PDA

View Full Version : New requirements for Your Readings

Alta
16-09-2005, 01:45
###NEW### Rules for Your Readings Forum

Rules for the Your Readings Forum

1. Members must have belonged to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum for 30 days and have completed 50 posts, or be subscribers.

2. List the question/situation first. Long or short as you see fit, but orient the readers to what was going on.

3. Then, list the deck and the cards drawn, with positional indicators.

4. ALWAYS indicate what the position means before telling us what card you got, even if the spread is as well known as the Celtic Cross.

5. Add your own thoughts after this. Many readers don't want to have extraneous ideas before they interpret. They will read what you said afterwards, but if you mix the whole things together it is hard to respond easily.

6. However, it is requested that you always give your own interpretation, even if you have ideas on only some of the cards. This Forum is a learning environment and give and take are necessary for us to improve as readers.

Simply posting the cards will be interpreted as asking for a free reading and your thread may be deleted.

7. Be courteous, even if you disagree with a take on your cards. Many are in (early) learning mode; however, each reader contributes from a base of life experiences as well as an individualized understanding of the cards.

Thank you for your cooperation. We wish for this to be a true learning Forum.

Moderators of Your Readings

MeeWah
Moonbow*
Marion.

Iona
16-09-2005, 04:08
I'm not exactly a new member but I have never post a message because I don't have much to say and I'm kind of English-shy :).
I've been visiting the 'Your readings' forum quite a lot lately, trying to learn from others' readings but if I understood correctly I can't do that anymore because I need to have more than 50 posts before I can do that again. Well, here goes my first post- 49 left... ;o)

Edit: Ahem...sorry, I thought I was in 'new members' forum.

tmgrl2
16-09-2005, 04:46
Well done....good guidelines...

thank you!

terri

okieinalaska
16-09-2005, 04:51
I'm not exactly a new member but I have never post a message because I don't have much to say and I'm kind of English-shy :).
I've been visiting the 'Your readings' forum quite a lot lately, trying to learn from others' readings but if I understood correctly I can't do that anymore because I need to have more than 50 posts before I can do that again. Well, here goes my first post- 49 left... ;o)

Edit: Ahem...sorry, I thought I was in 'new members' forum.

Iona, it won't take long. And your english is very good. Jump right in and you will have 50 before you know it. : )

Amy

Qofcups
16-09-2005, 07:51
ah, so this is why I could only see my own posts. Time to be more vocal.