north/south node and past lives

sarai21

Hello-
I'm a novice astrologer who has pretty much mastered the basics. I am now starting to branch out a little and am wondering if anyone has anything to say about the nodes and past lives. I am mostly wondering about connections with others and how to figure out (via synastry) what influences/relationships they may have had in previous lives etc. Are nodes even the right source for this information?
Any thoughts/opinions would be gretly appreciated!

Moongold

There is a very good book by Jan Spiller called Spiritual Astrology . However this is more directed at those who wish to obtain some sense of spiritual direction from their North node position.

Although I have read that sometimes souls elect to be born in the same family group how to work out whether this has occurred is completely beyond me ( and most people) I think!

I will watch this thread with interest!

Moongold

purplefishy

I'm only vaguely aware of what North/South nodes mean or represent, so the links helped me to a certain extent. My North node is in Leo, but I'm still puzzled as to what on earth I'd be doing with that as a Pisces.

dadsnook2000

For sarai21

sarai21, your question cannot be answered with specific details. Since very few of us remember any of our past lives, everything we, or anyone says, is likely to be highly speculative. I'll share what I believe is worth investigating based on my own experiences.

NORTH NODE
This is supposed to be a significator (by angle, house, sign or conjunction) of what you need to work on in this life time. This implies that 1) you didn't do well in this area previously and that you need to add experience from this area in order to balance-out your spiritual growth, 2) you are progressing in your development and this is your next "assignment."

SOUTH NODE
This is supposed to indicate capabilities that you have already developed and which you may fall back upon as a strength or resource if you need them.

MOST RECENT PAST LIFE
When we learn about cycles and phases, the very basic building blocks of astrology, we learn that new cycles begin with conjunctions -- and that the "preparation" phase is when a cycle is passing thru its 12th house. On this basis, it would seem that your previous life experience may have had an ascendant sign prior to your present one. If so, the next logical question is, "what planets were where?" This is, in essence, the same as asking about "where and when."

This is were it gets beyond "rules" and into common sense and speculation -- if that pair of words can be combined in any way. Saturn is known as father time. Pluto is the planet of "transformation." What relationship are those two planets in now? Cycle-wise, what was their last major aspect point in terms of house and sign?

In your head, place your SUN at that point -- the last aspect point of Saturn and Pluto prior to your birth. The Sun is an "integrative" factor. What does this "tentative" Sun placement feel like if it was part of your present chart? Could you live with it, can you imagine living with it?

Relative to this tentative Sun placement, place Pluto in the same relative position to your present Sun to this tentative/speculative Sun placement. By its sign/degree placement, you should be able to look up in an ephemeris or by computer program to see when Pluto was at that point (this will give you a year or perhaps two different years) and the Sun position will give you a day within that year. Now do a rough chart with your current 12th house sign as the new Ascendant sign and then meditate upon it.

Its all a logical game. You will probably, over several weeks, be able to identify with some portions of the speculative chart. Thoughts and alternative ideas may develop for you which might lead you to alternative times/places and charts. At least you are on your way. Good luck and stay in touch. Dave

noby

Moongold said:
There is a very good book by Jan Spiller called Spiritual Astrology . However this is more directed at those who wish to obtain some sense of spiritual direction from their North node position.

I think you are probably talking about Spiller's Astrology for the Soul. I looked up Spiritual Astrology on Amazon and it doesn't mention the nodes on the back or in the contents, whereas Astrology for the Soul is exclusively about the nodes.

My North Node is in Cancer, and reading the chapter on North Node Cancers in Astrology for the Soul hit so close to home it made me cry.

Deszroo

purplefishy...there are probably dozens of indicators of how your Pisces connects to your moons nodes. In one sense the Sun is ruler of Leo...the ruling planet for your NN leo is Sun..and one would look to the sign the Sun occupies...in your case Pisces. So perhaps a Piscean spin on that NNode afterall. Both Pisces and Leo can be involved in arts and creative endeavors. The axis of Pisces/ Virgo and Leo/Aquarius are all idealistic and/or seek perfection in some way. What we usually learn about astrology much less the moons nodes via modern interpretions can be very interesting and revealing in study from the older astrological interpretive standpoints..e.g Leo seen as barren sign is not one some traditionalist astrologers had looked at as creative per say. Its a lot to look into so its a step at a time...but it can't hurt to look into what house axis are your moons nodes?. Where is the moon in your chart by house, sign,?...what are the aspects to your moon?..and so forth

Desz

Moongold

noby said:
I think you are probably talking about Spiller's Astrology for the Soul. I looked up Spiritual Astrology on Amazon and it doesn't mention the nodes on the back or in the contents, whereas Astrology for the Soul is exclusively about the nodes.

My North Node is in Cancer, and reading the chapter on North Node Cancers in Astrology for the Soul hit so close to home it made me cry.
You are quite right, Noby. I often get these two books confused.

Here is a link to Jan Spiller's web site as well.

Moongold

Sophie

This is a site that gives succinct explanations of south & north nodes, without giving preference to one over the other. I'm also a novice, and it made perfect sense to me:

http://north-node.com/astrology-tutorials/nodes

What I found interesting was the idea of the south node as the zone of desire, and the north node, the way to fulfill that desire, which experientially I find very true. I have a Scorpio South Node in the 6th house and a Taurus North Node in the 12th house (strange to think of Taurus and 12th house together, but there you go...).

Moongold

Helvetica ~

I am the same as you - Taurus North Node and Scorpio South Node. Spiller's book had very powerful resonance with me. I think it is a must have for people interested in the Nodes. :)

Moongold