PDA

View Full Version : Cathrine's questions [split from full moon in pisces ~ Sept 17]

Cathrine
21-09-2005, 08:10
This is off topic but very new here so hope you'll steer me nicely. :)
I have a lot of Scorpio in my birth chart (sun, merc, venus retrograde, neptune) and other water too (jupiter in pisces, chiron in pisces) so I tend to feel things to the extreme.
When people here are referring to planets in signs are they referring to the birth chart? When is it useful to refer to how the planets are situated in a progressed chart?

isthmus nekoi
21-09-2005, 10:54
welcome to astro Cathrine!

To answer your questions, planets in signs means simply that, nothing more. Whether it's in a natal chart or refering to the planets at present depends on the context.

As for progressed charts, it's usually more useful to look at the faster moving planets b/c slower ones like Saturn or Pluto don't show much of a difference, even after a decade has passed. I personally don't use prog planets much except the prog moon which moves roughly 2.5 signs a year.

dadsnook2000
21-09-2005, 11:43
Slip of the fingers there, Moon moves thru one sign in two and a half years in a progressed chart. Good to follow the progressed Moon along with the transiting Saturn to observe their effects. Dave

isthmus nekoi
21-09-2005, 12:41
lol, good catch, Virgo! That's what I get for posting on the run.