21st March??? (First Day Of Aries)

Lady Tararith

I've heard from people that the 21st March is a special day as it is the first day of the star sign Aries, which is classed as the first sign of the zodiac.

My birthday is the 21st March. Can anyone tell me a little about this day and how it affects my personality?

Sorry about the post, I don't really understand Astrology very well although I find it extremely interesting and read the boards.

Lady Tararith xx

Minderwiz

Hi welcome to the forum.

The first point of Aries, when the Sun moves to 0 degrees, 0 minutes of Aries is the point of the Vernal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere. The Sun moves from below the Equator, where it is in Northern Hemisphere Winter, to the Equator itself, and then will move steadily Northwards till it reaches the Tropic of Cancer (Its most Northerly point and Midsummer's Day)

The day and time on which the Sun reaches 0 degrees Aries, actually varies a little from year to year. Around Seventy years ago the Sun regularly reached this point on March 21st (using GMT time zone) however over the last 50 years or more it reaches The first degree of Aries on March 20th. So the chances are very high that the Sun moved into Aries the day before you were born - though you can probably content yourself by saying that March 21st is the first Full day of Aries. For those born in Australia, the situation can be different with a much better chance of a Vernal Equinox on march 21st local time.

Now as there is some irregularity in this, to be absolutely sure if you can post your birth Year and the time of day when you were born (If you were not born in the UK let me know as that can have a baring on the situation)

Lady Tararith

I was born in England, the year 1987, on a Saturday between 7:00pm and 7:30pm.

Thank you very much for your time.

Lady Tararith x

Minderwiz

Ps

I've just looked up your membership details and have possible good news for you.

In 1987 the Sun did not move into Aries till 03:52 a.m. on March 21st (GMT NOT British Summer Time).

Now if you were born before 04:52 local time (BST) you are a Sun sign Pisces. If you were born after this time you are Aries born on the first day of Aries. But no matter what you were born on the day of the Vernal Equinox.

Minderwiz

I think I posts crossed there. As you were born in the evening you are indeed an Aries born on the day of the Vernal Equinox.

Astrology measures it's Zodiac from the Aries point, so Astrologically speaking, you were born on the first day of the Astrological year. It's one of the 4 key points in the year - the others being the Autumnal Equinox (first degree of Libra) and the Summer and Winter Solstices (o degrees Cancer and 0 degrees Capricorn). These are highly symbolic days.

I'm not able to tell you your Asendant and MC for certain, indeed you could have a combination of three possibles.

Up till sixteen minutes past seven, you would have a Virgo Ascendant and a Gemini MC, betweem then and seventeen minutes past seven you would have a Libra Ascendant and a Gemini MC and from seventeen minutes past seven onwards you would have a Libra Ascendant and a Cancer MC - so now's your time to ask your Mum some questions about timing :)

Lady Tararith

I have asked my mom about the time I was born and she can't remember whether it was 7:00pm or 7:30pm because my sister was born on one of these times too (not the same day, we aren't twins), she can't remember who was born when, LOL.

So as for my exact birth time, it's one or the other: 7:00 or 7:30pm.

Thank you so much for your efforts and time.

Lady Tararith xx

isthmus nekoi

Lady Tararith,

I believe w/your sun in the first decan of Aries (1st 10 degrees), you are more likely to fit the typical description of an Aries. I don't use decans often though, perhaps someone else can chime in?

Minderwiz

Only marginally!

It depends what system of decans (or thirds) you use. Ptolemy attribute rulership to planets rather than signs, - Mars rules the first third (he used the term 'face') - so in the sense that Mars also rules Aries, it is especially powerful in the first third. Vedic Astrologers and some Western Astrologers would use the sequence, Aries, Leo, Sagittarius as the rulership of decans - giving Mars, Sun and Jupiter as the planetary rulers.

Both these systems give rulership of the first decan to the sign ruler, but the second and third decans may yield different 'rulers' under different systems.