Why am I surrounded by Scorpios??? :O

Kittaine

I'm a sun sign Virgo...

I just noticed a strange pattern going on in my life...

It's that...everyone I'm close to is a Scorpio...

My best friend in high school is a Scorpio...

My close friend in college, Scorpio...

A close chatmate from Malaysia, Scorpio...

Even the guy I used to be obsessed with who started stalking me afterwards is a Scorpio.

The interesting thing is, I didn't have to pursue them. Yes, I was drawn to them. But I guess they were drawn to me as well. We just kind of flowed.

So now my question is...What are all these Scorpios doing around me? What are your thoughts on this? Yes, I'm an earth sign and it's just natural for me to draw water signs, but why Scorpios specifically? Do you notice similar patterns in your life? Please share it with us!

paradoxx

The obvious answer is that the glyphs for scorpio and virgo are complementry, representing teh male and female energies.

There may also be soem powerful scorpio in your chart, if your rising sign is Virgo, then your third house of communication is scorpio, at the base of your chart. If your rising isgn is pisces, then socprio is at the top of the chart overlooking everything.

Not to forget that socprio in your own chart is ruled by a specific house ruler (3rd house=merucry, 4th house=moon, 5th house=sun). Your house ruler could also be strongly activated (a strong scorpio psychic trait) by the solar scorpios degree.

As for Scorpios in my own life, I know plenty (and I am a rising virgo, with socprio in my 3rd house), so I tend to communicate with them in my own way. But unlike a Solar virgo, a very powerful counterpart to Scorpio, I am a solar Gemini, the mercurial counter to Virgo all together. My reactions to scorpio do seem very superficial, unable to penetrate their deeper body. But every ripple is as equal to the heaviest stone, or the settling sand, and both impact in ways that are permanant in the devolopment of scorpio, who can be very sensitive in their development.

Kittaine

I'm sorry...I don't understand >_< My knowledge of astrology is practically next to nothing.

paradoxx said:
The obvious answer is that the glyphs for scorpio and virgo are complementry, representing teh male and female energies.

What is a glyph?

paradoxx said:
There may also be soem powerful scorpio in your chart, if your rising sign is Virgo, then your third house of communication is scorpio, at the base of your chart. If your rising isgn is pisces, then socprio is at the top of the chart overlooking everything.

According to astrology.com, my rising sign is Scorpio...but how would that help explain the abundance of Scorpios in my life?

paradoxx said:
Not to forget that socprio in your own chart is ruled by a specific house ruler (3rd house=merucry, 4th house=moon, 5th house=sun). Your house ruler could also be strongly activated (a strong scorpio psychic trait) by the solar scorpios degree.

Are you basing this on my own chart? Gah..Sorry, I know I'm asking dumb questions already...

feticeira

Third house of communication! Thank you paradoxx, you have just solved the mystery of why libras are absolutely everywhere I look!
Kittaine, you´ll get the hang of it, meanwhile look up on more of the information paradoxx gave you, he made some excellent points there. I´d love to help, but I´m still at a stage with astrology where things make sense only in head and putting them into words is just baffling. Best of luck!

paradoxx

rising sign scorpio, channeling the power of transformation to bring about a new day.

Combined with solar scorpios, there is the feeling a being renewed in your presence. Your solar virgo brings stabiliy and order to the world of the solar scorpio, who feels a naturla connection to you, Kittaine. The dynamics of a solar and rising scorpio is reinfoced by your solar virgo energies, you abosorb the scorpios presence (but I bet even your closest scorpios don't always like eachother.).

Kittaine

paradoxx said:
rising sign scorpio, channeling the power of transformation to bring about a new day.

Combined with solar scorpios, there is the feeling a being renewed in your presence. Your solar virgo brings stabiliy and order to the world of the solar scorpio, who feels a naturla connection to you, Kittaine. The dynamics of a solar and rising scorpio is reinfoced by your solar virgo energies, you abosorb the scorpios presence (but I bet even your closest scorpios don't always like eachother.).

Haha, thanks for the explanation, paradoxx! Also I've found that, while all the others are scared of me or are intimidated by me, it's the solar Scorpios that seem to stick around. I don't know why I even scare some people. Solar Virgos aren't supposed to give off that aura. That's one of the reasons why I want to study my own astrological chart. I wanna see WHERE I went "wrong" as a sun sign Virgo.

But thank goodness for the Scorpios who're always there. Hehehe!

Kittaine

feticeira said:
Third house of communication! Thank you paradoxx, you have just solved the mystery of why libras are absolutely everywhere I look!
Kittaine, you´ll get the hang of it, meanwhile look up on more of the information paradoxx gave you, he made some excellent points there. I´d love to help, but I´m still at a stage with astrology where things make sense only in head and putting them into words is just baffling. Best of luck!

Thanks for the encouragement! hehehe! Hopefully I'll reach a higher level of understanding someday! Then we can talk about it more easily!

Kittaine

paradoxx said:
As for Scorpios in my own life, I know plenty (and I am a rising virgo, with socprio in my 3rd house), so I tend to communicate with them in my own way. But unlike a Solar virgo, a very powerful counterpart to Scorpio, I am a solar Gemini, the mercurial counter to Virgo all together. My reactions to scorpio do seem very superficial, unable to penetrate their deeper body. But every ripple is as equal to the heaviest stone, or the settling sand, and both impact in ways that are permanant in the devolopment of scorpio, who can be very sensitive in their development.

Thank you for this addition, paradoxx. It makes me understand better. Hmm...So what I'm getting from this is...while you interact quite well with solar Scorpios, it's not usual for you to have a deep, spiritual connection to them.

While I tend to attract and be attracted to Scorpios on a mystical level, I don't always get along with them. It's true, they're not very easy to deal with. They tend to be so touchy! But with my Scorpio relationships, we always end up overlooking our differences in a "natural", seemingly effortless way. No one really makes a move for reconciliation; somehow we just magically "forgive" and "forget" past transgressions. I need them and they know they need me. :D Hehehe.

Maybe other aspects in my chart can help explain this? I posted a separate thread for it.

Thanks for your thoughts on this, Paradoxx!

lonefrontranger

armchair theory

Hi Kittaine,

not to jump in, but I've developed something of an armchair theory on this phenomenon. This may be utterly off-track, but what I've experienced throughout my life is this: especially during periods of change, turmoil and/or great personal growth, I have typically been 'surrounded', as you say, by numerous individuals of the same sign. My own interpretation of this is that when it occurs, it could be that the Universe is telling me I've got a lesson to learn that will be taught by whatever that sign has on offer. Or, possibly, they are there to provide some sort of interface, or even a karmic leg up that I'm particularly in need of at that moment.

It sounds as though you are newly independent from your parents, perhaps just fresh off to university. Back when I was that age, it seemed nearly all my friends, my boyfriend, roommates, the colleagues I best related to, et cetera, was a sun sign Gemini. I was a lonely, serious child, the sort adults remarked of as 'fifteen-going-on-forty'. As a young adult, I believe the lesson I needed at the time was to stop taking myself so seriously and lighten up a little (actually, a lot). And that, of course, was something all those Gemini personalities gleefully and enthusiastically encouraged me to do. It's hard to be a wet blanket when you're the one wearing the lampshade.

Several years ago, after a sudden and nasty divorce, it seemed like I was hit with a barrage of Scorpios. In hindsight, their introspective nature, sensitivity, calm reserve, and willingness to respect my emotional and personal boundaries was exactly what I needed during that time of turmoil and heartbreak.

Recently I've been surrounded by Cancerians, culminating in my fiance', whose Cancer sun / Leo moon / Gemini ASC seems to balance my Leo sun / Scorpio moon / Aquarius ASC rather well, all things considered. Going out on a limb, I'd have to say that the lesson I've been absorbing from all this is to temper the aggressive, intense, harsh and clinical aspects in my own chart with femininity, compassion and intuition, so as to achieve a better balance. It took my (male) fiance' to bring this to the surface, ironically enough, but the sign of Cancer does represent things such as motherhood, home, family, security, and other 'feminine' concerns.

Hope this helps shed a little light on the path.

Asiyah

Wow! I too am surrounded by Scorpios! and Tauruses (Taurusi? Taureans?) I'm a Virgo Sun and Moon with a Cancer rising. I just thought it was a coincidence.... Thanks for the information. Now I want to learn more!