PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thoth Thread

srgnosis
16-09-2005, 01:36
Yesterday, I was able to post to the Daily thoth Thread. Now I can't even find what Forum it's on.

Evidently, my permission to post on spreads and another forum is also revoked.

What happened? Did I just get given permissions I shouldn't, or has the forum changed?

gregory
16-09-2005, 01:55
I'm not in IT support or anything but you made me curious. It's here all right, though I didn't try to post..... But I think the Your Readings forums require a subscription or quite a few posts (50) - you only have 7 - best post a whole lot more ! See this rules thread ! I think you got in via a glitch !

darwinia
16-09-2005, 02:21
I can see the point of the 50-post rule for exchanging readings or asking for help on readings, but it doesn't seem to make sense for a daily reading for yourself.

As far as I know, there is no way to differentiate between readings threads and daily readings for oneself because they're all in the same forum. The only way to solve such a thing might be to split off daily reading threads into their own forum with different rules.

I don't know if that would be feasible, but it might make sense in the long run as I see several threads with daily card pulls, ruminations, and discussion that are not full readings exchanged between people, and hence don't really need this 50-post rule.

Marion? Solandia? What do you think?

Alta
16-09-2005, 02:42
Yes, that is a difficult one. The rule was not put in place specifically for the Daily threads. It is not suitable Reading Exchange (which also has a limit you have not met yet) since there is no exchange, and it seems odd to create another Forum. The Dailies do belong in Your readings.
Sorry, you will have to wait for the elapsed period and number of posts. This is not a huge requirement. :)

Edited to add: the rule was changed just in the last few hours, which is why you could access the Forum earlier.

srgnosis
16-09-2005, 02:49
That's why I was confused. Stuff changes as fast.

So, where can I monitor my post count? And, do these posts count? :-)

Alta
16-09-2005, 02:52
The post count is right under your avatar, third line down. As of this moment, you have 8.

srgnosis
16-09-2005, 02:56
Yup, just saw it, right before you posted. Thanks for all your help.