Migraines and Crystals - How to?

bleuivy

So I've read a couple of threads that discuss migraines and crystals, and how some crystals can be used to remove a migraine from someone's body, but I haven't been able to find any threads on how to do this.

I get horrible migraines, and I hate throwing medicine at them all the time. I'd love to try using a stone or crystal to get rid of a few.

The stone that seems to be calling to me to do this is Tiger's Eye, but I also think Lapis might work, which is odd because those two stones are nothing alike, lol.

So, how do you guys use crystals and stones to deal with migraines?

Any help you guys could offer would be SO greatly appreciated. :)

Red Emma

Migrains and crystals

I'll be very interested in the replies to this thread. I'm never quite sure how to use crystals for any matter. It would seem that some form of a ritual would be involved. But I'm not sure.

While researching the herbal books for help with severe tension headaches, I discovered that feverfew is commonly used for even migraines. It's said that it takes a bit to get the feverfew built up in the body to be effective, but for my tension headaches, it worked right away.

I hope something works for you, and very soon.

wizzle

I think of stones as antennas for energy and the objective with healing is to have a good supply of energy in motion and constantly replenished. Here are some simple but effective ways to use your stones.

1. The most basic is to have the stone near you. My rule of thumb is that if the stone is 3 feet or less from you it will support your health and intentions. You can also put the stone under your pillow and sleep with it, but this can be too strong for some people.
2. Wear the stone in jewelry or carry it with you.

These are the most passive ways to use a stone. They work, but quite slowly and the benefits can be overcome by stress or negativity in the user.

More active methods are:

3. Placing stones on chakras. Here's a website that describes what to do.
http://www.neatstuff.net/avalon/texts/know-how.html#study
4. Hold your stone in your receptive hand. The books generally tell you this is the left hand but for me it is definetly the right hand. So experiment. Get in a comfortable sitting or reclining position. Hold your stone, close your eyes and put your attention on your stone. You may begin to feel vibrations coming through the stone. That's great. But you may also find yourself exploring your stone and feeling sensations in various parts of your body. That's just as good, but different and will lead you toward selecting the right stones for you in various areas. Either way, don't try to "do" anything. No mental pushing or pulling. Simply put your attention on your stone and move it back if it wanders. When you get tired or bored, stop. At a minimum you will probably feel refreshed. This is a general method to get more energy into your body as a whole but I find various stones move energy at different vibrations so the energy received changes with the stone selected and therefore 'targets' different areas of the body.
5. Any of the quartz and felspar group can be taken with you to use in your bath. You put the stone in the water and just relax in the tub. I generally take two stones of the same color for tubby time. One goes in the water and one I hold. A warning, though, some stones can be damaged by water so if in doubt, just put the stone near you while bathing.
6. A little more advanced technique is to hold your stone or place it on your chakra and send the energy you gather to a specific area of your body by visualizing the energy moving to that area then flowing back to the stone.
7. Put your stone near you and do a simple tarot reading, nothing big or important. A reading, as we know, moves energy and with the stone nearby there will be a good exchange between the reader and the stone in the process.

And a note that clear quartz is a general all-around healer and is great to use in combination with a colored stone. To do this, put the colored stone on a chakra and hold the quartz in your hand.

Hope this helps.

MCsea

Moldavite

From my own experience, drinking lots of water, no caffine - ever and

MOLDAVITE help with migraines, I have to relax, put the stone on my sore head (my stone is as big as your pinky - or smaller)
and I put my pain into the stone, I 'transfrom' my head 'pain' into crystal lattice energy - I see this in my minds eye. Moldavite is big enough to help... usually immediately IM fixed enough to contuinie on in my day, with complete pain relief later in the day.. You should try and hold some in your hand before spending too much $$ on it. I FELT it in my hand straight away.. somehow..

FROM websites -
The richly colored translucent green stone known as Moldavite is the only known gemstone of extraterrestrial origin. Moldavites are one of the rarest of gems. Since their origin is not of this Earth. Moldavite is supposted to be the green stone in the holy grail - taken from a crystal website - neat stuff - avalon, They have been prized by humans for thousands of years and are still given as gifts from royalty to royalty. In legend, it is believed Moldavite was the green stone in the Holy Grail and has the power to quicken ones spiritual evolution. Even people not sensitive to the energies of stones, often feel the energy of Moldavite. many sense it as heat, tingling or pulsing sensation in their hand. Others feel a rush of energy through their body, usually upwards out the top of their head. Moldavite's high vibrational energy is a powerful chakra opener, particularly at the heart and above. Sleeping with Moldavite activates the dream state. Wearing it helps manifest positive life changes. One of the main functions of Moldavite is that it helps people acclimatize to an earth plane environment. Some say its for Star Children who can't cope real well with being here on earth, others simply say it works for people who don't really feel part of this world. Whichever and however you explain it, the result is much the same. Moldavite provides a level of compassion and comprehension for people who are struggling to adjust to a world with such strong polarities -human suffering, emotionalism and all the material realities which are just part of the physical plane. Moldavite is that its best to use with other stones which can help ground its energies. I tend to use black tourmaline, smoky quartz, tiger eye or hematite.

:)

I hope you find a solution to your suffereing...

MARINA

bleuivy

Thanks for all of your great suggestions! I'm going to start giving these techniques a try. If I stumble on any more techniques on the web or somewhere, I'll be sure to post them as well.

I'm declaring war on my migraines, and so now amount of information is too much!

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. :)

Red Emma

Migraines and crystals

bleuivy said:
If I stumble on any more techniques on the web or somewhere, I'll be sure to post them as well. :)

Please do! I'm always looking for non-chemical techniques to deal with life's adversities.

What really bugs me is that so many 'natural' remedies exist, as does knowledge of them, but the traditional medical community, for various reasons will not even consider them. In fact, the ones (medics) I encounter either outwardly ridicule or just silently sneer at such things.

I know that some of their reluctance involves the possibility of being sued should the non-traditional remedy not work. But still. There must be some way of their being smarter about them.

Okay, that may be my rant of the day.

Well considering that I'm also ticked about some political stuff which I can't rant about here, it probably won't be. It just won't happen on ATF. Lucky you guys!

Blessings,

Emma the Revolutionary.

Red Emma

P.s.

I just remembered "The People's Pharmacy."

It's a national newspaper column carried in my local paper, and it's rich with "home remedies." Most of them work very well, or at least the ones I've tried. The authors also have a web page which can be found by googling, "the peope's pharmacy."

I don't remember if it has info on various kinds of headaches, but it may be worth a try.

Belssings,

bleuivy

Red Emma said:
What really bugs me is that so many 'natural' remedies exist, as does knowledge of them, but the traditional medical community, for various reasons will not even consider them. In fact, the ones (medics) I encounter either outwardly ridicule or just silently sneer at such things.

I feel the same way! I have been getting pretty bad migraines for a while now. They usually happen more frequently and more severely when I am stressed, so I asked my doctor to give me the names of a good acupuncturist and hypnotherapist, so I could work on the root cause of the migraines instead of just throwing very strong pain killers at them all the time.

He flat out refused! He said I should get an accupuncturist out of the yellow pages. I didn't want to pick a name out of a hat and hope it was a good one, so I ended up not going.

As for hypnotherapy, he started talking to me as if I was a child. "Well you kow those things are just make believe, don't you?"

ARG!

Oh well, my search continues. I think I eventually will try both, but I want to know I'm going to the right place first.

wizzle

Not make believe

When you get definable physical benefits, that is not make believe. I'm sorry to hear your doctor takes the attitude he does, but that is what has been taught in medical schools for the past 100 years.

Acupuncture and stone work both deal with accessing and moving energy. And it's this energy, not some drug, that heals. Drugs generally mask symptoms, except in the case where they assist the body in killing unwanted organisms, such as antibiotics. But ultimately, the cure rests within the body because, in my definition, a cure no longer requires drugs.

My own benefits so far have been:
1. Complete absence of back pain. I used to get the same sort of muscle spasms that folks know as a charley horse in the calf, only much more severe. By paying attention to the first signs of the pain, I can move energy to the area and the pain doesn't develop. The medical "cure" for this condition is very strong muscle relaxants which completely cloud brain function.
2. Lowered blood pressure. My blood pressure used to be 155/100 which is way too high. It is now down to 135/82. The numbers don't lie. I plan on continuing to improve the numbers.
3. I haven't had the flu in about 6 years. I used to get it annually along with everyone else.

I have arthritis and that is what I'm working on now. I think most people know that arthritis is almost untreatable in terms of "cure" and the drugs provided only mask the pain. The swelling around the most painful joint, my left ankle, is down somewhat and the edema I used to get is nearly gone.

So don't give up on finding a real cure for yourself. I have a friend who is an MD and she gets dreadful migraines and hasn't found relief in the usual pharmacopia. If she can't find it in a bottle, you probably won't either. Here's an interesting page that addresses different ways of dealing with migraines
http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/21/156.cfm
There is more than one strategy as you can see and it might be worth while looking into alternatives like diet, aromatherapy, etc. Let us know how you are coming along.

tabbycat

I get migraines and have identified a lot of triggers for them. The biggest culprit is my monthly cycle, but skipping meals, sleepless nights and stress all add to it. I have some food triggers - coffee, red wine, cheese, oranges and, strangely, tomatoes, especially tinned ones. Atmospheric pressure seems to trigger the headaches as well - high pressure and thundery weather are the bad guys. I'm usually okay unless I get two or three of the triggers happening at once. Oddly enough the migraines stopped completely during the time I was hypothyroid, but now I'm on treatment and 'better', they're back. I also find that the day before a migraine I'm super efficient, rushing round and doing loads of stuff. My mother also suffered from them - she'd ring me up and tell me that she'd cleaned the house, washed the curtains, painted the garage door, dug over the vegetable patch and planted potatoes, and I'd tell her that she'd be down with a headache the next day, and I was invariably right!
I usually treat them with painkillers and lying down in a dark, quiet room. There was a great drug I used to use which was basically asprin formulated as a nice-tasting fizzy drink with something added to slow down the speed of transit through the gut. I found it worked well, hitting the pain and the nausea, but you can't get it now, as they stopped prescribing it. I do sometimes get all the gut symptoms of a migraine without the headache, which is almost as debilitating. My mother's migraines stopped after the menopause, so I'm looking forward to being pain-free when I'm a crone!

Jilly