Reaction on animals or insect when it see a tarot card.

Ho Kok Hong

I was having fun with my friends and one of them had caught a grass-hopper, he let it stay on his fingerand I expect it will jump away but it didn't.
At that time, I had finnished playing tarot cards with someone and I noticed 'The Lover' was on the lowest on my deck. I was thinking of playing a trick so I tried to find a bad card for it. When I picked up the 'Eight of Sword', It jumped away. They caught it again and I put 'The Lover' back again, it became calm and keep staying on my friend's finger. Then, I took the 'Five of Wands', it became nervous and hesitate, It jumped away again. I redo my last step and they caught it again. This time, I took out 'Two of Disk'
, it go near the card and keep looking on it, then I change it into the 'Five of Cups' ,it jumped on the card and then jumped away. We all looked in astonishment.
So, anyone got comments on such things?

floracove

Comments?

Go get a cat and a dog, do the same thing, then come back and let us know their reaction...

*smiles*

Virgowitch

lol!
oh my god! thats really interesting. hhmmmm....i think ill try it with my mums cat. Shes pretty old(18 yrs) and she has that 'wise and old' aura around her, so perhaps that will work.
by the way, what does the grasshopper simbolize? anyone know?? and i think it is really interesting that a smaller animal would react- perhaps it was a shapeshifting faery of somesort...
: ) monique

PlatinumDove

My kittens don't have any reaction except to come explore all the cards when I'm trying to do a reading. They just love it when I take out the deck.

Cerulean

Someone said that animals are quite instinctively 'barometers'

or responsive to atmosphere or people in ways that are hard for most people to see. I'm curious if what I'm thinking might make sense to your question.

If you and friends might have had a reaction to positive, changeable or negative cards--even the most delicate tremor--I could picture a grasshopper responding to the sensitivity of your fingers and vibrational touch.

The dog that I know best right now, for instance is a larger--and depending on breed--unique sort of reactor to the humans around them. My sister-in-law's lab is part pup, part-mommy to the youngest kid. He doesn't have tarot cards, but when he has a book or something, she has a playful urge to nudge such things away from him. She's seen me with cards and other things, but she generally rolls at my feet and wants to mouth my shoes and sandels. Or she sits on my feet. She figures when I have a book or cards, I won't play with her.

She remembers my husband as 'the biggest doggie in the room' and will first bow, invite him to play, then bump her head against anything he has in hands if it's not her...they have a funny hand-touch-kind of game. If I hand him my cards, she inclines her head at him and me, hoping he'll drop the cards and play with her.

mythos

My cat ... may he rest in peace .... I do miss him ... always found a spread a wonderful opportunity to leap from the arm of the chair onto the table and slide through the spread. Mind you, any time he thought that I was taking less interest in him than he deemed that he deserved, he would do something equally dramatic.

My dog 'stole' my Animal Medicine cards while I answered the phone. It was on the day that I bought them and I was having my first look-see. I finally found them scattered in a rough circle on the grass in the back yard with the dog lying in the centre, tongue-lolling, a monster smile on her face. She ignores tarot though.

Is it meaningful? ... maybe-maybe not ... but makes for a funny story. She has not taken any notice of the Animal Medicine cards since, and that was a decade ago.

mythos:)

jules

My kitten loves the oppurtunity to roll in my deck, while i am doing a reading she will push over the pile of leftover cards and roll all over them!!
A friend of mine has a kitten the same age, she has the goddess tarot and her kitten can pick out her namesake (isis) which i think is pretty cool :)