Jeu de la Conscience de Ioana

darwinia

I saw the cover for this at several French sites and I liked the artwork on the cover.

The deck is by Morange Ioana and is published by Diamentel. It is in French and has 128 cards.

1) I'd like to find some scans of the cards

2) I'd like to find a site where I can buy this, preferably in North America. I would think that it would be available somewhere in Quebec at least.

Anybody know? Thanks.

darwinia

Okay, that's something anyway, thanks. Have you ever ordered from the French Amazon Marion? I wondered what their postage rate was like to Canada.

I still have no idea what the cards are like or if they are like the artwork on the box. Strange isn't it, that they only show the box? Even Hay House, who are notorious for having scant samples of their decks online, have more cards than none!

darwinia

Jewel-ry said:
Looking forward to the answer to this as I am seriously considering
http://www.spiritone.com/~filipas/Masquerade/Reviews/jeudiv.html
which is found on Amazon.fr

That looks like a very pretty deck. I've just had a look at the amazon.fr postal rates to the US and Canada and they seem very reasonable.

Regular shipping is 9 Euros for one item with 1.90 Euros for each additional item. For me, that comes to $15 CDN for two decks (they also have the Oracle Alma Bose that I want.)

For you in Etats Unis Jewel-ry it would be $10-11 US regular shipping for the one deck--it's pretty small, only 27 cards, so maybe you'd want to get another item (cough--slips some enabling in there as an incentive.)

Amazon is Amazon, I'm sure it's okay. I'm just checking my records--I recently ordered from Somerville and paid £7.15 economy shipping for 4 decks which is $14.67 CDN, so Amazon.fr is a bit more expensive but not like other rip-off shipping I've had to deal with in the US. I recently bought a tiny parcel of ultrasuede fabric from the US and they charged me $22 US shipping and handling. Unbelievable greed.

I still haven't been able to hunt up the Constellation cards I am looking for but at least amazon.fr has the Alma Bose and the Ioana decks. I still haven't got a clue what the Ioana cards look like so I want to wait a bit and see if someone has scans they can send me.

Jewel-ry

darwinia said:
For you in Etats Unis Jewel-ry it would be $10-11 US regular shipping for the one deck--it's pretty small, only 27 cards, so maybe you'd want to get another item (cough--slips some enabling in there as an incentive.)

I may have confused you darwinia as I am not in the USA, I am in the UK (which should be cheaper). Even so, as you say it is only 27 cards but I really find them appealing. They are haunting me at the moment but I will probably wait and watch :bugeyed: (Just had to try out one of the new smilies :) )

~

darwinia

Jewel-ry said:
I may have confused you darwinia as I am not in the USA, I am in the UK

No, you didn't confuse me I confused myself, I forgot to read where you were from and just assumed.

Okay, it is cheaper to the UK 4.50 Euros, just over £3.00, and you have to pay VAT on top of it, but you'll still be at a reasonable rate. It took me a while to figure out that United Kingdom was Royaume-Uni--that's not one I use every day!

darwinia

Ioana Takes Her Place in the World

Information on Ioana Morange:

She has written two books on cellular alchemy which seems to be about mending the body in a spiritual way and recognizing our place within the universe (??) Another book on dance therapy and releasing blocked energy, and another book on life and religion and making your body an instrument of worship.

She is a lecturer and a pioneer in the field of transmutation of matter--relation of matter and energy. People in this field call themselves "alchemist therapists" or "therapeutic alchemists." This seems to be a new way of describing integrating spirituality and psychotherapy for healing from what I gather. They call it alchemy because you are transformed spiritually or pschologically, or "...personal transformation using the ancients techniques of alchemy."

From another page (in English thank goodness!)

"...reaching and working with the transpersonal level of reality. Personal consultations, healing sessions, and personalized alchemical diets and study programs are offered."

As with many therapies, there seems to be a lot of jingoistic insider bafflegab but I think I understand what they're doing. If anyone knows more than I on the subject, please enlighten and elaborate further as to techniques and such.

So this Jeu de la Conscience by Ioana might be a meditative deck using alchemical concepts to help in healing. I am assuming that the 128 cards might have pictures or meditative writing or instructions, but I have no idea what since I can't find any samples.

I'm not sure whether to take a chance on purchasing them--the art on the box is great, but it's 17.32 Euros at Amazon.fr--that's a lot of money to take a chance on.

Surely someone has seen these--someone in Europe??

darwinia

Well, I took a chance and ordered these from amazon.fr.

I went to the Diamental web site and even they don't have any further information on the deck other than that the 128 cards are broken down between 80 Message cards and 48 Detail cards that help you comprehend the messages. They are for meditation and active personal development.

No mention of graphics, so I'm not counting on them, but I shall surely get to brush up my four years of junior and senior High School French.

Actually, I did a better job at translating than Babel-Fish, so I might have a hope of reading these without laborious translations with my French dictionary.

I will let people know what the cards are like, and how I find amazon.fr when shipping to North America. Fortunately the web buttons were all in the same place. No matter what language, amazon knows how to fill that shopping cart and process an order. Wouldn't you know. Sheesh.

Jewel-ry

Good luck darwinia!

Hopefully you will report back here when they arrive. Please let us know how it works and what the deck is like. I am rather curious now!