Stones and Tarot Decks

Osiris Darkmoon

I didn't quite know how to word a search, so I apologize if this topic has been beaten to death....

I keep my tarot decks in nice wooden boxes. I've been considering placing stones in the boxes with the decks, to charge and cleanse the cards between readings.

Do any of you do this? What stones do you use and why?

I've done some research on the magickal properties of stones,and of course definitions vary by source, so I thought I'd pose the question here as it seems an appropriate place... :)

Emeraldgirl

I keep crystals with my cards. In the chest where I keep all my decks I have the following:

Clear Quart points - to cleanse
Amethyst points - to aid with intuition

I also have another smaller box that I use to cleanse and energise decks. It has in it:

Clear Quart cluster - to cleanse
Amethyst points - to aid with intuition
Rose Quartz - to calma and fill with love
Blue lace agate - to aid communication
Hemitite - To get rid of negativity.

tarotbear

Wow, Emeraldgirl - that sounds like a heavy-duty storage box? :smoker: I have a 3 inch almost completely clear point that is flat on the bottom; I wrap it in the silk when I put my deck away. Depending on my mood, sometimes I leave it in the silk and sometimes I stand it on end on the surface I am reading on.

bleuivy

I don't keep stones with my decks at the moment, but that is mostly because most of my decks are in storage preparing for a move (which will take place in two weeks! I'm so excited! :D)

Once my decks are all unpacked, I will keep hematite, clear quartz, rose quartz, and moonstone with them.

I hadn't thought about adding blue lace agate, but now that you mention it, Emeraldgirl, I think that may go into the box for the decks as well.

Osiris Darkmoon

Great suggestions, and thanks! I'll start my search for the perfect stones to keep with my cards...they have to call out to ya, ya know....:)