Attuned - A moon cycle deck

Sulis

Hi Folks,

I've just been looking at this deck after reading a review of it on Tarot Passages.
It says that it's a tarot deck but it looks much more like an oracle to me.
Goddess inspired cards meant for meditation and affirmation.
The artwork is beautiful.
Does anyone have this deck? What do you think of it?

Here's a link to the artists site where all of the cards can be seen: http://www.ampersandimaging.com/index.html

And a link to the review on Tarot Passages: http://www.tarotpassages.com/Pages2/attuned-va.htm

Love

Sulis xx

Kyrielle

I have it!

Definitely not a Tarot, although there is a Sun, Moon, and Star. Only 28 cards. I would call it an oracle deck.

Most of the pictures are great, but there are a couple I do not like (the Sun, Expression). The deck comes with a fold-out brochure of the card meanings. One of my favorite cards is Luna, which shows a woman who is sort of half-human, half double-bass. She is playing the instrument part of herself, and the meaning has to do with "tuning in" to yourself and the universe. The meanings of many of the other cards are self-explanatory. The card titles are almost all keywords (Harvest, Birth, Abandon, Sensuality).

Stars, moons, swirling lines, birds, leaves, fruit, flowers,and vines are common images. Several cards feature people becoming objects, or objects becoming other objects...a lot of ambiguity of form. In Muse, a nude woman plays a guitar between her legs, and the sound hole of the guitar can be taken to be her vagina. Great symbolism of artistic creation. Several cards have musical imagery.

A suggested exercise is to draw one card every day of your cycle, setting each daily card aside so you are eventually left with a single card on the final day. There are 28 cards, for the 28 days of the moon cycle. It is apparently assumed that a woman's personal cycle will line up as well.

I would guess men would find little to relate to in this deck. The only definitely male image I could find in any card was in the Lovers. There are a couple ambiguously gendered figures, but the vast majority are females, many nude, in a multitude of colors including green, purple, and blue.

I find for divination it works best with a one-card draw. It is also very nice for meditation. Anything more than one card at a time stretches my ability to appreciate the message. The cards are about four by six inches, so there is plenty of image to study.

It's a little expensive for 28 cards, and the card stock is on the thin side, but it is worth it for the quality of the art.

Kyrielle

Sulis

Thanks Kyrielle,

I really like what I've seen of it on-line.

The only other oracle I have that I use occasionally is the Goddess Oracle.

I think I may have to order this one - I love the musical theme on a lot of the cards - I think they would be very good for daily draws and also for meditation.

Love

Sulis xx