What types of stones for PTSS?

PlatinumDove

Anyone have any suggestions for stones to use for PTSS (post traumatic stress syndrome)? I've been starting to recognise the signs in me, since I've dealt with it before, and I've been diagnosed years ago with anxiety disorder.

bleuivy

Hi, PD.

I've recently come in close contact with PTSD/PTSS, and am still dealing with it. It was only after my PTSD symptoms began that I became interested in stones and crystals, so I'm not sure how accurate this is, but here are the stones I was particularly drawn to:

1) Amber. After the accidents, I surrounded myself in amber as much as I could, only owning one pair of amber earings and an amber ring. This stone felt so vibrant to me afterwards; I think this is because it feels like an organic stone more so than the rest because it's origin is in trees. I'm not exactly sure why actually, but I needed amber around me for several weeks, and I still wear my amber ring constantly.

2) Hematite. I carried a hematite pebble with me everywhere, and I would take it out and just hold it when I got a spare moment.

3) Clear quartz. This is one of my favorite stones, and it just made me feel clean to hold it.

4) Citrine or Carnelian. I prefer citrine. There were some days I just didn't want to get out of bed, but I knew I had to. Citrine (and carnelian, but to a lesser extent for me) made me feel all sunny and energized, which I deffinately needed back then.

5) Amethyst. Again, I'm not sure why. It just felt necessary at the time, and it still does.

Interestingly, I was not drawn to rose quartz, which is odd because it feels like such a cozy stone to me, like a roaring fire and a cup of tea type of stone. I think this is because I wasn't feeling anything even remotely close to that at the time, and so the stone just had no effect on me.

Hmmm...looking over my list, I think that the clear quartz and the hematite were probably the most important to me at the time. I don't know how to describe it, but they were just vital to me back then.

Actually, I came to think of amythest, clear quartz, citrine, and hematite as my "power pack" of stones. I still use them quite often. I'm thinking of buying four tiny pebbles - one of each - and a small leather pouch to carry them around in. I would add amber to the pouch, but it feels a bit too fragile, and I have my amber ring, so I don't think it needs to go in the pouch.

I hope this list helps even a tiny bit. Good luck! My thoughts are with you.

DarkElectric

Hi PD :)
I personally love Lapis Lazuli for PTSD. I find it very calming, and it's energy elevates me right out of the anxiety. I wear chip necklaces of the beautiful stuff, such as one would find at mineral shops, or those big gem and mineral shows which are in different areas of the country during the year. Online shopping is good too, just make absolutely sure that what you are getting is genuine Lapis, and not dyed something or other!

Emeraldgirl

Blue stones should be good to help calm your emotions and relieve stress.

PlatinumDove

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll look into it. :)

wizzle

Grounding/soothing/protective

First a caveat to say that everyone is different when it comes to stones, but I'd say you need some warm fuzzies at this time. Sort of "teddy bear" stones that feel like they are hugging you and bringing you back to safety. To me those are the grounding/soothing/protective stones like

jasper
agate
tiger's eye (also energizing)
sunstone
carnelian
hematite
garnet
granite
salt

Personally, blue or purples would open me up too much so I'd avoid them. If you need extra energy, then clear or citrine quartz is good. I've included salt because it closes psychic centers and you've probably overloaded those. A dab on your tongue when you get anxious will help. Of that list, I find jasper and granite the most comforting, but we are all different, as I said. Granite is a mix of minerals and that seems especially beneficial to me when trying to get back on track. Also, don't overlook iron which is both grounding and protective. You can burn a candle in an iron holder and do some cooking in iron pans, if you have them.

All the best.