04-10-2005, 21:42
edited

floracove
04-10-2005, 22:17
This sounds like fun...

Eco74
04-10-2005, 23:41
From Halloween and on to Christmas! Count me in. :D

I've always had a bit of trouble with dealing with holidays, but this is such a fun way to prepare the celebrations I'll be perfectly fine with every little bit of it. :party:

Worldwide is fine with me too, so no worries there.

Emeraldgirl
05-10-2005, 09:33
Sounds like it could be fun. I'm interested :D :D :D

cricket
05-10-2005, 11:54
I'm in!

Guiding Cauldron
05-10-2005, 23:00
edited

Eco74
05-10-2005, 23:17
Lesseee here.. Does being naugty garantuee more fun stuff in the "stocking"? *teehee* })

On a more serious note..
Wrapup around the end of October sounds perfect. And do we get to be secret santas just finding out who we will be sending a surprise package too and not finding out who ours will be from til it arrives?

Valerieb66
06-10-2005, 00:07
What a great idea... unfortunatly, I don't think anyone would want to senf something to Muscat, Oman? Kinda far away from you all ;-)

But I would love to do a stocking for someone if they have been good this year haha... :)

Guiding Cauldron
06-10-2005, 00:36
edited

Guiding Cauldron
06-10-2005, 00:37
edited

Eco74
06-10-2005, 00:38
Hey Valerie, don't be a spoilsport.. Worldwide means worldwide and it's possible to keep the weight down to make it a bit cheaper if that's a concern.
If you're willing to send things far away, so are we. :)

And those who are not will surely mention that in their joining-in-posts. Right people? :cool3:

sagewriter
06-10-2005, 03:55
this sounds great, i'd love to join in. but i'd have to keep it to the u.k, otherwise p+p get's too expensive!

Chronata
06-10-2005, 07:49
Count me in! :D

And expect lotsa hand made stuff!

ocho8s
06-10-2005, 10:01
Count me in............ Count me in
here jumping up and down!! :)
I would love to send Xmas stuff from Mexico to anywhere in the world
GReat idea!!!
thanks
Anaoly
from sunny Mexico

This is my profile

Name : Ocho8s
Sex: Female
Path : very ecclectic..... :)
Element : Water
Fave colors : jewel tones
Magikal likes : Tarot, runes, stones, herbs, candles, crystals, and a long etc!!!
Crystals : all kinds, I love to make jewellery and also to place my crystals all over my house and office
Animal : Dolphin , cougar , butterfly
Favorite scents : fruits and vanilla
Shipping : Worldwide
Useful facts : I love to do crafts, from Cross stitching,cigar's box bags, sewing, painting and love to have things that represent this time of the year from your own country, and I love unicorns, angels and fairies!!!
got to stop
lol

a_shikhs
06-10-2005, 14:53
me to... me too.... cant stop jumping with excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would love to be a part of this... yipeee... it sounds so magical and so much of fun... i live in india which is far far away.. is that okie.. can i join in too???

Guiding Cauldron
06-10-2005, 20:52
edited

Kimberly
06-10-2005, 23:16
Ohh, I am new so I don't know any of you yet, but I'd love to do an exchange! I can only mail to the US and Canada though, because I'm poor LOL.

Could we have something where whoever we're supposed to send goodies to give some information about themselves? That would be good for me since I'm so new... it would help me to pick out pertinent stones and such.

Guiding Cauldron
07-10-2005, 01:23
edited

floracove
07-10-2005, 02:18
Could we have something where whoever we're supposed to send goodies to give some information about themselves? That would be good for me since I'm so new... it would help me to pick out pertinent stones and such.
an Exchange Profile would be good.

Name: FloraCove

Path: my own witchy one

Element: Water & Earth

Fave Colors: Any shade of purple, I like green as well.

Magical Likes: tarot ,stones, herbs, alter tools, (witchy)books, candles, incense, just about anything...

Crystals (I'd like to have, but not limited to): Lapzi luzi, Onyx, Moonstone, Aquamarine, Clear quartz, Amber, Rose quartz, Sapphire, Amethyst <(birthstone), I've heard of a stone, called a Fire Opal or quartz, love to have one, never seen one.

Animals: owl, wolf, hawk, dolphin...

Favorite Scents: patchouli, mugwort, sandlewood, daminia
(would like to have, but not limited to)> Red Raspberry, Burdock

Vegatarian: nope, don't eat alot of it, but I'm not offended by leather at all.

Shipping: U.S

More Useful Facts: Interests Feng Shui, Windchimes, Chakra's

I love just about any type homemade craft, I'm easy to please...
Girlie things are perfectly fine with me!

The one above is one I had made up for a different site, but it's a good outline.

Kimberly
07-10-2005, 05:37
OK I'll fill out that profile as well *nods*

Name: Kimberly

Path: Pragmatic Nihilist

Element: Any really.

Fave Colors: Any really.

Magical Likes: Tarot, Herbs, Crystals, Chakra stuff, Aura stuff

Crystals (I'd like to have, but not limited to): Aquamarine (my birthstone), Bloodstone (also my birthstone), Jade, Lithium Quartz, Moonstone. Umm, please no turquoise (I've had bad luck with it, it makes my throat chakra over-active)

Animals: Cats! Also swans, hummingbirds, and peacocks.

Favorite Scents: Nothing too floral, or too strong. Anything else really.

Vegatarian: Nope.

Shipping: US & Canada

More Useful Facts: I'm not really religious, more secular humanist... I said Pragmatic Nihilist because it best fits my beliefs I think... though I do share many beliefs from Wicca, Buddhism, and Taoism.

I also like soundscape music, like Micheal Whalen type thing :D

Daizdy
07-10-2005, 06:41
This definately sounds like fun! Count me in please! :D

Name: Daizdy

Path: I stray too much to really know what path I'm on...

Element: Water, Cancer

Fave Colors: Purple, Red

Magical Likes: Tarot and tarot books, would like to have books on reversals and court cards. I'm also developing an interest in scrying but don't have the guts to actually do anything yet...LOL

Crystals: Not into this

Animals: Not into animal figurines (any figurine for that matter) or things with imprints of animals. I do love bird-watching though and also, dragonflies and butterflies.

Favorite Scents: I like soft, powdery scents. Liz Taylor's White Diamonds for example or something like vanilla musk.

Vegatarian: Nope.

Shipping: US (I'm poor too Kimee :))

More Useful Facts: I love vintage cookie or candy tins with a floral or landscape scene imprinted on them. Snowglobes with unusal objects in them (not common themes). Tiny gold ball earrings (I lost mine) or any small earrings. I don't like things with a holiday theme.

Great idea Sunshinelvr! :) Thanks!

sagewriter
07-10-2005, 06:52
Great Idea!

Name: Sagewriter/Amelia

Path: I'm still searching :(

Element: I'm Saggitarius so I suppose Fire, but I think I am more of an Earthy person.

Fave Colors: I love purple and green (hence me loving lavendar plants!)

Magical Likes: tarot, candles, stones/crystals, books, inscense, bags/boxes, pendulums, scrying, auras, regression, past lives, lucid dreaming, pretty much everything!

Crystals (I'd like to have, but not limited to): Amethyst, Smokey/Clear/Milky Quartz, Larimar (am still searching for some!), Celestite, Angelite, Ametrine, pretty much anything except Agate, Onyx and Selenite.

Animals: ooh, so many! Dolphins, Humpback Whales, Orcas, and to a lesser extent Seahorses and Hummingbirds.

Favorite Scents: lavendar, sandalwood. Just nothing sweet or floral really!

Vegatarian: not really. i don't particularly like meat, only chicken, turkey, and mince (if it's with pasta). even then I try and have free range/organic but it's far too expensive!

Shipping: U.K

More Useful Facts: I'm not overly girly, and am not a fan of pink, but I still like feminine things! I adore unicorns, faeries and mermaids (I never grew up!) I have a thing about boxes, I love little wooden boxes, all beautifully carved, I just can't help from buying them! I just like wood to be honest :)

tabbycat
07-10-2005, 08:04
Don't usually do Xmas but this does sound like fun, so count me in.

Jilly

Princess_Lucy
07-10-2005, 08:40
Can I be in too? I'm in Australia, but am happy to ship anywhere :)
My profile...
Great Idea!

Name: Princess_Lucy / Lucy Walter

Path: My own kind of pagan one

Element: Fire - Aries

Fave Colors: Red, silver and indigo

Magical Likes: Tarot, crystals, herbs, amulets, charms, spells, incence, essential oils, candles, runes, wishing stones, poppets

Crystals (I'd like to have, but not limited to): Moonstone, bloodstone, lapis lazuli

Animals: Fireflies and dragonflies

Favorite Scents: Any essential oils... nothing synthetic :)

Vegatarian: Nope ;)

Shipping: Australia

More Useful Facts: I'm very earthy and fiery. I love my world to be filled with handmade stuff - it means more to me than shop bought things... so whoever I send to - expect lots of lucy-made pressies!

This sounds so very fun! Excited excited excited *jumping up and down*

:love:

Princess

Emeraldgirl
07-10-2005, 10:08
Exchange Profile

Name: Emeraldgirl

Path: whatever appeals at the time

Element: Water

Fave Colors: Blue or anything bright and jewel like.

Magical Likes: tarot ,stones, candles, incense, just about anything...

Crystals: any as long as they are given with love

Animals: wolf, dolphin, horse

Favorite Scents: patchouli, sandlewood, ylang ylang

Vegatarian: nope

Shipping: would wide

More Useful Facts: I am pretty easy to please :) I love handmake jewellery and I love things that people have drawn/painted themselves.

a_shikhs
07-10-2005, 15:56
Woohooo!!!! Im so excited.....

Name: Shikha Agarwal.

Sex: Female.

Path: no path in particular but find the witchy path very intriguing.

Element: Im an Aquarian. so i guess my element would be Air.

Fav colours: black, purple, dark blue, brown.

Magical likes: tarot,oracle,runes,wishing stones,crystals,witchy and magical books, candles,incense,crystal ball,past lives,tarot pouches or bags, charm amulets.

Crystals: amethyst, rose quartz, sapphire,moonstone..dont have a problem with any crystal.

Animals: dogs, swans, rabbits,unicorns,dolphins.

Fav Scents: ylang ylang, lavender, patchouli, anything flowery or fruity.

Vegetarian: nope.

Shipping: worlwide. mostly US or Uk.

More useful facts: i love anything that people would give with love. i would love witchy things,tarot or oracle deck as these things are not available in india at all...

Eco74
07-10-2005, 16:58
Allrighty then, I'm jumping on the wagon with the profile. It feels fair to share since so many others are and I've taken pleasure in reading about you all. :)

Exchange Profile

Name: Eco / Eva-Karin

Path: Something a little pagan-esque, though I revel in reading about gods and goddesses and various ways of reaching out to them. Trying out rituals for size whenever they feel sortof right..

Element: Water. Very water, so the others help balance me out.

Fave Colors: Mostly depends on the time of year.. I like them all provided they're not too gaudy or trying to take over things too much.
Oranges, blues and yellows are following me around the most now but none are excluded.

Magical Likes: Just about anything, as long as it comes with a short description on what it's for. Ritual objects like athames, bowls, herbs etc are all of interest.

Crystals: Any, as long as they're given with some thought and good intentions.

Animals: Creepy crawlies.. I like amphibians, probably mainly due to my water-nature. Frogs, lizards, snakes and other scaley things. And turtles..

Favorite Scents: Heavy scents that are not too sweet. My latest fave is Nag Champa (which is a mix ofcourse). In non-concentrated form, the smell of lilacs and grass give me a happy-buzz.

Vegatarian: Nope, though I do like vegetarian food.

Shipping: Worldwide

More Useful Facts: I have a vivid curiosity to anything that's a little "different" and "off the charts". Handmade items and things that are not massproduced (atleast in my part of the world) are at the top of my likes-list.
Kooky, strange, odd and funky - that's a good summary of things that catch my attention.
Oh, and I like cemetarys and other so called scary places too. For me, they're peaceful and reminders of things past, there to help us find calm and take in lessons learned from earlier times.
Other religions and places of worship are equally interesting since they provide a fresh look at things from a spiritual perspective.

Guiding Cauldron
07-10-2005, 19:00
edited

Guiding Cauldron
07-10-2005, 19:01
edited

Chronata
07-10-2005, 22:57
Name: Chronata /Robyn

Path: eclectic

Element: all of them

Fav. Colors: Earth tones, jewel tones, turquoise, aqua, magenta, purple

Magical Likes: divination and oracles, religious icons (all religions) Faeries! Animals, Rituals.

Crystals:anything and everything! but I love citrine,garnet, amber, opal, rainbow moonstone...anything of a changeable nature.

Animals: sheep, crows, dragonflies, hawks, rabbits, arctic foxes

Fav scents: Jasmine, clary sage, patchoulli, sandalwood, amber,woodsy and herbal scents...I HATE fruity scents!

Vegan: Nope

Shipping: Being broke...would prefer the US...but really, I can ship anywhere!

More Useful Facts: I am way non traditional when it comes to Christmas ...but I do like Victorian and Rennaisance styles in Christmas decorations. Last year's tree was pirate themed...and I have a constant mardi gras tree as well. I love everything...and pretty much collect everything too. I love Theatre, art, fortune telling, and carnivals.
oh...and surprises...I love those too! :)

Guiding Cauldron
08-10-2005, 00:53
edited

Guiding Cauldron
08-10-2005, 00:55
edited

tabbycat
08-10-2005, 02:17
Name: Jilly

Sex: female

Path: Pagan-ish, although a little lost at the moment!

Element: Earth

Favourite Colours: Green, absolutely! Then purple, gold, sepia, ochres and terracotta.

Magickal Likes: Runes, pendulums, wands, crystal balls & pretty candles.

Crystals: Chrysoprase, moss agate, aventurine - in fact, anything green! Also moonstone, garnet, unakite, tourmaline, rutilated quartz and fluorite.

Animals: Cats! Also fond of horses, hares and wrens.

Favourite Scents: Sandalwood, peach and ylang-ylang. Like perfumes that are woody, spicy and green and not much into florals.

Vegan: No, although I eat veggie a lot. My cats eat meat, so I do too!

Shipping: anywhere

More Useful Facts: Jewellery freak - one can never have too many pairs of earrings, dahling! Like Art Nouveau and Art Deco style. Don't like aniseed. Don't usually do Xmas (Bah! Humbug!) so this is kind of therapy for me.

floracove
08-10-2005, 17:53
Hi all! Things r going really well thanks for all ur support and help! So far we have 14 signed up, and almost all the details have been given to me. I'll start sorting pairs out be end of this month, and will PM u with your person to send to and their details.

All packages should probably be shipped by mid November time before the xmas shipping rush. When shipping overseas you'll need a customs form filled out, they have them at your post office and will fill it out if u need help. Just say its a GIFT, and u should have no problems :)

Happy Holidays and Have fun gathering your goodies! :)

I'm tickled the exchange profile outline went over so well!
Figured it would since it has done a good job elsewhere's.

As far as shipping overseas, the form is not hard to fill out.
One side is for both addresses.
And the other is for making a list of contents, so be sure to write that down, if possible, so you have something to go by while standing in the PO.
(or have a good memory)
And most defiantely use the 'Gift' option, that keeps your reciever from having to pay some kinda $ for things that aren't 'gifts'. Not sure how this works...
But filling out the form is not hard, and if you have questions, they are happy to help.

I usually only put anywhere from 10 cents, to 50 cents on some stuff, just to try to keep the amount low, just in case they decide to try to charge them any type of amount.

Gifts are always a good option anyway. :)

Also, they will give you extra forms to take home with you, if you have other things you will be sending at a later time.
I usually ask for some extra's so in case I send something, I can fill the form out at home, and save time in the PO.

LadyofDreams
09-10-2005, 03:01
Name: LadyofDreams/ Charis

Path: Still looking

Element: Air and Earth, Taurus

Fave Colors: Deep purple is my fave, but I love any except pale pink

Magical Likes: Crystals, divination, Faeries.

Crystals (I'd like to have, but not limited to): All of them! Love amethyst, malachite, sunstone and fluorite

Animals: Wolf, Cat, Raven, Falcon, Bat and Horse... but again, All of Them!

Favorite Scents: lavendar and cinnamon, but my fave is clove

Vegatarian: No, but tend to stick to chicken.

Shipping: anywhere

More Useful Facts: Christmas has no religious meaning to me, it is simply a time when I am with my family. I love reading, candles, jewelry, especially earrings. I am not so good with "girly" stuff...

Guiding Cauldron
09-10-2005, 05:25
edited

sprite
09-10-2005, 05:55
im in what a great thought.

Guiding Cauldron
09-10-2005, 06:13
edited

jules
10-10-2005, 14:07
I would love to be in this, what an excellent idea :)
here's my profile

Name: Jules/Julie

Path: hmmmm not 100% on that one yet!!

Element: air, earth

Fave Colors: blue, silver, green, red

Magical Likes: crystals, herbs, tarot (of course!!)

Crystals (I'd like to have, but not limited to): aventurine, moldavite, rose quartz

Animals: cats

Favorite Scents: i can't think of one that i don't like!

Vegatarian: mostly

Shipping: Australia

More Useful Facts: I am moving into a new house by myself just before christmas this year so anything hand-made that i could decorate it with would be awesome!!

Guiding Cauldron
10-10-2005, 20:56
edited

catlin
11-10-2005, 21:05
Ok, count me in this fun!

Name: catlin (Nada in real)

Path: Celtic Wicca

Element: earth and fire (in Chinese I am also metal related - I am a metal dog according to Chinese astrology)

Fave Colors: blue, silver, red, dark green

Magical Likes: crystals, herbs and seeds, tarot (anything tarot related), incense

Crystals: unusual stones but also crystals like amethyst, lapis lazuli, rock crystal

Animals: cats

Favorite Scents: sandalwood, rosegeranium, lavender

Shipping: I live in Germany but I don't mind shipping stuff to countries in Europe, USA and or Canada (any other contries I have to check out with local post office for shipping and custom stuff).

About myself: I love pendants for necklaces and bracelets a lot, they can be unusual or funny, I am also interested in unusual oracle cards or other stuff.

rash212
13-10-2005, 18:24
Hey, this sounds like fun, I'm interested too!!! Count me in!

Guiding Cauldron
15-10-2005, 05:39
edited

Grizabella
15-10-2005, 06:39
OK count me in on this one, too. I should probably stick to shipping within the US, though.

Name: Lyric

Sex: F

Path: Spirituality, not religious

Element: Fire--Sagittarius

Fav. Colors: Jewel colors like in the Gilded deck----brilliant turquoise, purple, garnet reds-----mostly warm colors but I'm not much on yellows other than if they're incorporated in something to do with Mardi Gras.

Magical Likes: Tarot, journals, crystals, gems, candles, incense

Crystals: I love most crystals, but especially clear quartz, garnet and amethyst.

Animals: Bats, cougars, sea otters

Fav scents: Orientals, heady kind of spicy scents, lilac, ylang ylang

Vegan: No, but almost.

Shipping: probably US

More Useful Facts: I'm recently into tarot books a lot. I love rings and earrings, especially with garnet or marcasite stones but am not suggesting such a spendy gift for myself. Just the colors of those stones are "my" colors. I love Mardi Gras type things and collect the Mardi Gras masks and fancy clowns, beads, etc. I love copper. Naturally tarot bags, spread cloths, anything like that is welcome.

Demon Goddess
15-10-2005, 07:57
Is it too late for me to sign up?

This is me:

Name: Demon Goddess... Mundane name: Tina

Path: Unitarian Universalist

Element: No idea... I'm a Capricorn, born on the cusp with Sagitarious.

Fav. Colors: burgundy, blue-reds, teals, brilliant turquoise, purple, garnet reds----- warm colours but no yellow or orange

Magical Likes: Tarot, journals, candles, incense

Crystals: dunno.

Animals: Dogs, snakes

Fav scents: jasmin

Vegan: No

Shipping: GMX Worldwide (I'm in Canada)

More Useful Facts: I'd kill for the Reversals book that everyone is talking about or a gift certificate to pay for part of it at Amazon.

Guiding Cauldron
19-10-2005, 08:13
ok all i think we have plenty signed up for this so i'm going to close sign ups and get started in making the pair ups drawing from a hat this week. I'll let everybody know who they get and you can get started. Happy Holidays :)

Guiding Cauldron
21-10-2005, 05:46
Ok everyone I just finished PM everyone their xmas person to ship to :) Also remember that if u seek inspiration u can always look at the profiles we posted here or on each persons username profile :)

For those of you shipping overseas remember to fill out a customs form and mark the package on the form as a GIFT, it will save u money.

Also due to this being a Christmas Exchange we should try to get packages off and in the mail by second or third week of November. That gives everyone a chance to buy their Holiday goodies and also time to travel in the post! Hopefully everyone should get their package BEFORE Christmas :)

Keep coming back to this thread to kindly imply when u sent your package and to share when u recieve ur package from someone. Remember this is a secret thing so we don't know who is getting a box from who until that person gets it and tells all :)

Looking foward to shareing with all of you this Holiday Season endeavor, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :)

Guiding Cauldron
21-10-2005, 06:02
Just to clarify. I'm no longer interested in spells or that side of divination. Just not for me. I also like Eagles. Holiday Traditions would probably be makeing way to much food, holiday crackers, Gluewine :) Roaring fireplace fires, Candles, Decorateing a huge xmas tree with unusual ornaments, especially handmade or glass blown ones. christmas music is blasted in my home. And every year I make a Wreath for the front door complete with Mistletoe for Kissing! lol I'm really ethnic in nature and love all ways of life, countries etc. I'm very creative in nature so I flit from idea to idea lol Happy Holidays to all.. :)

Guiding Cauldron
29-10-2005, 02:22
Hello again all, we seem to have run into a wrinkle with some folks.
If u haven't yet posted an online profile regarding the xmas xchange could u plz do so? Some people would like to have some insight as to what they should get their secret person in the xmas xchange. Thanks a bunch! Hope ur haveing fun gathering ur goodies :) Cheers!

Xmas wishes
winging their way
to help those partnered
for their special delivery day.
Presents of kindness
thoughts of love
bountiful smiles
to all involved.

Guiding Cauldron
08-11-2005, 00:52
Hope everyone is well on their way to getting their secret boxes ready for their person!! It's christmas season and things are starting to get in full swing. Wether your makeing or buying trinkets I hope you are just enjoying the moment, then anticipateing the pure joy from the reciever you gets your heartfelt goodies :) To help with the Holiday season why not post a favorite recipe to exchange with us all here. Wether its shareing your fav drink, nibbles, or craft ideas. You never know when one of your ideas may become someones new holiday tradition as well, bringing us even closer here at AT. Cheers to you all! :)

I love roasted chestnuts:
Get fresh chestnuts from market
score an "x" across each nut
sprinkle with a bit of salt
roast in an oven on 200celcius for 10 - 20minutes.
The score marks should open up, let cool a bit then peel shell and eat as they are or drizzle honey on top :)

catlin
08-11-2005, 01:51
I think some of the best things of Xmas season are: gingerbread, hot spiced wine and Xmas markets.

a_shikhs
08-11-2005, 03:49
well the best thing i like about xmas are the huge xmas trees filled with decorations, the whole house smelling of candy and cakes,singing carols with your family and friends, putting a stocking near your bedside and actually praying for santa to fill it with goodies, the chilly weather and a cup of yummy hot chocolate, and the best thing about xmas is opening your gifts with your loved ones and watching their expressions as they open their gifts given by you...

floracove
10-11-2005, 15:18
Shew!
I've been so busy, things to take care of in RL.
I've felt like I was running behind.
I've got some things ready, got to find a box, and see how much more i can place inside.
Slowly, but surely...

Valerieb66
10-11-2005, 16:59
Hi guys ;-)

Yesterday I had a nice expedition for one of you (i'm not sure if we are suppose to know who does who?). Anyway, I think this country where i'm at at the moment (muscat, Oman) has some amazing tarot things, although it's not really tarot (since that is illegal). Thinks like crystals, wooden boxes for your cards, runes, jewelry.. wow.. lot's!

I have done my homework and am all ready - everything is at the postoffice ready to fly! :)

catlin
10-11-2005, 17:57
there is a Xmasgoodie on the way across the wild, wild ocean ;)

Guiding Cauldron
10-11-2005, 20:18
I'm so glad things are still comeing together and that some packages seem to be started their journeys wow! I have to say I do love xmas everything seems so much prettier that time of year lol All sparkly, and shiney, and snuggly. Can't wait to get my fireplace cleaned and the wood pile delivered so I can get all snuggled up with a blanket on the setee, in an evening:)

I'm slowly but surely gathering goodies for my person but I can't find xmas fabric anywhere just yet! :( Guess i'll have to try trusty ebay!! I think i've turned into an ebay aholic lmao.

May everyone have a fab day!

Eco74
10-11-2005, 20:30
People are already sending them??? :eek:
And here I am still trying to figure out the details... Have some ideas but then there's getting it all together.

I have checked out the postal service options though and it will be sent in good time before christmas.
See.. That means I'm prepared. :D

catlin
10-11-2005, 20:45
Hi Eco74,
I just wanted to avoid the Xmas rush in post offices, drives me nuts standing there and twiddle thumbs.

Valerieb66
10-11-2005, 22:47
Well, just as Catlin, mine has to travel over lots and lots of oceans... and make a journey of minumum of 20hours plane (and yes, I AM serious).

Funny thing is, in about one month i'll have to make the same (sort of) jouney as the xmas box i just sent. I'm going to the US next month for a week. ;) (where i will do A LOT of tarot shopping...whooohooo!!)

catlin
10-11-2005, 22:57
Ok, now there are some anetties living in the USA or close to it to get excited.

@sunshineluvr: you won't believe it or not but in Germany shops start displaying Xmas stuff usually in the first or second week of September. I remember last year when I had gingerbread to my birthday ;)

sunflowr
10-11-2005, 23:03
am I too late?

edit: ahh darn I guess it is. :( Man, we're still 2 weeks before thanksgiving! Ahh well. I wish I had noticed this thread a little sooner. My bad.

Kimberly
10-11-2005, 23:48
Ah, by what date did we have to ship? I have stuff coming in the mail, that I need to put in the package (so obviously I can't ship yet).

I'm just hoping that I'm not sending mine too late if I send it say, next week or the week after? :(

Eco74
11-11-2005, 00:04
As far as I've understood it, shipping should be done so that the package does not get caught up in the christmas rush and risk getting delayed past christmas or lost in the masses and heaps..

I'm aiming to get mine sent off so it arrives a couple of weeks or so before the actual holiday, and from that, deduce whatever time necessary for dispatch according to post office predictions.

Guiding Cauldron
11-11-2005, 00:47
TO Kimmee:

dont worry the shipping out of boxes is just a giudeline if you wanted it to arrive to its destination before xmas, the early birdies are more than likely shipping overseas, so to avoid postal rush some are trying to get theirs out. No worries though, ship yours when you can and when you feel comfortable haveing gathered all your bits :) Most important its a fun thing so dont get stressed! lol

TO CAT: :

I can't believe you Germans get all your goodies out so bloody early! lol oh by the way i tried to send you a PM but your box is full I have a question to ask is all. Can u get a hold of me plz ty :)

Sun: I sent you a PM :)

catlin
11-11-2005, 18:39
Hi there, sunshineluvr,
Cleared my post box a bit and sent you a PM.

"The early bird catches the worm" this is why I sent out stuff - no, honestly, with that many post offices closed down in Germany and the funny opening hours I try to avoid postal rush hours and as I have to send out pretty much stuff recently I thought why not include the Xmas goody, too.

Guiding Cauldron
12-11-2005, 00:29
I can't wait to send this box to my xmas person!! I hope they like it as much as I'm haveing fun getting it together!! Now all I have to do is wait for the fabric I ordered and make some lil goodies Next week :) Rubbing hands together in anticipation!! Oh the weather outside is frightfull but makeing goodies is so delightful! Cheers all :)

Valerieb66
12-11-2005, 17:03
I guess sending a package within the US (or for that matter any country) - three/two weeks before x-mas is fine.

International shipments REALLY* do need more time. I know here in Oman, but also when i lived in Dubai it took a month for something to arive because of local customs..(the took twoo weeks!) (ahh very irritating, since i always had to wait a LONG time for my ordered tarot/oracle decks when i ordered them from US)

rash212
14-11-2005, 14:16
Hi Everybody,
I do see everyone collecting stuff and some have already parceled.. wow... thats quick... well even i am nearly on the verge of posting:)... this is so much fun.. there is double excitment in this.. the first being the surprise gift that is on the way for each one of us and the second being the elation of someone recieving the goodies that we have collected for some unkown person.. i'm enjoying the mystic about this kind of thing:)
rash

Rowanne
17-11-2005, 00:18
Am I to late to sign up for this?? - Sounds like a great idea and I love Xmas so much!

Let me know as I have lots of little goodies ready to go and I make handmade stockings too!!

Love & Blessings

Rowanne xx

Guiding Cauldron
17-11-2005, 02:53
Rowanne your more than welcome to join in. Already have you paired up as well. :) Cheers!

Princess_Lucy
17-11-2005, 07:06
YAY! Yay yay yay!!! *jumps up and down clapping hands*
My parcel is all wrapped up and ready to be sent today!!! This is so exciting!!!
:love:
Lucy

Emeraldgirl
17-11-2005, 07:20
Almost done and ready to Post.

:D :D :D This is so exciting :D :D :D

Guiding Cauldron
17-11-2005, 07:29
Well it seems people are getting bitten by the xmas bug! So glad to feel all the excitment :)

I too am almost done just need to finish off a couple of handmade things and my box should be done by next weekend, to ship off across a very big ocean too! :)

Happy early Holidays!

Rowanne
19-11-2005, 06:58
Thanks - just PM me to let me know who I need to send out to. You can email me too at rowanne@pooloftears.com

Love & Blessings

Rowanne xx

Kimberly
19-11-2005, 10:00
Oh, oh! I bought some more goodies for my package today, but it's not done yet... still waiting for things to arrive in the mail for it! :laugh:

I just hope by the time I send it, it doesn't arrive late, LOL. Oh well, it'll be worth the wait, if it does get there a little later than expected ;)

Guiding Cauldron
19-11-2005, 18:38
Hi again all glad things are comeing together. Also Rowanne / Sunburst could you PM your address so that I can get that to your xmas person thanks a bunch :) You may want to post a profile as well so that your person can get bits for you if they need help :) Cheers!

sunflowr
19-11-2005, 19:27
I'm in. :)

Name: Sunflowr (Lisa)

Astrological sign: Taurus

Path: eclectic (mostly Angels and east indian traditions)

Element: Water & Earth

Fave Colors: Purple, Blue, Green, Pink

Magical Likes: tarot, tarot bags, oracles, I-Ching, runes, stones, angels, books on visualization manifestation and magick, candles, incense, oils, east indian images/figures particulary Ganesh.

Crystals: Clear quartz, rose quartz, would love a soulmate crystal, I also like amber. Angel-shaped crystal.

Animals: hummingbirds, dolphins, cats

Favorite Scents: patchouli, amber, nag champa

Vegatarian: no, but I dont eat alot of meat. Not offended by leather at all. I like leather! But no real fur.

Shipping: U.S or U.K

More Useful Facts: If anyone finds an angel pendant carved out of crystal, I would be the happiest woman in the world. Mine broke several years ago and could never find a replacement. - The Fool is my soul card. - My lucky number is 8. - I love east indian (or inspired by) music! Jai Uttal is a favorite music artist.

Emeraldgirl
21-11-2005, 11:16
Sent off my prezzie today :D :D :D Hope they like it

tieduptinkerbell
21-11-2005, 11:37
I would love to...

me

tieduptinkerbell
21-11-2005, 11:39
sounds like i missed out...

next year then...

hugs

Guiding Cauldron
22-11-2005, 01:35
Been busy busy sorting out prezzies galore! :) But knowing me postage will still nail me lol, oh well! I love that some packages are winging there way already!! YEAH, remember to post when you get a package that way the person knows you got it ok and to be honest we all want you to share your goodies so we can live vicariously through you and enjoy them too! :)

*Note to tieduptink, oh I just saw your posts dear, hummm lemme see what we can do if your still interested :)

****SEEKING EXTRA HELP PLEASE!!!!! Is there anyone willing to take on another xmas xchange person so that tink can join in the fun too? I would but I already have two and they are both overseas for me, so I really can't. I just hate to have anybody miss out though :( Give a hollar back by posting or PM me and lemme know please. THANK YOU and HUGE HUGS in advance for that special someone whos willing to giv e extra :)

sagewriter
22-11-2005, 02:25
i shall be sending my package soon. derby really is diabolical for shopping! i couldn't even find anything to decorate the bag with, tut tut!

Guiding Cauldron
23-11-2005, 07:06
(Sing to jingle bells)

xmas spells
incense smells
packages are on their way.....
Oh what fun it is to glide
whistleing all the way, hey!

tarot tells
crystals help
mulled wine to make you say.....
oh what fun it is to gather and sing
humming all the way, hey!

Don't mind me just my own quirky version :)

Guiding Cauldron
23-11-2005, 20:05
Oh yeah!! Rowanne and tieduptinkerbell have joined the xmas fun! ANd no they dont have each other for the xchange!! lol That would be WAY to easy!! :)

Thank you to those that offered to have an extra person, it was fabulous of you. I'm sure you will be blessed for your extra efforts :)

On a side issue I keep hearing we may get SNOW here this weekend!! OMG I havent seen snow in years! So it will be so much fun to see again for me!! I dont know about you but this time of year makes me feel like such a kid inside and I cant help but smile like a lunatic!! lol I just love giving to others and seeing them smile :)

I also love seeing all sorts of sparklies and ornaments and xmas lights in the evening followed by a lovley glass of gluewine :)

I also finished makeing a gift bag for someone... hee hee, and am working on a couple lil extras now that i found the proper stuffing at my weekly market. :)

Many cheers to all and frosty swirls your way!

sunflowr
23-11-2005, 21:44
Oh yeah!! Rowanne and tieduptinkerbell have joined the xmas fun! ANd no they dont have each other for the xchange!! lol That would be WAY to easy!! :)

Thank you to those that offered to have an extra person, it was fabulous of you. I'm sure you will be blessed for your extra efforts :)

On a side issue I keep hearing we may get SNOW here this weekend!! OMG I havent seen snow in years! So it will be so much fun to see again for me!! I dont know about you but this time of year makes me feel like such a kid inside and I cant help but smile like a lunatic!! lol I just love giving to others and seeing them smile :)

I also love seeing all sorts of sparklies and ornaments and xmas lights in the evening followed by a lovley glass of gluewine :)

I also finished makeing a gift bag for someone... hee hee, and am working on a couple lil extras now that i found the proper stuffing at my weekly market. :)

Many cheers to all and frosty swirls your way!

No frosty swirls here in sunny southern California, where it'll be 80-something degrees for Thanksgiving. :-\ hehe! But it's nice to read such Christmas spirit. :) :)

catlin
23-11-2005, 22:51
This week the 2 Xmas markets in Mannheim and the ones at Heidelberg will start. The weather here is grey but dry, a bit frosty in the morning.

I have already munched some gingerbread biscuits (NŁrnberger Elisen) and a baggy of roasted chestnuts. Shops have already Xmas decorations and I bought some tins of cat food with goose flavour for the kitties.

Jingle bells, jingle bells....

Eco74
23-11-2005, 23:11
Gah... Need time for shopping and the weekend is fully booked during the opening hours for the stores...

Seriously considering ditching SO and his mom to hit the stores during the day and then get on the bus to see my brother and his pregnant wife.
I've met SOs mom more than my brother in the last year or two anyway and they live too far away for me to see them more often.
This weekend while they're visiting mom and dad would be perfect..

Aside from that.. I need some .... and .... before I can finish off the package, and the ... is going to look very lovely indeed if I just get all the .... and ...... and ...... in place properly..
Considering what else to add in the extra ..., though I have a pretty good idea. Also, still waiting for ...... to be delivered... Can't finish without the ......! And hoping I can get a good deal on that ...... ..... I have an eye on. If I can, off it goes too. :D

Aside from that, winter has taken a firm hold here and the lake has not yet frozen over but is taking on a shade of blue that is more similar to the sky above it..
Also, my boss said he might buy me a christmas cracker which made me all excited. :party:

Naudia
24-11-2005, 05:51
Hello Sunshineluvr;

I'm in. What is required extactly? I can't read all nine pages. I makes me too dizzy.

May the Gods bless you and yours.

Naudia.

a_shikhs
25-11-2005, 01:24
yippeee..... i sent my parcel today..... hope it reaches in time for xmas... i am so excited.... yippee dippeee doooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sagewriter
25-11-2005, 04:32
i sent my parcel today.

i hope it reaches you soon :)

rash212
25-11-2005, 14:01
My parcel has begun its journey:)).. i'm sooo excited!!!!!!!!! My little pink box should reach by wednesday!!!

Guiding Cauldron
25-11-2005, 21:32
So many on the way, yeah!! Cheer and blessings :)

Naudia I will PM u

Guiding Cauldron
25-11-2005, 22:32
Whew! I finally wrapped up my parcels and heading to the post after my lil bear wakes up from his nap, Wahoo!!!! :) Now they will be flying over very large oceans to get where they need to go, on opposite sides of the world!! Hope they are enjoyed, Cheers! xx

Eco74
25-11-2005, 23:47
Didn't get the ****** delivered.. Making alternate plans..
I do have some other things I'll be able to finalise soon-ish though. *s*

And worry not. Postal services when I send stuff is really quick. :D

Rhiamon
27-11-2005, 04:51
did I miss this? Boo-hoo...I love exchanges :(

Guiding Cauldron
28-11-2005, 05:25
Sage you dear! Thank you so much for my parcel! Got it yesterday and it was a wonderful addition to help me pick me up as I was not feeling well. :)
Loved the herb Ladys mantle, it will be helpfull as I found out today I may be pregnant again! Also LOVE the incense of Jasmine and the Irish cream smells divine! The gemstone, gemstone on string, were lovely I'm not sure which they are as yet but I love the color and can feel great energy from the stone. I wear the orange ring often and love it it bits :) Did you make th ebag? Its a lovely shade of purple thank you so much! The cute snowman card was great as I LOVE snowmen lol. The worry dolls are fab as well, and very handy. You did such a great job and its all so very much appreciated!! I even loved the fairy wrapping paper :) Hugs to you xx

13thFaeChylde
28-11-2005, 05:27
did I miss this? Boo-hoo...I love exchanges :(

Rhiamon, maybe I can partner with you?
I'm late also, as usual!

Naudia
28-11-2005, 06:01
Hello sunshineluvr;

Thanks so much for responding about to me. I can't wait to see how I'll be partnered up with!

Naudia.

sagewriter
28-11-2005, 06:19
Sage you dear! Thank you so much for my parcel! Got it yesterday and it was a wonderful addition to help me pick me up as I was not feeling well. :)
Loved the herb Ladys mantle, it will be helpfull as I found out today I may be pregnant again! Also LOVE the incense of Jasmine and the Irish cream smells divine! The gemstone, gemstone on string, were lovely I'm not sure which they are as yet but I love the color and can feel great energy from the stone. I wear the orange ring often and love it it bits :) Did you make th ebag? Its a lovely shade of purple thank you so much! The cute snowman card was great as I LOVE snowmen lol. The worry dolls are fab as well, and very handy. You did such a great job and its all so very much appreciated!! I even loved the fairy wrapping paper :) Hugs to you xx

Yaaaayyy! I'm so glad you liked it!!! ooooh, i hope all goes well with being pregnant! i don't know the uses of any herbs, that one just felt right :)

the gemstone was, ah, some sort of jasper, not picasso, the name reminds me of art for some reason. i shall have to look it up. no idea what the ring was, nor the necklace i'm afraid!

yes i made the bag, i was hoping to decorate it, but couldn't find anything where i lived.

glad you like them all!

x x

Kimberly
28-11-2005, 08:35
Ack! I still have yet to mail my package... still awaiting an important addition to it in the mail... eek!

If the item doesn't reach me by next weekend, I'm going to mail my parcel anyway and just send that item seperate from it. I hope the person I'm sending it to doesn't mind :laugh: but it will deffinately be worth the wait, that item is the best of the bunch in my opinion! hehe.

Rhiamon
28-11-2005, 08:46
Name: Rhiamon/Tina

Path: Wicca

Element: earth

Fave Colors: purple and green

Magical Likes: crystals, herbs, oils, candles!, tarot, incense

Crystals: I love rose quartz, amethyst, and would love some quartz points :)

Animals: cats, dogs, anything furry and cute (no snakes...ewww)

Favorite Scents: I love them all

Vegatarian:not quite, but don't eat alot of red meats

Shipping: Anywhere

More Useful Facts:I am a mommy, so can't really fit any knick-knack type thingies where my toddler won't grab them. I love candles especially, and anything magical, and I LOVE drinking tea!...oh, and I read, read, read :)

13thFaeChylde
28-11-2005, 10:06
Name: Kellie

Path: Eclectic Pagan...I love to learn from all paths

Element: fire-born, but relate to all of them

Fave Colors: purple/green/blue + orange+pink + darkreds and browns...ok, I love colors! You should see my house, lol

Magical Likes: crystals, herbs, oils, candles, tarot, incense, books,

Crystals: would love a pendant, I don't have any crystals to wear
my ears are pierced.

Animals: yes :) totem animals would be hawk, crow, bear

Favorite Scents: patchouli, sage, sandalwood, rose, jasmine, neroli

Vegatarian: actually, I am gluten-intolerant so food is problematic for me

Shipping: US please

More Useful Facts: I love bath/spa stuff...known to spend hours in bookstores, love to read...am taking herbalist courses, so herbs are well-loved, also into flower essences. Very into tea and poetry lately.
And faeries, but not the cutesy kind. Am woefully lacking tarot bags/spreadcloth. Oh, and I am dying to learn how to knit.

Rhiamon
28-11-2005, 10:46
Name: Kellie

Path: Eclectic Pagan

Element: fire

Fave Colors: purple/green/blue + orange+pink

Magical Likes: crystals, herbs, oils, candles, tarot, incense, books

Crystals: would love a pendant, I don't have any crystals to wear

Animals: yes :)

Favorite Scents: patchouli, sage, sandalwood, rose, jasmine, neroli

Vegatarian: flexitarian

Shipping: US please

More Useful Facts: I love bath/spa stuff...known to spend hours in bookstores, love to read...am taking herbalist courses, so herbs are well-loved, also into flower essences. Very into tea and poetry lately.
And faeries, but not the cutesy kind. Am woefully lacking tarot bags/spreadcloth.
hey, we would make great partners! We have alot in common!!!! :thumbsup: Maybe we oughta ask if we can do that!

13thFaeChylde
28-11-2005, 11:30
hey, we would make great partners! We have alot in common!!!! :thumbsup: Maybe we oughta ask if we can do that!

hehehe...hint hint!!
If it's supposed to be a secret, I have to tell you I have an awful memory, and will forget all about who I sent it to, lol.

wisteria
28-11-2005, 11:44
Am I too late to join in?

Rhiamon
28-11-2005, 11:48
hehehe...hint hint!!
If it's supposed to be a secret, I have to tell you I have an awful memory, and will forget all about who I sent it to, lol.
LOLOL...who are you again?

Kahlie
28-11-2005, 18:24
Hey All,

I wrote that I would be replacement in case somebody needed a last minute partner =) Guess I was needed. Here it goes:

Name: Kahlie (Rianne)

Astrological sign: Gemini

Path: Roman Catholic, but not like most people think of them. I do not follow the Church. Just the Bible and ofc. the idea that we should love everybody. =)

Element: Water

Fave Colors: Green, although lately I'm being drawn to Yellow and Red.

Tarot/Oracle/Books
- Still looking for a good book (No deck, no sticks) about the I-Ching. (The Verses)
- Faces of Woman Spirit (Oracle)
- Carolyn Miss Archetype Cards (Oracle)
- Looking for the book of Quantum Healing (By Gordon)
- Looking for any of the books from Colin Lambert

I have a very wide booktaste, but I also own a lot of books already, so Generous Spirit who has me, beware.

Crystals: Still looking for fire opals, also looking for amber. Prefer stones that are around 3 by 3 cm or smaller. (Small hands, and I like them on the table) Other stones are welcome, I don't have much myself and I'd like to put down more in my Healing Space.

Animal: Bunnies/Hares

Favorite Scents: Please don't send me anything scented, although a small package (like they would put into closets) is still in the ok. I have had many bad reactions to scented candles etc. So I tend to avoid them. Lavender however goes well with me =)

Vegetarian: Nope.

More Useful Facts:
I'm incredibly picky with the kind of Tarot Decks I use. I have watched hundreds of Decks and only a few still strike me as: "Hmm, if I have cash, maybe I should buy that". I still only have 2 Decks on my Wishlist, but they are too expensive to name here.
In Oracles, I am very open to receive. I have no problem with second hand decks at all.
I love books, bags, spreadcloths and all that. I would really appriciate any hand-crafted item =) (Although sadly, I'm not sure if I can return the favour, because I'm late and I have nothing finished!)
Boxes are also very welcome.
Anything chinese is also appriciated, but I do NOT read the language. (I am half-chinese).

No baths/soaps either for me. I don't have a bath, and the skin reaction can be quite... bad.

Kahlie

Will of course update this when I realise I missed like a hundred things that I could have added here :)

13thFaeChylde
28-11-2005, 23:50
I am soooo friggin excited I can't stand it!!! :D :D :D

Guiding Cauldron
29-11-2005, 00:07
you are so funny :) Happy gathering!!

Kahlie
29-11-2005, 01:17
Ah... I'm also excited,
but mostly... I was surprised that I found myself in a store I wouldn't have found myself into... finding something I would never buy for myself... but somehow seems to fit my "Xmas Victim" perfectly =)

The intuitive shopping bug bites again...

Kahlie

silmarillion
29-11-2005, 02:00
Name: heather

Astrological sign: aries with scorpio moon (not a typical aries)
Path:eclectic mix of pagan stuff and my own ideas

Element:earth ,air and fire

Fave Colors: cyan blue, blood red,teale,deep purple,gold and autumn colours dark green, copper and black. not much into pastels, pink and white

Tarot/Oracle/Books;
i work mainly with medieval scampini and RWS. the prettiest one ive bought recently that i spend a lot of time salivating over is the golden tarot of the czars.
i also like runes,palmistry and the druids tree oghams

Crystals: diamonds (only joking)...i like iron pyrites, turquiose, turomaline, clear quartz,bloodstone, lapis lazuli,malachite (though i think the stones are pretty to look at and make nice jewellery im not really into crystals for any other reason)

Animal: dragon flies,peacocks,dogs,sheep,ulysees butterflys, though i have a phobia of frogs and other slippery creatures

Favorite Scents: rose oil, musk,nag champa,sandlewood,lavender,cederwood. im not into citrus and other fruity scents.
magical things; alchemy pictures, tarot,candles (not beeswax),herbs and plants, incense, faeries, books on tarot,palmistry paganism and druidism.

Vegetarian: strict vegeterian (vegan mainly but im a sucker for a big slice of chocolate cake occassionally)(ie no leather,beeswax,silk, honey or animal products, no non cruelty free items,only plant based food products etc....wool is ok)

shipping; preferably australia, im a bit low on cash at the moment

More Useful Facts: i live in australia and its coming up to midsummer in december and ill probobly spend christmas under a shadey tree at the beach!the temps go up to 40 degrees centigrade.i hate plastic and i love trees. im an avid collecter of dangly crystal earings and i love poetry and paintings.i like wee fairies and wooden things. i love art nouveaux alphonse mucha is my fave painter.
i really appreciate things that people have made for me as i believe it is the intention behind the made object and not the object itself that is the true treasure.i like to read a wide mix of books and i love tea and gossip.i would love to exchange a pressie with somebody who will make it themselves as id like to have a bash at doing that. (im into painting, drawing and making well intentioned spells to the individuals specifications so long as they mean well and it doesnt affect anyone else)

silmarillion
29-11-2005, 02:04
am i too late? id still like to do it....could the organiser let me know if possible?

tabbycat
29-11-2005, 02:39
Parcel posted today - well, two parcels, as there was just too much Xmas yumminess to fit into one! Hope it arrives safe and sound!

sunflowr
29-11-2005, 11:59
Goodies Goodies! :) I got mine today! :) :) Are we allowed to say from who? Well, I wont yet until I know I can say. But yea, I got it! :) All the way from the U.K to here in L.A! (hey that rhymes!). :)

Wow, fast delivery! Only a week, I think!

I'm still working on mine. I know I'm slow, but it will be out by thursday. :)

Among the cool items I got today in the mail:

a Bollywood cd! I love east indian music. So does my dad. My dad is eyeing that CD. ;)

An angel oracle ("Angel Journey Cards" by Terri Lynn Taylor and Brian Williams). I havent seen it around in YEARS!! I am soooo thrilled about it because I didnt think I'd ever see it again.

some interesting candy that I dont see here in L.A, that's for sure. ;)

beautiful angel stuff! :) Including a crystal pendant!

jewerly (earrings, beads that the pendant is on)

spread or altar cloth. Beautiful!

A crystal cluster

dolphin calendar

incense, a little book, a tree ornament, assorted goodies. :)

What a surprise today! :) Thanks you-know-who!!

edited to add: sunshineluvr! :)

Naudia
30-11-2005, 11:59
Hello Kahlie!

I am your partner! So here is a little about me.[Well...Alot about me.]

Name:
Naudia

Sex:
Female

Astrological Sign:
Pisces poking Aries

Path:
Very electic to say the least. I like the more mysterious Gods like Hecate, Kali, Morigan, Hades. But in my pantheon I uphold the Fates and Fortuna more than the Gods themselves. For who can escape their fate and destiny? Recently, I have been eyeing the Hindu Gods. Sarasavti being one of them. Everyone needs a creativity Goddess don't you think?

Element:
1. Water- Well I am a Pisces. I honestly take at least two showers a day.
2. Fire-My birth chart is burning with fire. Scrying with it is wonderful especially on these cold nights.
3. Air-Since the day I was born my birthday is always usually windy. The best method For me to clean out my aura is to sit outside on a windy day.
4. Earth-I have a hard time staying on the ground. And I hate money. Why can't we just back to the barter system?

Favorite Colors:
1. Amber-No not yellow, amber. I love that liquid color.
2. Black-I love the elegance of it.
3. White-As above the same below.
4. Peridot-I love the intensity of it. Reminds me of Beltane.

Tarot/Oracles/Books:
Anything original and usual. I don't care if it's second hand or thrift shop quality. That just means the piece was loved.
Tarot:
1.Just a deck of playing cards. I already bought the cards that where meant for me.
Oracles:
1. A round mirror the size of a c.d. I love to scry with mirrors. And I love to engrave them.
2. An amber pendelum. I have a copper one, but I just want to find an amber one.
3. A small blue or black glass ball. I have a lilac one and a bigger clear quartz ball but I want one to scry in water.
Books:
1. "Eqyptian Birth Signs"-Storm Constantine
2. "Goddess Signs"-Angelica Danton
3. "The Complete Idiot's Guide To Numerology"-Kay Lagerquist, Lisa Lenard
3. "The Complete Book Of Incense, Oils, & Brew"-Scott Cunningham
4. "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need"-Joanna Martine Woolfolk
5. "Celtic Tree Mysteries"-Steve Blamires

Crystals:
If you haven't noticed...
1. Amber: Anything quite honestly. I love amber with nothing in it. Which is cheaper than the ones with things in it. Funny how it is the only stone that has to have lots of debris to be priced higher. I am trying to collect small-medium tumbled pieces of amber to make a rune set. So that would be twenty-four pieces in all. An amber pendelum as mentioned as before. Beads, tumbled peices, crafted pieces. Yeah, basically anything amber no matter how small will brighten up my day. [Fire]
2. Coral: I am looking for pink coral 6mm beads. That's about it with this stone. [Water]

Animal:
1. Tiger: It's my Chinese astrological animal. [Again with the element of fire.]
2. Koi: It's my Piscean nature. I have a black messenger bag that I hand-painted with a koi fish. It is drawn in the four basic colors of the elements.
3. Peacock: I absolutely love eyes. And the peacock's tail has one thousand eyes. Their feathers are wonderful for aura cleansing outside.
4. Bear: Celtic astrological animal. Sometimes a little too grounded for me.

Insects/Mythic/Others:
1. Butterfly: Four out of my nine rings are butterflies. They remind me to constantly evolve.
2. Spider: Keep on weaving ideas into my head. Creativity must shine. You can't keep the sun in a cave without it bursting.
3. Phoenix: Emerging from the ashes of bad situations and shine brighter than before.
4. Dragon: Calm and peaceful with tremendous energy not only physical but emotional and mental.

Favorite Scents:
1. Ocean scents: Goes without saying.
2. Lavender: Light, fresh, clean, crisp. Wonderful for mediation.
3. Wood chips: Pine, Cedar, Rosewood, Sandalwood. Nature's sedution at its best.
4. Berries: Balckberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries! Oh the joy of the seasons.

Vegetarian:
To the waiter; "When I poke it I want it to go MOO!"

More Useful Facts:
Being a graphic designer by profession; a perfectionist at heart; and a fine artist by eye and hand-anything creative you can come up with is all.

Naudia.

Guiding Cauldron
01-12-2005, 20:52
Goodies here,
Goodies there,
Goodies flying everywhere!
Kissed by the xmas bug'
trying not to get to feverish....
collecting, gathering, down right wrestling,
for the packages piece de resistance!
Hugs to calm,
OHM to center,
Meditations.....
then on comes the glitter!
Frantic creating, cutting and trimmings,
bows, ribbons, and sometimes nigglings
Thoughts enter, the size of the box.....
might bloody well not be big enough!
Oh oh what to do,
gather a bigger box,
and fill new space with....
something true!
Off to the POST
heavens the lines a hoax!
Sending on its way....
safely hugged by the recipiant, of the day! :)

Cheers to all and to all a good flight!

a_shikhs
01-12-2005, 23:17
ooohhh sunshine,
i love reading your little poems. they always make me smile. You really keep up the xmas spirit in all of us... :-)))

wisteria
04-12-2005, 13:17
Name: Wisteria
Astrological Sign: Virgo

Fav. Colour: Green, white, blue , pink (No red for me !)

Magical like: Tarots and Crystal, I will like to try out runes
Crystal: No particular ones but I dun like brown or black coloured ones
Tarot: Child-like, fairies/fey or clones of rider waite. (Iím a beginner so best prefer is a deck and book set)

Fav scent: Mint, lavender and light floral or fruity smell.

Food: anything that is sweet and delicious..

About me:

Currently a student. I like jewellery making but I do not wear them and I donít put on make up (a lazy one). Basically I like stuff that normal girls will like.

sagewriter
04-12-2005, 22:58
yay! my mum has said my package arrived at home, i now have to wait 2 weeks until i can open it :( (i am at university)

Chronata
05-12-2005, 00:26
I am mailing my package later this week! I hope it gets to its destination before christmas! I apologize for the delay...but I have been too sick to get outta bed.

Rhiamon
05-12-2005, 02:42
I am mailing my package later this week! I hope it gets to its destination before christmas! I apologize for the delay...but I have been too sick to get outta bed.
oh man....feel better....and stay warm ;)

a_shikhs
05-12-2005, 03:35
Yippeeee........ my first parcel has reached its destination.. I hope that person likes everything and has a rocking xmas!!!!! My second parcel is still on its way and it should reach the required destination by the end of next week, i guess... This was real fun.... Thank you sunshine for making my xmas special.....

Eco74
05-12-2005, 04:16
Will be getting my gathered goodies under way tomorrow..
Due to postal rules and a few grams too many, there will be two packages. One big and one small.
Need to get another envelope for the small one or I'd have sent it off today..

With any luck, they'll reach their destination on the same day. :)

I have had SO much fun putting it all together.. I can only hope the recipient will have as much fun taking it all out as I had making, gathering and altering. :D

Guiding Cauldron
05-12-2005, 04:17
Christmas Prayer:

A Prayer to all
who need it
this time of year may
make you believe in it!
From illneses
and bills
daily troubles and
spills.
Weather thats moody
cars are tempermental
winds and colds
snow and frost, now thats special! (sarcasm)
May all stay warm
dry and snuggled in
offering a tea cup
filled with your favorite, but please not gin!
Stoking a wood fire
before you
and offering a blanket to
warm you. :)

Please let us all be aware that some have found the holidyas trying thus far as best! Some of us have gotten injured, some of us are sick, some of us have bill troubles and still they are all concerned with others gifts! Please dont despair if you recieve a package late, your xmas persons are doing their best and I'm sure it wil be worth whatever wait :) We're all friends here and would not wish anyone to hurry through a troubling time, get yourselves better and sorted knowing hugs are lurking around the corners! :) xx
Happy HOlidays to ALL !! :)

silmarillion
05-12-2005, 04:56
is there a guidline as to how much we should spend?

Eco74
05-12-2005, 05:14
No guidelines other than spend what you want to or can.

The thought is what counts and the personal touch that will undoubtedly be there is what's most valuable.
I'm sure there are plenty of homemade goodies going around aswell (I have a few in my package atleast) so not everything has to be bought..
What can be bought can also be personalised and does not have to be the expensive or perfect item to begin with.

Read up on the person you will be sending the package to and allow yourself to get inspired. Then - take it from there. :)

Guiding Cauldron
05-12-2005, 07:10
could not have said it better myself echo! ty :)

Eco74
05-12-2005, 07:14
Thankyou. :)

LadyofDreams
06-12-2005, 06:14
wrapped, taped, sent, with love :love:

~lady

Eco74
06-12-2005, 06:31
And off they went... No 1 (aka The Big One) and No 2 (aka The Small One) are laying in a bag at the postoffice waiting to be picked up, sorted and passed on.

*sitting back after a good days chores with a nice cup of apple/cinnamon/raisin-tea hoping for swift deliveries and kindly postal-workers so there won't be so many bumps on it all when it gets to the recipient*

Grizabella
06-12-2005, 09:24
Do we post here what we got when we got our package? And do we say who from?

sunflowr
06-12-2005, 09:24
Please let us all be aware that some have found the holidyas trying thus far as best! Some of us have gotten injured, some of us are sick, some of us have bill troubles and still they are all concerned with others gifts! Please dont despair if you recieve a package late, your xmas persons are doing their best and I'm sure it wil be worth whatever wait :) We're all friends here and would not wish anyone to hurry through a troubling time, get yourselves better and sorted knowing hugs are lurking around the corners! :) xx
Happy HOlidays to ALL !! :)

I've been sick too. Mine is going out this week but man, I wanted it out by last friday. Oh well, it will definitely get out to it's destination very soon. :)

sunflowr
06-12-2005, 09:25
oh man....feel better....and stay warm ;)

(((((hugs))))) to Chronata. I've been sick too. :(

Rhiamon
06-12-2005, 10:06
(((((hugs))))) to Chronata. I've been sick too. :(
oh man...it's hard to get into the spirit of the hildays when the sickies accompany them eh? Hope you feel better :) (((((hugs))))))

Eco74
06-12-2005, 17:04
I don't believe there is a rule for that but confirming that the package has arrived is probably a most welcome thing for the sender. Just seeing that everything got there and all..

And if there's a senders name on the package I'd say it's fair game to mention the on-screen-name of the person or give a "hint" on who it was from. ;)

wisteria
06-12-2005, 23:16
Ya christmas coming soon... counting down. But I haven't send out my parcel out yet, I will try to send it out this weekend , hopefully it will reached there in time.

Guiding Cauldron
07-12-2005, 06:36

Nice to c everyones xmas spirit alive! lol Yes you can post here when you've recieved a package, I'm sure your xmas person would like to know it got safely where its suppossed to go to :) Also you can say openly who your package is from once youve gotten it. Rememebr we all live vicariously through everybody else here, so please share your joy and what your goodies are :) Even if its to give some ideas for next year!! :) Happy Holidays everyone!

Princess_Lucy
07-12-2005, 10:10
Hi all - I have a message from Jules, because she isn't able to post due to new work internet restrictions....

I just want to say a big thanks to sunshineluvr for my excellent Christmas present!!!!
Fingers crossed my work internet restrictions are lifted, and I can post in further detail soon!!!
:love: Jules

a_shikhs
08-12-2005, 00:41
Yiipppeeee Dippeee dooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! i got my xmas parcel today afternoon. And oh my god, it was full of lovely and yummy goodies..... And that angel of god sent me 2 big parcels full of xmas goodies.. You should have seen my face when the postman got both the parcels.. I just couldnt close my mouth..lol...... :D This xmas has surely been very very very special for me.. :party:

THANK YOU TABBYCAT FOR THE WONDERFUL XMAS PARCEL AND YOU HAVE MADE MY CHRISTMAS VERY VERY SPECIAL............

Muahhhhh :*
Shikhs :laugh:

tabbycat
08-12-2005, 03:00
You're very welcome, sweetheart! I enjoyed putting it together and Fortune sent me all the right things.

Jilly

Grizabella
08-12-2005, 04:53
Okay then, I'll tell!

My gift came from rash212. She sent me two of the most beautiful bags, one sequined and one embroidered. Also the Doreen Virtue Goddess Guidance Oracle which is just breathtaking! I'm still learning it. Then a beaded little trinket box with handmade beadwork covering the top and sides. Also a little enameled copper dish in the shape of a fish and a beautiful elephant figurine covered in beads, copper coils and mirrors in triangle shapes. The fish and elephant were especially meaningful to my late husband, so it was like getting a little message from him too! She's in India, so that makes everything even more special, that it came from such a faraway place. I've found out that she's Sagittarian like I am---we're sort of kindred spirits that way.

Thanks Rash, for such a wonderful package! You've made my Christmas very special. I've even saved the pretty wrapping paper and box everything came in. :D

Eco74
08-12-2005, 05:29
Reporting another very wide and happy smile due to a package having reached its destination.

A package from Mexico no less, from our wonderful Ocho8s.

Firstly, a lovely card, which felt more like a letter.
A lot of thought went into it all and it made me feel all warm inside.
Not liking it. Loving it!! :love:

The box is absolutely amazing.. A cigar-box with an image of the lovers on it. Gold details and the artstyle is so fluid and light.. Fabulously painted, absolutely beautiful and it really had me aaahing. Not ooohing, my jaw was somewhat too dropped for that sound. *s*
And then the nativityset.. A genuine mexican nativityset with wonderful colors. We have nativitysets here aswell but these figures blew me away with their colors.. Also, I've never had a set of my own since I never found one I liked.
This will be a recurring christmasdecoration for sure and I'll be setting them up on a shelf in our livingroom tonight, or possibly in the window..
The earrings are wonderful aswell, and I'm wearing them already. Definitely will again at christmas (clothes to match the color of the pearls used) and will proudly announce where I got them from when asked. :D
And then, the oils.. Love the idea of spoiling myself a little extra, and they will be put to good use.

I'm soooo happy right now. :) :D :*

Oh, when I was showing my SO what I got he said "but if it's a christmas present, why are you opening it now?".
To which I replied "so I can wear the earrings". :D

Emeraldgirl
08-12-2005, 07:53
Wow that is so exciting :D :D :D :D

Can't wait to see if my gift gets to it's person and if they like it (I hope they like it)

a_shikhs
08-12-2005, 10:53
Even i would love to share my xmas experience with you'll. First of all, yesterday afternoon when the postman came, i surely didnt expect my parcel to come as i thought it would take another 2 or 3 weeks to reach me bcos of the slow postal services in India.;) lol... when my mom came in holding 2 parcels for me, i was quite zapped and excited at the early delivery of the parcels.
For a few minutes i kept admiring the box and the other details. Then i thought that i'll keep it safely in my cupboard and open it during xmas eve. But who was i kidding...As afternoon started to fade, i kept getting restless and kept opening my cupboard to look at the parcels again and again.lol.. Finally in the night, i decided to rip open both the parcels as xmas was way toooo long ahead...
So i carefully opened the small parcel and inside they were such cute goodies!!! Tabbycat handmade a beautiful blue coloured tarot bag for me with dazzling beads hanging over and a gorgeous cloth inside full of stars.Then there was a yummy xmas fruitcake which is already eaten by me and my sister.hehe.. And a yummy looking xmas pudding which im planning to save for xmas. I dont think it will last that long..:D Two beautiful xmassy ornaments made of cloth which i am definately gonna hang on my tree this year - a heart shaped cushion ornament and a pillow shaped ornament. They are so cuddly and soft. A rose quartz huge heart shaped crystal rock which is gorgeous. I am going to use that crystal rock for meditation and divination purpose. Rose quartz crystal bracelet and i guess a black turmolite crystal bracelet and one more bracelet. A very stylish amethyst necklace which is GORGEOUS as i love jewellery... This was my first parcel.
And when i opened my second parcel, i literally screamed with excitement.... They were 2 tarot decks, one oracle deck, 2 lovely aromatherapy soaps which i plan to save as well, 1 beautiful purple divination beesewax candle and the prettiest xmas card ive ever seen. I love collecting pretty greeting cards and was very very happy to add this in my collection...I dont think i'll ever have the heart to burn that candle.I got the Unicorn Tarot, Spiral Tarot, and The Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud.:party: Ive always wanted the faeries oracle and i really couldnt believe my eyes when i saw it in my parcel. I was actually shell shocked for an instant and couldn't speak. My voice was all squeaky..hahahaa.. I loved all 3 decks and i plan to open them tonight and study them. The decks were wrapped in beautiful xmassy paper with cute xmassy decorations hanging over them. Tabbycat, thank you so much for everything and i love the wrapping paper and the cute little decos. Ive kept the card in my treasure box along with the wrapping paper, decorations and even the box.hehe.. Ive actualy clicked snaps of the prezzies for memories!!!:cool2:I will try to attach the snaps to show everyone. I seriously and sincerely thank you wholeheartedly for making this christmas so very special for me...:royal:

A huge bear hug and a kiss to you Jilly,
Shikhs...:*

silmarillion
08-12-2005, 12:34
wisteria

have done all my christmas shopping now.will post the pressie tommorrow! ooooooooooh i hope youll like it!

rash212
08-12-2005, 13:55
Dear Lyric,
I am so glad I could make your christmas special:), in turn that makes my christmas special tooo:)... !!!!
It feels great to have met you, thanks to Sunshineluvr:).. thankyou !!

Love
Rash

rash212
08-12-2005, 14:15
mmm..i am begining to get impatient:)...i cant wait to open my christmas gift... i hope its on its way... CANT WAIT.. I guess patience is not one of my virtues:).. Could i atleast get a hint as to from where its coming..... oo please pretty pleases!!!!!!!!
rash

catlin
08-12-2005, 18:04
First I wanted to keep it until Xmas to open it then but as the nutter of mailman had placed it outside on my balcony and it was raining all day long the package was soaked and I had to open it.

Inside I found a red cardboard box with tiny dragons on it (guess it held once a happy buddha or dragon or some similar Chinese item) and this one was luckily dry.

First thing my eye caught was a Xmas herbal doll (smells lovely of cinnamon. clover and lots of other xmas spice), an aura spray with neroli, Ylang-ylang etc (very lovely smell, too. I could not resist to spray it on me and it made me smile all day long!!!), a spirit powder (very nice, too. I have not tried out this one. I will use it on the company Xmas party), 3 wish boats with tiny candles, an amethyst (I will fix a silver hook to so I can wear it as a pendant), a wonderful handmade Xmas card, a nice silky handsewn cusson, a sage smudge bundle and several hand written instuctions how to use each item.

Wow, I am soo happy with this parcel full of beautiful well thought of hand made items!!! It really made my day.

Now I'd love to know who was this kind person who spent so much time to make all these wonderful items???

Guiding Cauldron
08-12-2005, 18:35
I have so enjoyed all the xmas cheer that has been going around! Reading of each of your treasures and bountiful journeys makes me feel as I'm traveling the world with each of these packages!! I can honestly feel such joy from the people who have already recieved their goodies :)

Catlin your lovely package was sent from a lil helper in OZ, Princess Lucy :)
and Rash you fun loveing person you lol I can feel your impatient excitement!! All I'm saying is yours is coming from....hummm nope you still have to wait to know! :)

Wishing you all loevely xmas spirits your way and further delights dureing this holiday season. I also wanted to thank all of you. I thank you for your freindship, your willingness, and your excitements through all of this because honestly without you all there would not be any xmas xchange! Hugs to you all!:)

catlin
08-12-2005, 18:38
@sunshineluvr,
We all thank you for having had this wonderful idea and moderating it.

Eco74
08-12-2005, 19:32
Such surprises from all over the world.. Such well thought out gifts.. Such excitement and such joy..

Thankyou Sunshineluvr for putting it together and matching us all up.
It has certainly cast a sparkle of christmas that would not have been there otherwise..

I think it's fair to say at this point that AT:ers give reeeeally great gifts. :D :thumbsup:

rash212
09-12-2005, 20:26
Ok sweet Sunshineluvr, dont tell me from where my parcel is coming but atleast tell me when it got posted, thats if it has been posted:D!!!
Gimme the joy of the countdown days:)....!!!!!

hehehe just kidding:)

love
rash

wisteria
09-12-2005, 20:37
My small gift had begun its journey...

ocho8s
10-12-2005, 03:35
Reporting another very wide and happy smile due to a package having reached its destination.

A package from Mexico no less, from our wonderful Ocho8s.

Firstly, a lovely card, which felt more like a letter.
A lot of thought went into it all and it made me feel all warm inside.
Not liking it. Loving it!! :love:

The box is absolutely amazing.. A cigar-box with an image of the lovers on it. Gold details and the artstyle is so fluid and light.. Fabulously painted, absolutely beautiful and it really had me aaahing. Not ooohing, my jaw was somewhat too dropped for that sound. *s*
And then the nativityset.. A genuine mexican nativityset with wonderful colors. We have nativitysets here aswell but these figures blew me away with their colors.. Also, I've never had a set of my own since I never found one I liked.
This will be a recurring christmasdecoration for sure and I'll be setting them up on a shelf in our livingroom tonight, or possibly in the window..
The earrings are wonderful aswell, and I'm wearing them already. Definitely will again at christmas (clothes to match the color of the pearls used) and will proudly announce where I got them from when asked. :D
And then, the oils.. Love the idea of spoiling myself a little extra, and they will be put to good use.

I'm soooo happy right now. :) :D :*

Oh, when I was showing my SO what I got he said "but if it's a christmas present, why are you opening it now?".
To which I replied "so I can wear the earrings". :D

I am so glad you like it!!!
I had fun doing the box and the earrings for you.
thanks for your description it makes me feel great.
looking forward for more excheanges and anxiously waiting for my gift :)
Anaoly

Rhiamon
10-12-2005, 06:58
my package went out today *grin*

sunflowr
10-12-2005, 11:17
My package has begun it's journey today, which will take it over a large body of water and into another land. ;) Hope it arrives safely! :)

tabbycat
10-12-2005, 20:40
Xmas goodies arrived, from mysterious ATer in Sweden! ;) Two parcels, and No 2 (aka the small one) arrived first, on Thursday. Could I wait and open both together? You guessed it - couldn't wait! It contained 3 pretty painted hearts, 2 scented candles and a special pressie for my cats, a decorated little bag of catnip. I offered it to each of them in turn but they seemed unimpressed, but that's cats for you! Maybe they'll play with it when I'm not looking.
Parcel No 1 (aka the big one) arrived this morning. Everything was beautifully wrapped in green paper and packed into boxes with drawings of Xmas trees, a snowman, dancing elves and very cute reindeer, and all was charmingly labelled. What to say about all the treasures included? There was a tin of ginger biscuits and another tin of gingerbread tea, which will keep out the cold. There were 4 lovely beaded glass votives, with masses of scented candles to burn in them, and a cinnamon votive, so my house will smell sweet and be filled with light on these dark winter evenings. There was a little Santa statue, a handsome fellow with a green pointy hat and a coat like a pine-cone. There were Xmas decorations, glittering stars and snowflakes that look handmade and a Santa with a woolly beard. There was an angel and a pentacle emblem, for protection. There was a delightful pair of earrings made with beads and aventurine and, last but not least, there was a Tarot bag in dark green velvet, lined with matching satin and decorated with beads, roses and lace, which was made to hold the BBCats deck.
So many glorious things, obviously made and chosen with love! Everything is beautiful! It doesn't seem enough just to say thank you...
THANK YOU!
You've given my Xmas a wonderful start - I hope that yours is as filled with love and light!

Jilly

Chronata
11-12-2005, 04:39
aaaaargh!

I had everything ready...and ran to the post ofice this morning...only to find that I had missed them by 5 minutes!

So...I guess the package will have to go out on Monday instead. grrrr....

I know that my recipiant is waiting ever so patiently for it! I hope that she likes everything....since most of it is handmade stuff. :)

silmarillion
11-12-2005, 08:39
yipeeeeeee......my pressie has been sent. the person who will recieve the pressie should be patient though. australia post for the most part is very slow as they dont deliver stuff when its too hot or its raining. ive also sent it economy! hope you like it! let me know when you get it!

Kimberly
11-12-2005, 09:01
I'm a bit worried :laugh:

I sent my present a while ago... and I'm not sure if the person got it or not... eek! Haven't heard anything from her... I really hope it didn't get lost in the mail! :(

That would be so disappointing for me... I love giving gifts and I hate waiting while they're in the mail, haha. I'm so impatient with the USPS sometimes, oh well!

I am still waiting to receive a gift, but in all honesty I'm really not in a hurry to get it... it would be SO hard to not open it until Christmas, so I think it's actually better that it will be arriving closer to the 25th! Tee hee.

Emeraldgirl
12-12-2005, 09:12
Mine's still on it's way I hope. I sent mine overseas 2 weeks ago. Hope it gets there on time.

Chronata
13-12-2005, 04:20
Like a migratory bird ...my package is now winging it's way south!

I hope it gets there in good time as well!

And I hope it is well received! :D

tieduptinkerbell
13-12-2005, 05:06
I was going to send mine on friday...but I forgot something...so its on its way later today...

happy happy joy joy...

me

Guiding Cauldron
13-12-2005, 06:47
Christmas Tidings
that we bid
sending joy parcels
to where others live.

Flying
here and there
at last landings are made
with such fanfare!

We giggle, laugh and
shout with glee
Horay! At last and finally
Yippee! :)

Untold treasures
are bound within
and our explorations
can excitingly begin!

We are moved
by the gentle
friendhsip and care
bestowed upon us
from a friend that is there.

With gracious hearts
we do send thanks
your guided thoughts
our first rate!

Hugs xx

rash212
13-12-2005, 13:53
Dear Sunshineluvr, You really are a gifted poet:)... that was a very sweet peotry:)... heartfelt!!!

rash

Rowanne
14-12-2005, 06:53
My parcel started its journey off on Friday last week, hopefully it should be with my person very soon.

I'm still eagerlly waiting to see what will come in the mail for me............

This has been a great idea!

13thFaeChylde
14-12-2005, 07:32
I'm still putting my package together....I'm always late but I'm worth it!!!

And......

........I heard from a little bird that I have a parcel waiting for me :)

can't wait!!!!! I am definately not gonna be able to wait till the 21st :D

13thFaeChylde
14-12-2005, 10:42
Oh, Rhiamon.....I wish I could hug you (((((Rhiamon)))))

I received my parcel from down South, and couldn't be more tickled!!
It came on my birthday :) which is perfect timing :)

The first thing I saw was a wonderful handmade card with the cutest little boy....he is adorable!! He looks like such a little man!
Rhiamon is so talented.....she made me a prosperity candle to burn on New Year's eve with a crystal in it....and it's in a lovely tin.

There is a little box of Wishing Stones which have create, magic, dream, wish and strength on them and a little book of quotes....tiny enough to carry with me in my bag.

She made her own anointing oil, and it has a pretty label....it looks so professional. I've needed some of this.

A huge Sage and Lavender smudge stick!!!!!

A banishing candle spell....I know just what to use this for.

A bag of various teas....right now I'm trying to decide which to have tonight!

An assortment of earrrings!!!! Four pairs!! and they're all gorgeous.

A pack of chamomile seeds -- one of my faves

Some tiny little glass jars....for spells?? not sure but they are very faery-sized

And last but not least......

the most gorgeous tarot bag and spreadcloth from tarot totes!!!!!
and I know just who is going to have a new home...
my Tarot of Transformation!!

~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~* ~*

Thank you soooo very much :*
I have been so lazy lately, knowing that I have the power to change things but being scared to...but now that I have some tools I have no excuse.

Gracias...Mahalo....Merci

~*~Blessed Yule~*~

Rhiamon
14-12-2005, 12:23
awww, I am so glad you liked my pressies...I actually got off my butt this year and made some candles and stuff. I love the idea of homemade magick, don't you? It was fun...we'll have to do this again sometime!

catlin
14-12-2005, 17:45
There are some packages on the way, I hope everything will arrive in time as German mailing is really a nuisance around this time of the year.

silmarillion
15-12-2005, 21:18
oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh i just got my parcel and it was great. i got a beautiful handmade necklace made from tiny crystals, a selection of flavoured green teas which is my drink of choice at the moment, i get through lots of it.two really sweet pairs of dangley earings with butterflys and another pretty necklace with tiny pearls.i also got a selection of nice aromatherapy bath products and a lovely card with a little letter in it!

wisteria
thank you so much for the great christmas present that i recieved today! you made me have a big grin on my face all day! though my dog nearly tripped me up trying to get to it before me. she sat on my bed watching attentively while i opened the package. she loves it when i get parcels ( and so do i .....i get soooooo excited)

wisteria it might take slightly longer for you parcel to get there as i spent my limited funds on the present and i sent it all economy. it can take up to three weeks and im hoping youll get it before christmas!

wisteria
15-12-2005, 21:34
Hey! hope you like it. wow that was fast I sent it last Saturday, I thought that will be a very late Christmas present.

silmarillion
15-12-2005, 23:27
it was such a well thought out pressie, the best one ive got this year by far!

Guiding Cauldron
18-12-2005, 07:49
Oh lucky day, I got a package from LA today!
The fun started with a MICKEY MOUSE addres label, YEAH! I used to live in Florida and went to WDW Often lq.
You dear sweet person you, I LOVE the goodies in my box, ty so much. Inside was Nag Champa and Amber incense, I LOVE amber! its so warming and a Sun thing to me :) A spiced red votive candle- which is lit right now and is so calming to me. A taper purple candle- I adore candles :) I NEVER have enough lq.
A lil black velvet bag with a GORGEOUS wand shaped crystal!! oh goody, its the biggest crystal I own now!
My very own copy of Mermaids and Dolphins Oracle Deck, I was looking through them today and SO MANY cards spoke to me, I even smiled like a loon! lq.
Candy kisses, fuzzy cheerful colored toe socks and a great denim lipstick case with mirror, to cute. Your card was so lovely ty, it is now forever placed in my journal.
Oh and the divine Green colored fabric box with gold design work on lid, that so many goodies came in was FABULOUS!Now I have a place to store all my incense :)
It truly made my day, and helped to perk me back up into the Holiday spirit, ty. Hugs xx

sagewriter
18-12-2005, 20:32
Yay! a_sikhs sent me my packages AAAGEEESSS ago! But for safety reasons I sent it to my home. So had to wait 2 weeks before I came back from University to open it. And I finally came home last night!!!! I didn't manage to wrestle the computer off my borther until this morning (oh the joys of being home).

I opened up the package to see this beautiful purple bag covered with black beads, just stunning!! Underneath was the Universal Rider Waite deck, and Messages from your Angels deck. Absolutely beautiful, both of them! There was a beautiful chunky ring, all sparkly and pink! A little draw string bag full of jewellry, rings, bracelets, necklaces, crystals!! It was just amazing! And there were 2 lovely cards, one for my birthday, and one for christmas. I hope I haven't forgotten anything, it was all so beautiful!

Thank you so very much, it really made my day :)

a_shikhs
18-12-2005, 22:35
ur welcome sagewriter.. hope you liked everything... i had great fun puting all your goodies together... We should have it again next year... Wish we could celebrate xmas twice a year ;)

Emeraldgirl
19-12-2005, 07:24
I got home on Friday and found that I had a package. I opened it straight away (why wait?) And it was a fantastic bundle of prezzies from Lady of Dreams. There was a box of different incenses and candles, a beaded bracelet, a necklace, a pendulam, some choccies (which have all disappeared already), Some gorgeous crystals in a stunning bag and a tarot deck that reminds me a lot of the World Spirit Tarot although it is not that. So Thank you Lady of Dreams. I love it all and I feel so spoilt.

sunflowr
19-12-2005, 10:09
Oh lucky day, I got a package from LA today!
The fun started with a MICKEY MOUSE addres label, YEAH! I used to live in Florida and went to WDW Often lq.
You dear sweet person you, I LOVE the goodies in my box, ty so much. Inside was Nag Champa and Amber incense, I LOVE amber! its so warming and a Sun thing to me :) A spiced red votive candle- which is lit right now and is so calming to me. A taper purple candle- I adore candles :) I NEVER have enough lq.
A lil black velvet bag with a GORGEOUS wand shaped crystal!! oh goody, its the biggest crystal I own now!
My very own copy of Mermaids and Dolphins Oracle Deck, I was looking through them today and SO MANY cards spoke to me, I even smiled like a loon! lq.
Candy kisses, fuzzy cheerful colored toe socks and a great denim lipstick case with mirror, to cute. Your card was so lovely ty, it is now forever placed in my journal.
Oh and the divine Green colored fabric box with gold design work on lid, that so many goodies came in was FABULOUS!Now I have a place to store all my incense :)
It truly made my day, and helped to perk me back up into the Holiday spirit, ty. Hugs xx

Yay!!! :) So happy you got it! :) I've been looking forward to when it would arrive! Glad you like everything and that it cheered you up. :)

Hugs back! xx

tieduptinkerbell
19-12-2005, 10:18
I finally got my package in the mail...grins..thank you so much a_shikhs.

It came on a day I was kinda lonely so it was a nice surprize...

SOOOOO many nice things...
anklets that I just love...silver and bells and tingly...perfect for a tinkerbell!
a stone/crystal bracelet,
pretty silver bangles...and a beautiful little black elephant statue(which is in the middle of my bangles on a little tray that I have for favorite things...grins)
a wonderful bag...black red and turquoise...and all beaded and beautiful and fits my Tarot de Paris perfectly...color and everything!
and a wonderful oracle deck...Saints and Angels by Doreen Virtue...I have already used them...this is my first oracle deck so I just love them
and a beautiful shawl...deep wine/red with sequins...I love sparklies...

I love it all...
Thank you so much...oh and the best part was the letter!...It felt like I was getting loved on by an old friend...

thank you a_shikhs...so much...keep an eye out for yours...its on its way!

love Bell
xoxoxox

a_shikhs
19-12-2005, 15:07
whoa tinkerbell... i am so glad you liked everything... and thank god. you received the parcel. i thought that it was lost somewhere in the post... whew.... lol... yohoooo.. i am so happy that you liked everything.... :)

Guiding Cauldron
19-12-2005, 17:41
- No poems today but I did want to give an update to a few items. :)

- Just letting you know that we had roughly 30 pairings for this exchange!!!

- 14 packages have been received that I know of, and 8 more ackages have been posted and are on their way, thats 22 packages accounted for :)

- Any more updates regarding the other 8 packages would be appreciated.

- We have also unfortunetly seem to have run into a package dissapearence. KIMMEE I have PMed your xchange person and am waiting to hear a reply. I'm hopeing all will be well, but I did notice looking back through that your person never posted an exchange profile. So heres hopeing to a happy resolution to this. I've also contacted your person that sent you a gift what their update is so have heart and keep the cheer. I'm looking into it :)

- Also JULES I'm so glad you got your package all right, sorry your work regulations now but I hope you liked all the goodies!!

- My all of you have Christmas cheer and start the New Year knowing that your fellow AT'ers have banded togther infriendship to grant you special blessings. :) Hugs to all xx

rash212
19-12-2005, 17:58
Dear Sunshineluvr,

Well, My update is that i am yet keeping "all the patience i have":).. Havent yet recieved MY parcel! I hope it isnt lost ...that wud be so sad!!!!! I am really looking forward to my parcel!! If only i knew when it was posted..i could relax on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care
Rash

Kahlie
19-12-2005, 20:34
Update on my Parcel.
It is NOT send yet. Mostly because *duh* I did want to go for something home made and I haven't had the time yet to start. Mostly because my parents in law, suddenly, decided to fly over.

It *IS* going in the mail tomorrow, with or without something homemade because I wish to have it on time. It should be because it's going through UPS, and normally that's 3 days or so.

Kahlie

tieduptinkerbell
20-12-2005, 00:50
you are just too cute sometimes...

i am so tempted to call you your real name here cause i love it so much...

hugs and christmas smootchies

Bell

LadyofDreams
20-12-2005, 02:27
I got home on Friday and found that I had a package. I opened it straight away (why wait?) And it was a fantastic bundle of prezzies from Lady of Dreams. There was a box of different incenses and candles, a beaded bracelet, a necklace, a pendulam, some choccies (which have all disappeared already), Some gorgeous crystals in a stunning bag and a tarot deck that reminds me a lot of the World Spirit Tarot although it is not that. So Thank you Lady of Dreams. I love it all and I feel so spoilt.

Was getting worried it had got lost :laugh:
Very glad you like it tho :D

~lady

Princess_Lucy
20-12-2005, 06:45
Yay!!!! Yay yay YAY

Got my package from the delightful Jules the other day!!! It contained:

The most gorgeous 'pong' rocks. Lovely little statuettes that have been impressed with crystals and anointed with essential oils. I have them sitting around my house and they smell wonderful!
A lovely candle (rose) - it's gorgeous
Some very effective Sleep Spray (essential oils of Neroli, Chamomile, Lavender and... um... somefing else) - sprayed it on my bed and pillows last night and slept the sleep of the righteous :D
A dream pillow - gorgeous night blue silk....
Some Nag Champa - I love this smell!!!
A set of baby essential oils - all beautiful and evocative smells! They are the cutest li'l things :D
A deck of mini tarot cards'n'book - used it on the spot Yay!!
Some lovely bath herbs with a tulle sachet to use them... bathed in them last night and felt like the Queen of Sheba :D

There was some other stuff as well, but for the moment they are escaping me :D

Thanks so much Jules - all homemade gifts and so lovely!!! You've obviously spent a lot of time and effort on this, and I want to thank you properly!!!

Love

Lucy

Emeraldgirl
20-12-2005, 07:56
Was getting worried it had got lost :laugh:
Very glad you like it tho :D

~lady

I :love: it Thank you so much still gives me smiles just thinking of it and all the care that went into it.

sunflowr
20-12-2005, 11:34
Just wanted to say again how happy I am that sunshineluvr got my package I sent her, so quickly! :) I'm really impressed, being I'm in Southern California, she's in U.K, and this is Christmas Rush time. It only took a week! Just like hers to me. :) Not bad! It's my 1st time I ever sent anything overseas, so I'm like a kid .. all "wow, fast!". lol! I didnt know much about the extra paperwork or labeling or anything.. like "duh". haha! But this angel of a lady just happened to also be sending something overseas (to Italy), and she was right in front of me in line, so she helped me alot! With the labeling, and the gift thingee I filled out, and even helped me tape up the box better!

They say angels can appear in human form, ya know. ;)

Hope everyone gets all their gifts in time, and lets do this again next year! :)

jules
20-12-2005, 14:07
YAY, i can post again!! :)

Now I can say in person THANKS to sunshineluvr!!
I couldn't believe the amount of goodies in my box, just a quick rundown:
a candle plate and bowl (from oxfam)
cutest little x-mas decorations (esp. the pudding bear!!)
some orange incense
an amethyst braclet and rose quartz keyring (love them both)
chocolate (amazingly there is still some left!)
ancient tarot deck (really nice deck) with x-massy tarot bag :)
angel whispers cards (i hadn't seen these before and they are really cute)
i know that there was more but i can't remember!!

Glad that you liked everything that i made Lucy!! It took a while but luckily it was there before x-mas :)

I just have to say that this was the most awesome idea sunshineluvr and i hope that i can be involved with this again next year :)

a_shikhs
20-12-2005, 16:55
I am so glad that all parcels are reaching safely to their destinations despite the xmas rush... yippeee!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SUNSHINELUVR FOR THE WONDERFUL IDEA AND THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR XMAS SPECIAL AND MEMORABLE....

We must definately do it again next year...... :thumbsup:

Hugs and kisses,:*
Shikhs

Guiding Cauldron
21-12-2005, 18:10
JULES! so glad to see you again, we've missed you tons girl! Again I'm sooo glad you liked everything. It was my absolute pleasure I LOVE gift giving!!

Thank you all for your kind words and estatic cheer towards this exchange it has been tons of fun to arrange and follow through with. I agree with the general thoughts that we should do another one, but maybe not wait as long as xmas next time! I'll have to think of another holiday that we could do a trade for any ideas? Maybe celebrate April with an Spring equinox xchange, Summer with an exchange in August, Fall/Winter in December. I'm impatient anyway and maybe an exchange once a quarter or something can help see the cheer all year through. :)

I'm open to ideas, even if someone else wants to coordinate thats fine too, I dont want to hog all the fun lol :)

The missing package has also been accounted for. I'm sooo glad most of the packages are arriving safely as well.

Happy Holidays everyone xx

a_shikhs
21-12-2005, 21:28
That's great... We can do something every holiday.. So which is the next holiday coming up??? :D

Kahlie
21-12-2005, 23:36
Oh. I forgot to say! My package went through UPS yesterday =)
Unsure if it's going to arrive on time, but we can always hope.

Sadly, I haven't heard anything anymore from the person who it's from... Naudia? Are you still around? It's coming your way! =)

I haven't received anything yet, nor confirmation that my package is being sent...

Happy Holidays people!

Kahlie

Naudia
22-12-2005, 08:48
Hi Kahlie;

It's coming; it's coming no worries. I've been on vacation the past wekk and just got home. I am rushing...because alot of it is homemade and a bit of a slow process. *Me and my "personal touches" sighs.* I always complicate myself. Hopefully you enjoy them.

Naudia.

Kahlie
22-12-2005, 19:22
Thanks for letting me know Naudia =)

I hope you had a wonderful vacation. My tracking number of UPS says that it's in Philly right now. (Your package). I didn't have your phonenumber... so I hope you are home at the time it's coming to you...

Do you wish the tracking number?

Kahlie

wisteria
23-12-2005, 20:06
Wow! Thanks silmarillion! I had receive a notice from the post ofice saying that the parcel is too bulky to deliver so I will be collecting my parcel tomorrow morning at the post office. Yeah, it had finally arrived, haha can't wait for tomorrow to come just I'm just too excited.

Naudia
25-12-2005, 12:35
Hi Kahlie;

I got it today. Thanks so much! I love the cards and stationary. The drawing on the letter was wonderful even if it is a fifteen minute sketch. I just sent your package in the mail. It will be there hopefully in a day or two. I was going to sent it tomorrow since what I was making doesn't feel like drying but I just gave up and sent it with or without something home-made. I'll send it later.

Naudia.

Kahlie
26-12-2005, 05:55
Glad you liked it Naudia =)

As a student, I'm kind of low on $!
Since I knew you were busy creating your own deck, I just loved that stationary when I saw it. You didn't want to have Tarot Decks, so I added a Card Playing Deck that seems to get more 'hot' as an Oracle.

Will let you know when your parcel arrives.

Kahlie

Guiding Cauldron
27-12-2005, 06:53
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL AND TO ALL A FABULOUS NEW YEAR!

Love and Blessings, Cheers! :)

ocho8s
27-12-2005, 07:55
Hello and Merry Xmas to you all
here I am working, being a bit depressed because my son is spending the holidays at his father's and ............ ( long list....))
so here comes the postman with this huge package to brighten my day!!
thanks Chronata sooooooooo much, this has been a wonderful present.
This is what I got
A great handmade card with a reindeer picture ........
for the first day.........a gold organza bag......with a dreamer's oracle!!!
what a wonderful oracle, I had never seen it and it is GREAT!! with the spread cloth handmade ............. drooling here
For the second day........a mini tarot ............
now I am crying..........
For the 3rd day.... a dream spells book......... wow, this is going to be a great help.........how did she know that during 2006 my wish is to start working with my dreams???????
For the 4th day...........a wood box with watercolor paints, brush included!!!
oh my......... my heart is full of gratitude.........now I can paint more boxes :-)
For the 5th day..........a blue organza bag full of beads!!! yeayyyy doing a happy dance........ an some stringing is due tonight!!!! ;-)
For the 6th day ...........a professional dreamer magnet set!!!
beautiful..........the fairies are just awesome!!
For the 7th day.........an unicorn and a fairy to hang from a window, she is soo well done that she has hair and everything painted with detail on the back ......ohhhhhh
For the 8th day.........a package of mint sweets all inside an angel ........
candy is gone .......ehehehe
For the 9th day......... a fortune soap...........smells wonderful and it is ready to be used tonight and every day so I get lucky!!! :-))
For the 10th day........stones ............. lots of them inside a sunny jar....... more happy dancing now to the Juanes songs!!!
For the 11th day...... Frankinsence and myrrah beads.......... getting the burner out of the closet........a Xmas necklace......... wearing it now..........and a coin that wishes me peace!!! more weeping and sobing ...........
I am so happy
and now the 12th.........a wishing candle that smells cinammon!!!
Can I tell my wish outloud???
I wish all you the happiness I feel and the sense of belonging to a great group and cyber family , I feel surrounded by love and joy from you all
and to you Chronata.......that your generosity get back to you 7 times 7 you have made this a wonderful wonderful day
I am so happy

FRom sunny Mexico
Anaoly

Chronata
28-12-2005, 09:59
Yay! Oh...I am sooo glad it finally arrived, Anaoly!

and I am humbled that you were moved by my little homemade gifts.

It makes me very very happy to be able to give something this year...as I didn't have a lot for presents for anyone.

Your wish is so wonderful, and so true! I wish everyone here happiness and joy and all good blessings as well!

((((Anaoly)))))

Thanks for letting me know that it made your day! and thanks to sunshineluvr for letting me give a present to someone most deserving! :)

floracove
28-12-2005, 13:10
Just wanted to let ya'll know that mine was mailed out about a week ago.
(can't remember the date, and the comfirmation # is in the room with sleeping girls, at this moment.)

It should be getting where it's going pretty soon.

I mailed it out, and then came to let ya'll know, and found there was something wrong with the phone, (just got it back).

sorry for taking so long.

Guiding Cauldron
01-01-2006, 01:52
Hello everyone, Happy New Year!
Even though another year has come and gone
We look foward to the New Year of 2006 :)
May the remaining packages find their way and
hopefully our new found friendships will remain lit and stay!
CHEERS!! :)

Chronata
04-01-2006, 04:00
I just wanted to pop in here and say THANK YOU!!!!!!
to Floracove!

Who sent me a Box of Wonders! :D

It was packed with so many wonderful surprises...that I am sure I am going to forget something here...

There was a groovy candleholder, some wonderful herbs(Jasmine flowers!!!! how fab!!!) A very sweet windchime, a beanie bear for celebrating January(my anniversary!)a little dress form...the cutest! candles, notepad...some candy and coffee! (delicious!) a cool bath pouf, a pumpkin! and probably my favorite...two beautiful crystals in little...what i believe to be...homemade? ribbon bags...they are awesome!!!!

Actually EVERYTHING was awesome! and the timing couldn't be more perfect as I was having a not so great day...and I had actually given up on recieving anything in the exchange...

Thank you once agian...dear sweet Floracove!

This really made my day brighter!

floracove
04-01-2006, 09:50
I've been sitting on pins & needles for a little over a week.
I'd hoped it had arrived while I was offline.
I'm so glad it got there safe and sound.

I'm thrilled to hear you liked it, and it helped to make your day!

I had a ball getting things together, a little here, and a little there...

The beanie bear, spoke to me twice, since I had laid it down the first time, but for some reason it wanted to go home to you.
I had been looking around, for other stuff, to finish filling the box, and after I got home with the bear, the pumpkins started singing along that they wanted to join the rest of the little suprises, and seemed to me that all of the enclosed goodies kinda followed along for different times of the whole year.

The crystal bags, I crotcheted with my own little hands. (((hugs)))

I'm so glad to hear it's all made it's way to you.

Enjoy my friend, enjoy!

Guiding Cauldron
07-01-2006, 19:34
well everyone i believe most all the parcels have been mailed, delivered or a couple seem to still be on their way.

all in all it was a fantastic journey with all of you and helped many, includeing myself, in the highs and lows of the Holidays season :)

thank you again for all the intrest and the friendships along the way, may your new year give you blessings in new ways.

until next time, i'll see you around the forums and chats, cheers!

rash212
07-01-2006, 19:38
My parcel has yet not left its journey!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO all my excitment is gone!!!

rash

Kahlie
07-01-2006, 21:10
I'm still awaiting for my parcel... Since it's probably mailed by normal mail, I guess it would take an additional 2-3 weeks to get here...

Kahlie

a_shikhs
07-01-2006, 21:14
Me too.. even im still awaiting my parcel..:( I hope i get it by next week...

Rowanne
08-01-2006, 20:34
I'm still awaiting my parcel - but the mail has been terrible recently what with 3 day weeks (at the PO) both at Xmas & New Year!!!

Hopefully it will be here soon!

floracove
08-01-2006, 22:33
I do believe that it has alot to do with the P.O. And the bulk they are having to deal with.
I had wanted to mail mine sooner, but life got really busy there for awhile really quick, which suprised me.

When I went to mail mine, the package should have gotten there in 4 days time, but it did take longer.

Understandable to me, since I work in fields that deal with public service, and know how it can become overwhelming.

Overwhelming with duties, and with dealing with people who aren't the one's doing the work, they can only do the shopping, and waiting part, and the waiting part can cause nerves to become a bit frazzled.

Give it a couple more weeks before you begin to get aggravated in waiting.

I know it's hard, but by that time the P.O. should have all their ducks back in their own rows.

Kimberly
10-01-2006, 12:46
I have just received my parcel today, and LOVE it! Thank you, yet again, to sprite! :)

Hope everyone has a nice day :D

Emeraldgirl
13-01-2006, 09:13
My parcel and the person receiving it seem to have both gone AWOL. No sign of either :( Hope everything is ok and they are just on holidays or something and that's nothing's been lost.

Kahlie
31-01-2006, 19:07
I wonder if anybody else was still waiting for a package?
There is no sign of mine... and since it's almost begin Feb. (tomorrow) I think I kind of have given up hope...

Kahlie

Edited to add: My partner, Naudia, said she would send it sometime soon. That was stated at the 25th of December... I haven't had any updates since, on if it was posted or not. I assumed it was posted that week, so now that I have waited 5 weeks, I considered it lost...

Eco74
31-01-2006, 20:10
Might be time for another roundup of "what's the status on your end?" for those whose packages have not yet arrived at their destinations..

Better to know than to be forgotten. :(

I know the one I sent has arrived and that the one I was to get got to me aswell so personally I have no complaints.
Except possibly for the lack of info from those who have unaccounted packages.. Telling the intended recipient about what the status is should always be a part of any form of trade.

rash212
31-01-2006, 21:02
Well, Kahlie just like you even I havent recieved my parcel, it was suppose to come from Demon Goddess, I did PM her and no response since 3 weeks!!! And surely she hasnt posted it as yet!!

I just wonder if people arent fully committed, why do they participate????!!!!

floracove
31-01-2006, 21:04
My swap partener, let me know who she was, and the problem, she was facing, we talk back and forth, and I am glad to have a partener who is so kind, as to let me know these things.

i'm in no hurry, and know that when she's able, the package will be on it's way.

Now, that's a good partener!

Ya'll get to talking and let each other know what's going on.
it's good sportsmanship, and it helps each of us.

Eco74
31-01-2006, 22:15
Rash212, sorry to see that you have so little info.
In the user info it seems Demon Goddess has not been logged in to AT for three weeks, so it's possible that she has not seen your PM.
Maybe you could try sending an email through the form here on AT and see if she replies through that..
(Choose to send an email to her from a post or from her profile and fill in the fields, it will then reach the email address she registered with.)

Floracoves experience on the other hand is a perfect example of how (in my opinion) delays should be handled..
Waiting is usually fine as long as one is kept informed about what's going on and why. Communication is important - as always..

floracove
01-02-2006, 00:22
also keep in mind that using pc's sometimes we run into problems, that we aren't able to get around until we're able to.
When Katrina was on her way here from the Gulf, we lost power, and telephone.
So, naturally those on the net worried until we were able to get power, and telephone to let them know we were alright.

It may be that some have not the ability to get online from their usual spot.
That's why having computer's in Libraries is a good idea, in a pinch...(if they have power & telephone services.)
{though, some people may not even think of it, or have transportation to and fro.}

Hopefully, all will be settled soon.

LadyofDreams
01-02-2006, 01:39
I also haven't recieved anything

My partner was Valerieb66, I know she was from Dubai and so it may take a while. I have pm'ed her, but her profile says she hasn't been around here for a while, so she won't have recieved it. She also said she had sent it somewhere back in this thread, so I guess it is lost somewhere now

Rowanne
01-02-2006, 06:27
My package has still not turned up and I haven't heard it mine one has arrived at its destination.

I believe I was paired up with Caitlin, but I haven't heard anything from her either.

rash212
01-02-2006, 15:06
Rash212, sorry to see that you have so little info.
In the user info it seems Demon Goddess has not been logged in to AT for three weeks, so it's possible that she has not seen your PM.
Maybe you could try sending an email through the form here on AT and see if she replies through that..
[i](Choose to send an email to her from a post or from her profile and fill in the fields, it will then reach the email address she registered with!!!

Thanks Eco74, Will email her!!!!!!!! I hope she replies!!!

floracove
26-02-2006, 03:47
I recieved my yule swap box of goodies today!

Everything I pulled out, had me saying 'Oh my goodness!'

Let's see, there's pine scented tea candles. mmmmmm!
Tiny little taper candles, which i've only seen on TV.
A cute little girl, bees wax candle.

The Tarot Handbook and it looks very interesting!

Handmade gift bags, like none I've ever seen before.
Absolutely beautiful work!

Sweet little christmas ornaments.

and the Gilded Tarot!

I've been wanting this deck for quite awhile, and am totally thrilled by it!

Thank you Lyric, this was very much worth the wait!

*hugs*

Rhiamon
26-02-2006, 04:25
wow floracove, that sounds worth the wait....I'm still waiting too but my partner has more important things going on right now, so I fogive her *wink, wink* I just love these exchanges :)

a_shikhs
26-02-2006, 04:30
Wow floracove.. I too am waiting for my Gilded to come... :love:

Even i am waiting for my parcel to come.. Guess even my partner is going through some tough times.. I understand... :)