Salt Crystal Lamps...

WhiteRaven

Does anyone have a Salt Crystal Lamp?

It is suppose to balance the positive and negative energies in the area that it's located in. It says that it gives off negative energies....now, I've had mine on in the room I spend the most time in for the last week. I've not shut it off once....and what seems to be happening is that I'm not feeling all that positive these days....I'm wondering if the cause of this has anything to do with the lamp and the energies it's giving off...

Has anyone else had experiences with this type of lamp before?
Have they been negative or positive effects?

catlin

No problems with salt lamps

Well, I can only speak for myself but I don't have trouble with my salt lamp. Did you have other signs of not feeling well, if so it might be a kind of illness advancing, if not, maybe your body has to become accustumed to the lamp. Trouble should have gone in 2-3 days after using the lamp.

WhiteRaven

catlin said:
Well, I can only speak for myself but I don't have trouble with my salt lamp. Did you have other signs of not feeling well, if so it might be a kind of illness advancing, if not, maybe your body has to become accustumed to the lamp. Trouble should have gone in 2-3 days after using the lamp.

No...it started a couple of days after I had the lamp on....I know...it's wierd...LOL

The Dreamer

WhiteRaven said:
Does anyone have a Salt Crystal Lamp?

It is suppose to balance the positive and negative energies in the area that it's located in. It says that it gives off negative energies...
I don't have a salt crystal lamp, but I've done some research on them (though I can't offer any possible reasons why you had the reaction that you did).

They are often claimed to emit negative ions, (which it seems can have demonstrable beneficial health effects)- not "negative energies".

But some studies have shown that the claim that they emit negative ions does not hold up.
I don't know for sure what is true about that, but I thought I'd point out the difference between negative ions and "negative energies".

A link about negative ions-
http://www.bright.net/~comtech/

WhiteRaven

The Dreamer said:
I don't have a salt crystal lamp, but I've done some research on them (though I can't offer any possible reasons why you had the reaction that you did).

They are often claimed to emit negative ions, (which it seems can have demonstrable beneficial health effects)- not "negative energies".

But some studies have shown that the claim that they emit negative ions does not hold up.
I don't know for sure what is true about that, but I thought I'd point out the difference between negative ions and "negative energies".

A link about negative ions-
http://www.bright.net/~comtech/

This is very helpful.....Thank you for posting the link.

Well....it is pretty...LOL.....especially at night when it's the only thing on...doesn't replace the candle effect tho.... ;)

Thanks again!
:)

sagewriter

i have one. but i don't feel anything from it. then again i don't feel anything from, well, anything! :(

M.J

I have a tealight candle in a triangle salt candle holder. It sure is pretty but I don't get much from it. It's supposed to give off the same feeling as if you were standing near a waterfall or something - an area that has a lot of negative ions around.

Acadia

I wish I had a salt lamp... Perhaps I'll buy one in July... If only I'd start making some money to match all I want to buy... :D

Sheri

I have never heard of these before. They are so beautiful! I think I want to get one. They also seem reasonably priced too.

Thanks for sharing the link on negative ions! I think I will get one for its beauty - anything else it does will be frosting for the cake!

valeria :)

faunabay

I actually have two - one for downstairs and one for upstairs. I hadn't noticed a difference. But now that you have made me think - things have been quite a bit calmer around here lately. hmmm..... Wonder whether that has anything to do with it? :)