Sleeping with tarot under the pillow

icic

I'm currently trying to sleep with my tarot cards under my pillow in an attempt to bond with my cards. And since, I've more dreams than usual, I usually have dreams during nights, but now I seem to dream much more even till the minute I wake up in the morning.

Is this normal?

Ilithiya

It seems to be a common trend to remember more of your dreams after a change like this...

...we all dream, multiple times per night. A lot of it isn't even worth processing for your memory centers. In my opinion, the conscious mind expects unusual things to happen when you sleep with a deck under your pillow, and in its usual brainy way, processes and sends more of your dreams to its memory retention areas when you do.

I had that above all figured out for myself before I ever slept with a deck under my pillow and guess what? No additional remembered dreams. :D

Are you keeping a dream journal at the same time?

Illy

Umbrae

Here’s my take on the deal…

Your conscious mind is aware of the deck under your pillow (I place it between the bottom of the pillow and the pillow case so I don’t ‘loose’ the deck in my sleep – have it fall off the mattress into kitty toy land…), and when you place it under the pillow, it’s like sending a broadcast announcement to the subconscious or unconscious or biomedconscious or fight/flightconscious whatever…”Hey – gotta new Tarot deck here – gonna do some bonding – get busy and do your stuff girls!”

So you go to sleep.

I believe you dream the same amount as normal. The difference is that a portion of your brain is aware of it (cuz it got the broadcast message). Because you focus on the deck before going to sleep it may even alter the subject matter within the dream state.

But more importantly, perhaps we go to be a tad earlier and get up a tad later to spend more time sleeping with the cards – we end up sleeping in multiples of 90-minutes rather than 6 ½ or 8 hours.

I love Tarot Card Bonding dreams…they are wonderful wonderful dreams be it a scientific or spiritual or spooky reason, I just don’t care – I love Tarot dreams…

:smoker:

Al Si'ra

always

I always have very very weird dreams when i put my cards under my pillow..esp. happens when i put the Moon under my pillow..this card has a very strong energy...

jojojo

when you put them under your pillow do they have to be ordered?

icic

No, i don't keep a dream journal, but i seem to wake up to remember more dreams lately. I agree it's probably my conscious playing, but i was hoping there's maybe something more than just my brain, such as influenced by tarot's energy..or maybe i'll get more intuitive when i use my cards..

WalesWoman

My own opinion... mind, this is ONLY my opinion and not to be taken as judgmental... is it would have to be an uncomfortable hard lump and could wake up with a stiff neck, that real bonding comes with using them, becoming familiar with them.
I've slept with guys and it hasn't made me bond to them or them to me, only getting to know each other, communication and living with them over a long period of time has... I figure it's pretty much the same with tarot.

But what the heck... I'm gonna try it out tonight... I haven't had any memorable dreams of late so it would be interesting in the name of being more open minded and don't-knock-it-until-you've-tried-it... unscientific approach to this whole question of sleeping with decks under your pillow.

I'll be sure to update my findings.

Ross G Caldwell

icic said:
I'm currently trying to sleep with my tarot cards under my pillow in an attempt to bond with my cards. And since, I've more dreams than usual, I usually have dreams during nights, but now I seem to dream much more even till the minute I wake up in the morning.

Is this normal?

I slept with my first deck, the US Games Rider-Waite, under my pillow. Of course I used and studied it all the time too. It was so long ago, I can't remember my dreams, but I'm sure I had them. I feel bonded with that deck even though I haven't used it in decades (I don't even have one in my possession right now).

I think I did the same with my first Thoth deck. I did a lot of things to provoke dreams, so I can't say I noticed anything "tarotic" about my dreams. However, both the Thoth and Waite-Smith images seem to have crept into my dreaming life over time...

I think it is normal to dream about things you think about constantly, or obsess over, or things that you hold dear.

The last object I put under my pillow was a copy of a 15th century manuscript. I didn't want to let it get far from me, even when I slept. I guess I still harbor the belief that spiritual "osmosis" might occur when I do that with treasured objects.

So think you're normal, absolutely!

Emily

The best tarot deck that I've ever dreamt with was the DruidCraft. I was in a village with the people off the DruidCraft, but in my dream I thought they were more like Vikings. It still remains one of the best dreams I've ever had.

Umbrae

Sort of a side note on the same subject…

Back when I was teaching folks at Nintendo, how to be Game Play Counselors – on the last day I used to ask folks ‘how many were dreaming in Video Game mode’. Those who raised their hands usually ended up being good at their jobs. Those who did not, usually did not last.

So I have to agree with Ross “I think it is normal to dream about things you think about constantly, or obsess over, or things that you hold dear”

And similar to WalesWoman, I’ve slept with women that I neither dreamed about and did not bond with…perhaps it was the shuffling…:smoker: