone ever approached you with this warning? How did you feel? What was your opinion of the person who gave you this "bad news"?

Just something to consider...