Chart Comparisons - Feedback Please!

GoddessArtemis

I've been active on the Tarot boards but hardly here. I've studied astrology on and off, but never in depth because it's been too confusing for me thus far. I need some help deciphering me and my significant other's charts...help with things like squares, conjunctions, etc. I'm also curious to see if challenges between us can be seen in the charts and how true to form the astrological aspects will be to real life.

Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

GA

**My Chart:
Planetary positions
planet sign degree house motion
Sun Pisces 17°16'20 05 direct
Moon Sagittarius 11°11'03 02 direct
Mercury Aries 03°24'09 05 direct
Venus Taurus 00°41'11 07 direct
Mars Taurus 17°15'15 07 direct
Jupiter Capricorn 04°53'19 03 direct
Saturn Gemini 00°47'23 08 direct
Uranus Libra 17°28'28 12 retrograde
Neptune Sagittarius 05°15'21 02 stationary (R)
Pluto Libra 01°04'30 11 retrograde
True Node Aquarius 04°15'27 04 retrograde

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Scorpio 00°09'31
2nd House Scorpio 28°41'25
3rd House Capricorn 00°23'59
Imum Coeli Aquarius 04°09'07
5th House Pisces 06°55'18
6th House Aries 05°50'51
Descendant Taurus 00°09'31
8th House Taurus 28°41'25
9th House Cancer 00°23'59
Medium Coeli Leo 04°09'07
11th House Virgo 06°55'18
12th House Libra 05°50'51

Major aspects
Sun Square Moon 6°05
Sun Sextile Mars 0°01
Sun Quincunx Uranus 0°12
Moon Trine Mercury 7°47
Moon Sextile Uranus 6°17
Moon Conjunction Neptune 5°56
Mercury Square Jupiter 1°29
Mercury Sextile Saturn 2°37
Mercury Trine Neptune 1°51
Mercury Opposition Pluto 2°20
Venus Trine Jupiter 4°12
Venus Quincunx Pluto 0°23
Venus Opposition Ascendant 0°32
Mars Quincunx Uranus 0°13
Jupiter Square Pluto 3°49
Jupiter Sextile Ascendant 4°44
Saturn Opposition Neptune 4°28
Saturn Trine Pluto 0°17
Saturn Quincunx Ascendant 0°38
Neptune Sextile Pluto 4°11

**Her Chart:
Planetary positions
planet sign degree house motion
Sun Sagittarius 23°06'23 11 direct
Moon Taurus 19°03'48 04 direct
Mercury Capricorn 02°25'29 12 direct
Venus Scorpio 10°04'44 09 direct
Mars Gemini 22°55'04 05 retrograde
Jupiter Aries 14°47'37 02/3 direct
Jupiter is technically near the end of house 2 and is interpreted in house 3.
Saturn Leo 02°06'35 07 retrograde
Uranus Scorpio 05°41'52 09 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 11°56'27 11 direct
Pluto Libra 11°27'04 08 direct
True Node Scorpio 21°35'05 10 direct

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Capricorn 25°51'58
2nd House Pisces 07°09'56
3rd House Aries 15°33'25
Imum Coeli Taurus 15°24'06
5th House Gemini 09°21'06
6th House Cancer 01°24'14
Descendant Cancer 25°51'58
8th House Virgo 07°09'56
9th House Libra 15°33'25
Medium Coeli Scorpio 15°24'06
11th House Sagittarius 09°21'06
12th House Capricorn 01°24'14

Major aspects
Sun Opposition Mars 0°11
Moon Trine Ascendant 6°48
Mercury Quincunx Saturn 0°19
Mercury Sextile Uranus 3°16
Venus Conjunction Uranus 4°23
Mars Quincunx Ascendant 2°57
Jupiter Trine Neptune 2°51
Jupiter Opposition Pluto 3°21
Saturn Square Uranus 3°35
Neptune Sextile Pluto 0°29

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/GoddessArtemis1/CHARTS/SynastryChart.gif

I'll be happy to provide feedback, if anyone likes!

GA

dadsnook2000

Some simple guidelines

GoddessArtemis, there are a few things to consider before you start upon a direct comparison of charts. While one chart is complex, two charts are more than twice as complex -- so, we need to have an understanding of what to look for before we just jump in.

First, we have to know ourselves. Looking at your natal chart for the purpose of understanding a relationship is different from just doing a natal chart study. You have to understand and look for several things:
1) What is your personality, astrologically. This involves the Sun-Moon phase, the Sun and Moon in their houses (as to how you prefer to express their energies), the Ascendant by sign and by any close aspects to planets (for how you present yourself).
2) What are you looking for in a relationship? The 7th house and any planets therein (for expectations), the Moon by sign and house (for basic needs).
3) What are your relationship and sexual attitudes? The Mars-Venus phase, Mars and Venus in their houses, Mercury by house. These will help define your "poise" (Mars-Venus), your perceptive processes (Mercury). Also the aspects to/from these planets.
4) What has been your family structure while growing up? How will this affect the way you run your "home" and the male-female roles? This revolves around the MC-IC axis, the signs, rulers and planets therein.

These approaches help us to understand ourselves as individuals, as to our expectations of others, our basic needs, the ways we handle the male-female roles, the family upbringing and its intrusion into a new "family" structure.

Second, we have to do the same thing for the partner.

Third, we have to consider what type of relationship-synastry-composit view we want to explore. We can use any/all of the following types of charts or approaches to chart interaction:
5) Synastry involves a direct comparison of aspect connections between the charts and consideration of where the other persons individual planets fall into our chart's house structure. For example, our Venus may be square the partner's Saturn -- what does this mean? His Saturn may be in a house that is trine your Saturn's house -- what might that mean? How would you summarize this?
6) Composit charting is interesting. This involves finding the mid-points between each pair of planets and angles, and then constructing a chart based on those midpoints. For example, if your Ascendant was 2 Aries and your partner's Ascendant was 2 Gemini, the composite Ascendant would be at 2 Taurus. You do the same for everything in the two charts. What you get is a chart that describes how the two of you acting as a couple will express your coupleness. This is just one aspect of the relationship.
7) Event charting is another alternative when there is a distinct and meaninful event that marks the start of the relationship or something that has strongly shaped the relationship -- a first meeting, an engagement, a wedding, etc.

So, with all of that said, you have to ask yourself about what you are seeking to understand, how skilled or persistant you are in astrology, how much time do you have to devote to this project, what kind of help might you need in this exploration, and where will you find the scope of support for those portions of the task that you cannot do? Or, do you seek just a glib comment or two? Astrology is not as simple to get into as is the Tarot, but you can use it simply or deeply once you understand the basics. Dave

isthmus nekoi

Hey Goddess Artemis,

Great to see you over on the purple boards ;) Please note that I've just implemented new guidelines over reading requests:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=38383

If you have any questions, pls feel free to PM me or paradoxx.

GoddessArtemis

Dave:

I'd forgotten I posted this thread. :)

I agree with your input and I have already done the composite and synastry charts. I haven't done the event-based chart, but there are so many events, I don't know where to begin.

I already know the pitfalls of the planetary placements between me and my s.o.'s. I know about the squaring Venus placements, the harmonious Sun/Moon and rising placements, and the very..VERY difficult Mercury interaction between our charts.

I guess I want someone else to tell me something new that I haven't read/researched/studied. Anything that catches the eye, perhaps. Something that stands out, maybe?

GA

dadsnook2000

For GA

There are times when my Astrology seems to be classed as "intuitive". The very first thing that struck me, and which you might want to consider, is that you have your Ascendant opposite Venus, while your partner has Ascendant opposite Saturn. You both see partners in different lights, why do you think this may be?

Your partner's Saturn is square Venus and Uranus while your Saturn opposes Neptune and (widely) the Moon. How do these individually play out?

Your Sun-Moon phase says you are open, demonstrate a commitment to the future, are inspiring and are direct in following your plans. Your partner struggles to find methods that meet needs, is trying always to find a shorter or faster way to get things done. What, in these basic types, attracts one to the other?

It might be tha these few questions might define for you the relationship as well as the individual key differences in how you each operate. Dave