Help in identifying a crystal...

Greywoolfe

Can anyone help me in identifying a mystery tumblestone I picked up a couple of days ago? The shop I bought it from had no labelling on the stone, and the shop assistant had no idea...

It's opaque, and coloured turquoise-blue/green, with a white marbling pattern. I looked in my Crystal Bible, and the most likely candidate was Amazonite, but that apears to be translucent, and this stone clearly (Pardon the pun!) isn't. The patterning is similar to Blue Lace Agate, but the colour is more akin to Turquoise or possibly Malachite, Jade or Chrysoprase in colour as opposed to pale blue. I thought maybe Moss Agate or Green Tree Agate, but the colours for those are much more olive-hued and leafy in tone. Can anyone help- with possible links to pictures that can help me confirm it's identity? It's a really pretty stone, but a complete mystery!

:T2C

Simone

chances are that you bought a Chrysocoll :)

I have one of those in a necklace, and I love that stone, for it's colour and it's texture, as well as the effects it has (throat and heart Chakra)

BodhiSeed

Two of Cups,
Glad you solved the mystery! Enjoy your new stone!
Many Blessings,
Bodhran

wizzle

amazonite

Bodhran,

Glad you identified your stone. That is, indeed, amazonite. It is my favorite of the green healing stones. It's got a much lighter feel than malachite and resonates almost as clearly as emerald (and who can afford a chunk of that?) so that you can put it on any chakra. I wouldn't, myself, put malachite anywhere above the heart chakra.

Enjoy your beautiful stone.