Anecdotes of Psychic Hits in Readings

Isispriest

I want the kids to know the type content that one may be able to see and predict while doing a reading for someone. I consider myself psychic. Sometimes reading someone's cards is like reading a novel; as you read you get feelings and images from the descriptions.
So I'll start:

A reading I had by Butch in North Vancouver, BC: "you're driving a big white van, you don't want to buy a big van." 4 months later I was driving a white van full of clients for my new job.

I told a woman, her new beau would drive a little sports car and wear a little English cap. After she met him, she dropped in to tell me he kept the cap in his glove box.

The Emperor in the 7th house of a young woman's Horoscope spread was an older man, The Sun in the 5th and Death in the 7th spelled Resh and Nun. She was supprised when I told her the name Ron was important 'cause that was his name.

The farmer's sideline was going to pay off, I guessed inventing - Judgement in the 6th house, Something to do with hydrolics turned out to be right, too. 8 of cups in the 5th house.

So common, you Psychic Believers out there. I'm a believer 'cause I've been shown. And I'm sure there is a lot more of these out there. I got more after I see some of yours!

WalesWoman

How do you know when reading with Tarot if it's a psychic hit or if the cards were being especially helpful?

Citrin

WalesWoman said:
How do you know when reading with Tarot if it's a psychic hit or if the cards were being especially helpful?
I would say it's a psychic hit when it's not possible to tell it from the card/cards. This one time reading for someone (here actually) I got the king of cups in the past position (RWS I believe). I just knew it about something being finished (kings being the 'last' court), which you can understand right? But what was finished? A book. Can you see a book in the card or a reference to one? I can't. ;) I'd call that a 'psychic hit'.

At least that's my definition.

Isispriest

I figure where the cards' messages leave off and the reader's psychic ability kicks in is not a well defined border. It may be that the Tarot is the gate to the Astral, where perceptions are not limited by time and space. Sometimes the cards seem to spell it out (as my example Resh & Nun = Ron) if you know where to look, othertimes the words, feelings or imagery are just there for you to speak (if you are brave).
The cards are always helpful, and always have much to say. I feel they are always right (unless they are being abused; 5th reading about the same thing, then they will just try to tell you to stop it), It is the interpretation that is the variable.

Emeraldgirl

One instance that really sticks out in my mind is this. I was reading for a girl while on holiday in Tasmania. Can't remember what cards came up in the spread just remember looking at her and saying " You need to talk to your dad." no idea where that came from. She looks amazed so I continue still without the faintest idea why I am say what I am saying "he wants to talk to you but doesn't know how.You are the one who will need to take the step to make contact is you want a relationship with him" Well turns out it was spot on. She wanted the relationship wasn't sure about him and I confirmed what she'd been thinking. The cards didn't show any of it just a flash of insight from wherever those flashes come from.

dream mage

sudden insights

Actually, I have two small stories.

I was reading the celtic cross for a girl in my senior study hall. The girl told me she wanted an answer to her problems. I saw a lot of confusion, feeling lost, and alot of emotional pressure in the cards. Suddenly, the Nine of Swords came up and I felt a twinge in my heart and my wrists. I looked her straight in the eyes and said: "Don't do it. You're not alone, you have people that do love you and care about you. Don't do it. It's not worth the pain." .... And the girl started crying. I had some how seen her thinking about suicide in the card. Thankfully, I said the right words, because after the spread, one of her friends took her aside and they talked. She was a little comforted and she was smiling at the end of class.

Another time, also with the Celtic Cross, I was doing a reading for a woman who was always talking about her late Gypsy friend who did readings for her all the time. In the "what your personal state is." came up the Hierophant card. I smiled at her and said: "You're testing me. You think I'm ignorant and too young to read tarot cards." she asked me "is that what you think? or is that what the cards tell you?" I told her "This card tells me that you're testing me... at the same time it tells me that you're letting someone control you. Who is this man, and why are you letting him dictate you." .... That statement rendered her speechless for a while.

Psychic? Maybe. Or maybe it's just really good guessing.
But - "...there's a fine line between coincidence and fate".
And an even finer line between guessing and clairvoyancy.