Sodalite

psychic sue

I saw some crytsals in a shop yesterday and was drawn to the Blue Sodalite. I bought it and meditated with it last night.

I had some very vivid dreams - I googled Sodalite and found the following:-

Sodalite
Helps with logic, clear thinking, ideas, communication and truth. Provides protection against negative energy, distress and mental anguish. Good for pancreas, endocrine system and lymphatic system. It helps combat internal conflict or insomnia and is good for neck, mouth, hearing and blood pressure. Generates courage and creative expression. Chakra: Throat and third eye.

As I am suffering from anxiety at the moment, I was obviously drawn to the right crystal! I am also still working on my psychic development, which is seems to help with too.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced vivid dreams after using this lovely crystal - or any other Sodalite stories you may have?

Sue x

Asiyah

Psychic Sue,

I just recently had a very unique experience w/ Sodalite. I was told by a friend I needed to open and clear my throat chakra so I was using a sodalite pendant on a choker to help me with it. I wore it a few days and was fine. When I went to school, I started to feel like the necklace was too tight and started to feel heavy. I talked to 2 friends that day about me trying to open my chakra and one said that the stone didn't want to do it. Apparently my sodalite felt that there was too much energy in the class and b/c opening up my chakra would open me up to a lot, it was trying to tell me to take it off.

I thought it was neat that it started to pull itself away and was saying "Take me off, please!!" while I thought " Hmm, how odd..." I really need to start paying more attention!

Emeraldgirl

I attended a crystal healing workshop a few months ago. Paid up was looking forward to it woke up the day of the workshop and bugger huge sore throat and chest infection. Dragged myself to the workshop where the teacher and I prepared a sodalite elixir for me to drink. Drank it up and next day throat and chest were fine pity I didn't do anything to nip the rest of the cold in the bud I was laid low for a week with the flu part but I think the sodalite stopped the throat and chest part of the cold from developing. Everyone else ended up with both I got off with only the flu.

I also brought a large sphere a few weeks ago of sodalite and it is amazing. It has a really vital, upbeat type of energy.

memries

I was studying lapidary. Took a large piece of blue sodalite and cut a piece off and it became a good size oval gem. I polished it like crazy and it is really lovely. My adult son saw it and said, "Can I have it overnight" ? So I let him as he had an exam to pass. Anyway, I gave it to him this was over 10 years ago. Last Friday he came in and said to me, Remember this and pulled out the sodalite! He offered it back but I didn't take it. I knew he liked it and uses it as his "charm".
I do not do lapidary any more but it was a very interesting phase of my life.

Deszroo

I have Soladite on my computer to help keep the electromagnetics back a bit...over the summer which was very hot...it was really unbearable at the computer...it has helped. Also have had quiet vivid dreams as soon as I placed a few under my pillow...they are "resting"..now but I will try them again at some point.

Desz

FaerieStorm

Sodalite and Metabolism

I was drawn to this stone at a Metaphysical fair in Denver, CO. It was fashioned as a pendant (w/ sterling silver). It has an amazing sedative effect--very calming! However, it has also been very useful in maintaining weight. I've come across many books that have mentioned the metabolic dimension of Sodalite, and I have experienced it first-hand.

After obtaining the pendant, I wore 24/7 for a couple of months...and without even trying I lost five pounds. And when I stopped wearing it, I gained the weight back.

Anyone else have a metabolic experience with Sodalite?

-FS

DarkElectric

Wow!
I'm glad to see all these experiences listed concerning sodalite.
I periodically make a journey to the local pet food warehouse outlet to see what they have in the way of aquarium rocks. On past excursions there, I have picked up HUGE chunks of : Rose quartz, selenite, obsidian, lepidolite, and now...sodalite! I got 3 absolute boulders of the stuff for about 4 bucks. They have petrified wood too, but I haven't gotten any yet.

It pays to know your minerals, Ladies and Gentlemen. These rocks ROCK, and the price is right. I saw a big piece of unpolished, uncut natural rose quartz going for 55 dollars in a new age store, and it wasn't as large (or as high quality) as the one I got from "Dave's Pet Food City" for $1.29 per pound.
I can only imagine what that new age place would charge for these huge pieces of sodalite.

I really like this peaceful blue stone, and am looking forward to seeing how it works with me.

floracove

oooh, I know this thread is a bit old, but I was just searching for information on Sodalite.
Actually, just placed one in my water glass.

DarkElectric, that is a wonderful idea about looking for crystals in pet shop's. The only thing we have here is a Wal-Mart, I'm not sure if we even have fish for sale there any more, but this is a great idea to keep in mind when looking for gemstones at a more cost efficient price.

Thanks!

Milfoil

I can't wear my little sodalite pendant. Like Asiyah, it pulls at me and feels heavy, even to the point where I start feeling depressed or moody. Strange. Yet labradorite - no problem, I wear it all the time.

wizzle

Love, love, love Darkelectic's idea for getting good stones at the pet shop. I've never tried that but certainly will.

I got a wonderful bag of rocks, mostly jaspers, from a pot shop. The rocks are tumbled and probably river rocks that are meant to go around plants as mulch, I think. They are lovely pebbles that would have cost quite a bit on an individual basis but the entire bag (about 50 rocks) was only $6. And many of the pebbles are much larger than what I've seen offered at stores or on line for "crystal healing."