PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing posts

tigerlily
22-06-2002, 01:08
I post, I get an ok message, I can even read my post at the end of the thread. Then, after five minutes, I return to the thread and my post is gone! At first I thought that it was removed by a moderator (although I wouldn't know why; I'm almost never nasty ;) ), but this time the moderators weren't even logged in. So if it's not the moderator, who's eating my posts???
<looking under the table for the aeclectic beast ...>

tigerlily
22-06-2002, 01:26
Well, my World Cup post reappeared (much to the dismay of everyone who didn't want to know the score beforehand :| ), but my other post seems to be lost permanently. Well, it's a mystery <shrug>

aeonx
24-06-2002, 20:20
tigerlily: I know the moderators are removing entire threads on the board, doing a little clean-up. I'm not sure if this is the case here though...

~aeonx~

Solandia
24-06-2002, 23:29
Tigerlily, when that sort of thing happens, the first thing to try is refreshing the page, by pressing Ctrl and the Refresh button in your browser. Of the message that was lost, could you tell me exactly when you were trying to post and in which forum?

In regards to the forum clean-up, the moderators are only deleting threads about post counts after they have become inactive. Moderators almost never delete individual messages from a thread.

~ Solandia

tigerlily
25-06-2002, 08:07
Hi,
I rediscovered both of my "lost" posts. They had not reappeared after refreshing the page, but only after a few *hours*. I would have thought of a technical glitch, if they had not first appeared regularly at the end of the thread and *then* disappeared.

But since they came back, I guess it's only mysterious and not annoying LOL...

Sam
08-07-2002, 11:38
Originally posted by tigerlily
I post, I get an ok message, I can even read my post at the end of the thread. Then, after five minutes, I return to the thread and my post is gone!
when this happens click the "reload, or refresh" button on your browser window.

jade
15-07-2002, 05:22
my web people (where i hve my website) say that sometimes your server can't read the new page so they show you the old one, even though the new one is there. they go into a sorta 'memory' mode.

perhaps this is happening for you.

in light,
jade :D