Tarot, Kabbalah, and the Monopoly boardgame

Mabuse

There are exactly 22 properties on the Monopoly gameboard! Has anyone actually used a Monopoly game for divination? I'm speaking specifically of cartomancy involving those deed title cards in Monopoly. Can one assign a correspondence between the title cards of Monopoly to the Majors of the Tarot deck or to the letters of the Hebrew alphabet?

Cerulean

I tried to find the original title cards...

this is from the 1934 game of Monopoly...

http://www.adena.com/adena/mo/mo25.htm

Which version of the game...oh, never mind, I found a list of the properties to start...Boardwalk is the most expensive? Perhaps for the Emporer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly_(game)#Properties_in_detail

I think it's a neat idea...perhaps for Tarot games and fun?

Cerulean

Mabuse

and the 4 railroads to the 4 elements!

This is the original Darrow version, but it's actually NOT the first of it's type. Monopoly was actually plagiarised from an earlier title invented by a Quaker woman called "The Landlord's Game"

With all the various themed editions from Star Wars to the Simpsons, I'm surprised the Parker Bros/Hasbro hasn't released a Tarot themed Monopoly.

Mabuse

also

the 16 chance and community chest cards correspond nicely with the court cards.

hedgecub

Mabuse said:
With all the various themed editions from Star Wars to the Simpsons, I'm surprised the Parker Bros/Hasbro hasn't released a Tarot themed Monopoly.

Gosh, with all these correspondences we're finding, perhaps we really should petition Hasbro to publish Taropoly, in co-operation with Llewellyn or US Games Systems. :) It could be the Fool's Journey in boardgame format! The playing pieces could be a sword, a wand, a cup, a pentacle, a deck of cards, and a tarot reader! The cards could be illustrated with images from actual decks! Just think of the possibilities! :D

Grigori

Mabuse that is awesome! I want one, I want one, I want one.

Where was that petition?

weaver

similia said:
Mabuse that is awesome! I want one, I want one, I want one.

Where was that petition?
I want one, too! It is fantastic, Mabuse! BTW...Where is the petition?! This is an incredible concept!

weaver

Rusty Neon

22, 16, 4

All the coincidental (or not) relationships with tarot are fascinating. Is there anything in the Monopoly board game that corresponds to the number 78?

tieduptinkerbell

as if...

thats just so unfair!

hmmmmm.

and I think boardwalk would be The World....grins

Mabuse said:
This is the original Darrow version, but it's actually NOT the first of it's type. Monopoly was actually plagiarised from an earlier title invented by a Quaker woman called "The Landlord's Game"